Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Championship Fantasy Draft

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

ecoli wrote: »
    was thinking rewarding golds and medals so i was thinking

gold 12
    silver 9
    bronze 8
    4th 6
    5th 5
    6th 4
    7th 3
    8th 2
    Semi final or inside top 16 (distance) 1 point

bonus points
    WR 4
    ER 3
    NR 1

what do people think fair enough

Sounds good. The only thing when you said that only 7 of our 8 athletes count, and the 8th is for a tie break, does that mean that our best 7 athletes count, or our first 7 athletes picked in the draft count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

I'd stick to top 8th. 16th is pretty far down to go in some events at European.

Not that it matters of course seeing as Team GB/flipflops will be winning anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

Either option looks good for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Best seven being used and 8th athlete is for tie breakers. I put the one pointers for sprinters making the semis but i suppose we could prob get rid of that as is prob bit bias towards distance and field events alright

Round 1,3,5 and 7

1.|Longjump67|Dwain Chambers|Jenny Meadows|Mahiedine-Benabbad|Oleksiy Kasyanov
    2.|Pherekydes|Teddy Tamgho|Elvan Abeylegesse| Carolin Nytra|Jonathan Borlée
    3.|myflipflops|Jessica Ennis|David Greene| Valeriy Borchin|Marcin Lewandowski
    4.|Rineanna|Andreas Thorkildsen|Renaud Lavillenie |Arthur Noga|Betty Heidler
    5.|BriandeRunner|Olga Kaniskina| Tomasz Majewski | Lisa Dobriskey
    6.|Tingle|Bob Tahri| Gerd Kanter| Arturo Casado
    7.|ecoli| Alemayehu Bezabeh|Anna Rogowska | Arne Friedrich
    8.|04072511|Blanka Vlasic| Andrei Mikhnevich| Phillips Idowu

Round 2, 4 and 6

1.|04072511|Anita Włodarczyk|Mariya Abakumova| Alemitu Bekele
    2.|ecoli| Mariya Savinova|Yuriy Borzakovskiy| Christian Reif
    3.|Tingle| Nadzeya Ostapchuk|Derval O Rourke| Andy Turner
    4.|BriandeRunner|Barbora Spotakova|Christophe Lemaitre|Natalya Antyukh
    5.|Rineanna|Svetlana Feofanova|David Gillick|Piotr Małachowski
    6.|Myflipflops| Mo Farah| Martyn Rooney|Anna Alminova
    7.|Pherekydes| Marta Dominguez|Ivan Ukhov|Andrew Howe
    8.|Longjump67|Anastasiya Kadachinskaya|Paul Hession|Tatyana Lysenko

To bring this back as it has gotten a bit lost

• Advertisement

Bump

Brian, you're up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Olga Kucherenko next for me please, sorry for the delay

Rafael Iglesias

Round 1,3,5 and 7

5.|BriandeRunner|Olga Kaniskina| Tomasz Majewski | Lisa Dobriskey|Olga Kucherenko
    6.|Tingle|Bob Tahri| Gerd Kanter| Arturo Casado|Rafael Iglesias
    7.|ecoli| Alemayehu Bezabeh|Anna Rogowska | Arne Friedrich|Verena Sailer
    8.|04072511|Blanka Vlasic| Andrei Mikhnevich| Phillips Idowu

Round 2, 4 and 6

1.|04072511|Anita Włodarczyk|Mariya Abakumova| Alemitu Bekele
    2.|ecoli| Mariya Savinova|Yuriy Borzakovskiy| Christian Reif

Jessica Augusto for me please. A cracking 14:37 5000m run last week. Has to be one of the big favourites to win Gold or a medal in whatever event she chooses. She's entered in both 5k and 10k!

I'll come back later with my 8th round pick when I get a chance to do a bit of research into who is left.

• Advertisement

My last pick is Alexandra Fedoriva please.

Round 1,3,5 and 7

5.|BriandeRunner|Olga Kaniskina| Tomasz Majewski | Lisa Dobriskey|Olga Kucherenko
    8.|04072511|Blanka Vlasic| Andrei Mikhnevich| Phillips Idowu|Jessica Augusto

Round 2, 4, 6 and 8

1.|04072511|Anita Włodarczyk|Mariya Abakumova| Alemitu Bekele|Alexandra Fedoriva
    2.|ecoli| Mariya Savinova|Yuriy Borzakovskiy| Christian Reif| Andy Baddeley

Ok with Borza out we gotta devise a system for non runners. How about this; If anyone pulls out with an injury you can pick any available athlete as long as their event hasn't started yet. Any other views? Lets hope we all get our 8 picks in before it starts.

Ok with Borza out we gotta devise a system for non runners. How about this; If anyone pulls out with an injury you can pick any available athlete as long as their event hasn't started yet. Any other views? Lets hope we all get our 8 picks in before it starts.

I'd be for once it starts it starts and tough titty. If we get it all down by end of Sunday then we can have a quickfire transfer day on Monday with designated slots put forward by ecoli and you miss it you lose your transfer right? The teams on Monday evening would have to be the final teams in my opinon.

Kseniya Ustalova

Round 1,3,5 and 7

8.|04072511|Blanka Vlasic| Andrei Mikhnevich| Phillips Idowu|Jessica Augusto

Round 2, 4, 6 and 8

1.|04072511|Anita Włodarczyk|Mariya Abakumova| Alemitu Bekele|Alexandra Fedoriva
    2.|ecoli| Mariya Savinova|Yuriy Borzakovskiy| Christian Reif| Andy Baddeley
    3.|Tingle| Nadzeya Ostapchuk|Derval O Rourke| Andy Turner|Kseniya Ustalova

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

We'll have to make a couple of changes for definite. Along with Borza, Anna Rogowska is allegedly after pulling out, and there's been considerable uncertainty over Anitra Wlodarczyk.

Rineanna wrote: »
    We'll have to make a couple of changes for definite. Along with Borza, Anna Rogowska is allegedly after pulling out, and there's been considerable uncertainty over Anitra Wlodarczyk.

Well my team has been severely decimated :D. What i am going to do is if the 8 round is not picked by 8 tonight i am gonna scrap it. Either way tomorrow is going to be a sub day on a first come first serve basis just simply put A in for B in your post.

Well my team has been severely decimated :D. What i am going to do is if the 8 round is not picked by 8 tonight i am gonna scrap it. Either way tomorrow is going to be a sub day on a first come first serve basis just simply put A in for B in your post.

If round 8 gets scrapped can those who have already picked somebody for round 8 get first choice on that particular athlete that they had picked already for round 8 when making substitutions?

I presume you can 'buy' someone who someone else has got rid of. Is midnight the cut-off tomorrow?

Sky Sport will love this, it's like the last day in the football transfer window.

By the way, quit all yer moaning, it's sport, injuries happen, you should have a squad that's able to handle it:D

• Advertisement

Tingle wrote: »
    By the way, quit all yer moaning, it's sport, injuries happen, you should have a squad that's able to handle it:D

And in sport you can bring on a sub when somebody gets injured ;)

04072511 wrote: »
    If round 8 gets scrapped can those who have already picked somebody for round 8 get first choice on that particular athlete that they had picked already for round 8 when making substitutions?

Sounds fair enough they get first dibs but only up until 2pm after that if they have not responded its all fair game so its at the honess of the people to get on before this to save people from hogging these athletes if they are not gonna be part of there team

04072511 wrote: »
    And in sport you can bring on a sub when somebody gets injured ;)

Not once the race starts;)

Nadine Muller my final pick, starting to get desperate here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

I'll have Tom Chamney please.

I want an Irish presence and i genuinely think that if he runs with the balls that he uses when talking then he is a medal chance.

Right making an executive decision here and scraping the 8th round so it will be 6 to count and 7th being used as a tie breaker. From tomorrow we will start the swap phase. Any 8th round picks are off limit until 2pm if the people who have already picked them have not included this pick in there team by then its fair game. Swap round will start from 8am tomorrow and will be on a first come first serve basis (at this stage everyone has had ample opportunity to pick the ones they want so cant moan about order of picking at this stage):D

Rineanna wrote: »

Has anybody got any link to back this up? My squad doesnt want to lose her.

I want to bring in Kseniya Ustalova and replace Arturo Casada, been waiting to do that since I picked the MF.

Jaysuma Saidy Ndure in for Yuri Borzakovskiy
    Andy Baddeley in for Anna Rogowska
    DI MARTINO Antonietta in for Verena Sailer

• Advertisement

Agggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh I want to bring in Alexandra Fedoriva for Anita Wlodarczyk but only if Anita is not competing and I cant find ANYTHING on the net that says she isnt. Decisions, Decesions!

Advertisement