Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Kess73 wrote: »
    The Shade is more powerful, and Ghost Rider is around the same power bracket as Swampy.
    Well that answers that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well that answers that question.

Well yes in a straight fight it does. But then again all three are such big hitters that even the underdog in any clash between them has to have a fighting chance.

I dug out some of my old Alan Moore written Swampy graphic novels to try and find something that could give him an even crack at the Shade. :D

One thing that might be useful to Swampy is that Shade often uses other dimensions and the like, and Swampy can use any form of plant life and any form of stone, wind, fire , and water, not just earthbound versions.

Plus Shade really only has two weaknesses, one is null and void though, but the other may be possible although Ghost Rider might be able to capitalise on that weakness better than Swampy, plus it would not kill Shade, just leave him vunerable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Well yes in a straight fight it does. But then again all three are such big hitters that even the underdog in any clash between them has to have a fighting chance.

I dug out some of my old Alan Moore written Swampy graphic novels to try and find something that could give him an even crack at the Shade. :D

One thing that might be useful to Swampy is that Shade often uses other dimensions and the like, and Swampy can use any form of plant life and any form of stone, wind, fire , and water, not just earthbound versions.

Plus Shade really only has two weaknesses, one is null and void though, but the other may be possible although Ghost Rider might be able to capitalise on that weakness better than Swampy, plus it would not kill Shade, just leave him vunerable.
    You talking about a sufficiently bright light which would strip him of his shadow thereby rendering him vulnerable. gee, awful lot of lights in the Astrodome.

You talking about a sufficiently bright light which would strip him of his shadow thereby rendering him vulnerable. gee, awful lot of lights in the Astrodome.

Yep coupled with Swampy's elemental abilities, specifically light giving fire, that he gained from the Parliments, I reckon it gives Swampy a fighting chance. :D

Another idea that came to me was Simon Culp. Yes he is dead and would have been Shade's other weakness, but what I cannot remember is where did Culp die.

If he died anywhere that had plant, rock, or earth, then Swampy could absorb his essence, and that could make Swampy a bit more potent against Shade.

Gotta love the Alan Moore retcon take on Swamp Thing's powers that pretty much became canon. :)

Yep coupled with Swampy's elemental abilities, specifically light giving fire, that he gained from the Parliments, I reckon it gives Swampy a fighting chance. :D

Another idea that came to me was Simon Culp. Yes he is dead and would have been Shade's other weakness, but what I cannot remember is where did Culp die.

If he died anywhere that had plant, rock, or earth, then Swampy could absorb his essence, and that could make Swampy a bit more potent against Shade.

Gotta love the Alan Moore retcon take on Swamp Thing's powers that pretty much became canon. :)
    I not gonna argue with Moore.

• Advertisement

BTW Simon Culp died in Star City.

BTW Simon Culp died in Star City.

West coast of America then. I'm starting to think that ol' Swampy has a good chance, 50/50 even, of making the final.

I meant Opal City, always get them mixed up I know not why. probably cuz I'm more of a Green Arrow fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I do enjoy Kess' knowledge on all things Ghostrider, I'm sure he's the man to have a pint with if one is looking to catch-up on the series.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I do enjoy Kess' knowledge on all things Ghostrider, I'm sure he's the man to have a pint with if one is looking to catch-up on the series.

Just have a stupidly large collection of comics and graphic novels built up since the 80's.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

and instant recall ? ;) just teasing - admirable.:)

Just have a stupidly large collection of comics and graphic novels built up since the 80's.:D
    Goody, you run the next tournament then.

yes, and then Wolf can vote.:)

I am voting on the final intermission.

good Wolf. :)

I will have a hand in my destiny against the Futile Four.

Two hands?

Goody, you run the next tournament then.

Nope, too much fun taking part in the voting bits.:p Plus I reckon you put an awful lot of time and effort into this, more than 99% of people here realise or would do themselves.

Deki wrote: »
    Two hands?
    I need the other one to hold the broken bottle or pool stick I will be assaulting them with.
    Nope, too much fun taking part in the voting bits.:p Plus I reckon you put an awful lot of time and effort into this, more than 99% of people here realise or would do themselves.
    Actually selecting competitors, and deciding where they fight is almost as fun as the voting. I will agree though, these things are a pain to concieve.

4-2 in favor of Ghost Rider.
    Well, that was interesting result.

• Advertisement

Final Four :
    1.Deathstroke
    2. Ghost Rider
    3. Swamp Thing
    4. ???? ???????

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Final Four :
    1.Deathstroke
    2. Ghost Rider
    3. Swamp Thing
    4. ???? ???????

Like the subliminal message with the question marks :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

I see no subliminal message. Just a bunch of question marks.

No, I don't think it's subliminal at all. Fairly obvious I think:rolleyes: :D:pac::p:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ghost Rider FTW

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Ghost Rider FTW

He is gonna be very very very hard to stop regardless of which version gets used.

He's too bad assed to be stopped. Ghostrider!

He's too bad assed to be stopped. Ghostrider!
    yes, he won. There's a different match now.

yes, he won. There's a different match now.

Does it involve Ghostrider?

• Advertisement

Does it involve Ghostrider?
    No, it involves me.

Advertisement