Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspended sentence for burning down a car dealership

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,106 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

rovert wrote: »
    If for example it was heavily intimated that the arsonist was threatened into doing it by a third party. You would consider that totally irrelevant. :eek:
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Are you still making **** up about an already Closed Case?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

maybe Jesus told him too...

why don't you stop making random situations up for the sake of it. there no indication of that from the case
    Overheal wrote: »
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Are you still making **** up about an already Closed Case?

Seriously can you read?
    If for example it was heavily intimated that the arsonist was threatened into doing it by a third party. You would consider that totally irrelevant. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

sounds like a protection racket to me, I saw CCTV footage of a business in an industrial estate getting torched because they refused to pay the weekly fee, 6 people out of work now and the business closed down. Some little dirtbag like this guy the culprit.

Do-gooders like Rovert make me sick, making up all manner of excuses to twist the case so that the perpetrator becomes the victim.

It's like talking to a tennis ball....

Alright, bottom line Rvoert: What the **** is your Point? You're asking a lot of questions and making up a lot of hypothetical scenarios but I don't see what point you are trying to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

As in mentally inert, always associated with a racket and keeps returning no matter how many whacks it takes?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't go that far.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    sounds like a protection racket to me, I saw CCTV footage of a business in an industrial estate getting torched because they refused to pay the weekly fee, 6 people out of work now and the business closed down. Some little dirtbag like this guy the culprit.

Well done on repeat what another member of forum and myself already said.

What brings me to this:
    bad2dabone wrote: »
    Do-gooders like Rovert make me sick, making up all manner of excuses to twist the case so that the perpetrator becomes the victim.

Where exactly did I make excuses for him.

On both counts in seems you havent fully read the thread.

Alright, bottom line Rvoert: What the **** is your Point? You're asking a lot of questions and making up a lot of hypothetical scenarios but I don't see what point you are trying to make.

In the last instance I was answering another posters question and you butted in without properly reading the post properly.

You should be asking what my point is as Ive stated it number times and framed saying my point is x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Hedman

It doesn't matter what was intimated or not, if it can't be proven he was threatened then it has no relevance whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Seriously can you read?

plainly I can. Why do you insist in making stuff up in relation to this case?

you can twist anything anyone says here to suit your needs if you keep making stuff up.
    If for example it was heavily intimated that the arsonist was threatened into doing it by a third party. You would consider that totally irrelevant.

Well done on repeat what another member of forum and myself already said.

What brings me to this:

Where exactly did I make excuses for him.

On both counts in seems you havent fully read the thread.

In the last instance I was answering another posters question and you butted in without properly reading the post properly.

You should be asking what my point is as Ive stated it number times and framed saying my point is x.
    No, you're imagine reasons why he was given such a light sentence. If you're having any point, its you trying to say Patricia isn't off her rocker: that she must be basing her sentence on something we are not told.

In Fact, the article explains precisely why Patricia Ryan gave him a lenient sentence:
    Judge Patricia Ryan said the court took into account the serious nature of the charge and the dire financial consequences that it had for Fort Motors.

She also said the court noted Harcourt's personal circumstances, in that his drug-addicted mother died in 2001, leaving his sister, who was 15 years old at the time, to raise him.

In suspending the sentence, Judge Ryan said the court had taken into account Harcourt's good employment record, his standing in the community, his early plea of guilty and testimonials to his good character.
    Notice theres nothing about cohersion, intimidation, collusion, or being touched inappropriately by a unicorn.

So again, I fail to see why you are basing your discussion/argument based on anything but the source material.

• Advertisement

Hedman wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what was intimated or not, if it can't be proven he was threatened then it has no relevance whatsoever.

I NEVER SAID IT WAS!!!!!

plainly I can. Why do you insist in making stuff up in relation to this case?

you can twist anything anyone says here to suit your needs if you keep making stuff up.

Im not making anything up as Im not trying to pass any of as the truth. I thought if for example was enough of a clue for you but obviously not. :rolleyes:

Im not making anything up as Im not trying to pass any of as the truth. I thought if for example was enough of a clue for you but obviously not. :rolleyes:

you're making up examples related directly to the case.

As Overheal said:
    Notice theres nothing about cohersion, intimidation, collusion, or being touched inappropriately by a unicorn.

so why make up examples to try and include these?

So again, I fail to see why you are basing your discussion/argument based on anything but the source material.

*Bangs head against wall*

Overheal did I say that cohersion, intimidation, collusion, or being touched inappropriately by a unicorn were actually an issue here?

I explained why multiple times youve been here in this thread long enough to read it.

you're making up examples related directly to the case.

As Overheal said:

so why make up examples to try and include these?

To answer someone elses hypothetical question...

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

rovert, Don't post in this thread again

Going to read over this now, so there may be more to follow.

I feel sorry for any half decent people living near this guy if he's considered an upstanding member of the community.....

I don't know how this guy can't be locked up. Surely there must be ways to cut the hell out of the costs of keeping a prisoner? We seriously need to get a lot more people like this off the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Overheal, do not post in this thread again

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I feel sorry for any half decent people living near this guy if he's considered an upstanding member of the community.....
    +1, though they probably consider the convictions an honour badge of some kind

I'd wonder about the characters of those that could honestly stand up and give him good references, I mean he is a serial criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Does anyone know if the other offenders mentioned in the first sentence of the report stood trial and if so, what they received?
    thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

"In the criminal justice system, all defendants are innocent until proven guilty,
    either by confession, plea bargain, or trial by After Hours. This was not one of those trials."

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

IMO, there may be an unofficial motion in the background for easing up on criminals during the past few years due to the fact it costs 70k+ to keep someone in jail for one year :rolleyes:

Advertisement