Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MICHAEL MCINTYRE THE ACADEMY

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Sue Rocks

I can't believe I missed this he is hilarious!! How do you find out about these things (other than boards of course :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sue Rocks wrote: »
    I can't believe I missed this he is hilarious!! How do you find out about these things (other than boards of course :D )

I usually just check Ticketmaster religiously, but this gig really appeared out of nowhere. I have him on my ticketmaster "favorite acts" which means you're supposed to get emails before they go on sale, but none came.

I think this gig was announced on his facebook and went on sale very quietly.

I missed it and had to get them off ebay, luckily got the tickets for €20 on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Sue Rocks

Thanks for the tip fireball I have added him on ticketmaster and am about to go and Facebook stalk him!! Congrats on getting the tickets im so jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I went on the Saturday and thought he was incredible. It was a very informal gig and he was interacting with the crowd loads to build up material for his Comedy Roadshow.

He did some of his new material and came out with pages of material he had thought of. Usually this would be highly unusual/unprofessional but nobody was under any illusions about the gig and the low ticket price and it actually turned out to be more intimate and probably more enjoyable as he tried to decipher Irish-isms whilst reaming off some new stuff.

Great night, 10/10 considering the price.

STORY?!?! :pac::D

he was very good, really enjoyed it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Ive been in Belgium all summer and will be home on the 17th. Only found out about this show today and would love to go and bring my sis for her birthday. If anybody has 2 to spare I would really really sppreciate it! Thanks. PM me if you can help! Preferably the show on the 18th suits better. Cheers!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Ive been in Belgium all summer and will be home on the 17th. Only found out about this show today and would love to go and bring my sis for her birthday. If anybody has 2 to spare I would really really sppreciate it! Thanks. PM me if you can help! Preferably the show on the 18th suits better. Cheers!!!

I havent tickets for sale but try here for tickets on the thursday in the Olympia http://www.sroaudiences.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

mooeire wrote: »
    I havent tickets for sale but try here for tickets on the thursday in the Olympia http://www.sroaudiences.com/

those tickets are gone!

those tickets are gone!

Do you happen to know since when???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

mooeire wrote: »
    Do you happen to know since when???

not sure but i only have a standby ticket, so im not guaranteed entry an i applied on the 9th! but my manager sitting beside me did it about 5 minutes after me and didnt even get standby tickets!

not sure but i only have a standby ticket, so im not guaranteed entry an i applied on the 9th! but my manager sitting beside me did it about 5 minutes after me and didnt even get standby tickets!

ahhh i never even got a standby ticket!! :mad: Will have to make do with the Tuesday night instead.... :D

• Advertisement

Looking to swap two tickets for tuesday nights show for the wednesday night as i cant make tuesday.... If anybody could help id be extremly grateful!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

Was at the show last night. Talk about hilarious! :D

Saw him last year in the olympia, and while that was funny, last nights show was far funnier! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Was at the show last night. Talk about hilarious! :D

Saw him last year in the olympia, and while that was funny, last nights show was far funnier! :D

I take it you ain't 'poor Ken' then?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

I'll disagree, didnt think he was great, thought itwas him basically talking about visit to Dublin and taking the p1ss out of poor Ken....gawd love him , there on his own!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I was at last night's show. It was good, but not great. It was WAY too short, even for the ticket price. He was only on stage about 40 mins. There was no real interaction with the audience, which I was disappointed about having read some previous posts. I'm excited for seeing how he manages with the actual Comedy Roadshow bit in Dublin considering some of the jokes weren't great. I wonder will he drop them or was it just our audience that didn't buy into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

From MCD.....

"Was anyone at MICHAEL McINTYRE'S COMEDY ROADSHOW at The Olympia? It's being broadcast on BBC 1 this Saturday."

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Advertisement