Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MICHAEL MCINTYRE THE ACADEMY

Options
  • 23-06-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Michael Mc Intyre is performing a sneak preview of his new show in the Academy on Fri 9th July and Sat 10th July. A very rare chance to see Michael perform in a small club. Numbers limited to 300.

Tickets for Friday have SOLD OUT! Tickets for Saturday at a recession busting 15 Euros are on sale from Ticketmaster now!!

Anyone going?? I just got three tickets there for the Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

Yeah I just got 2 for Saturday, by the time I found out about Friday it was sold out so I'm delighted the extra date was added! €15 for Michael McIntyre at the Academy...Unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

omg he is the funniest comidean i hav heard in a long long time. it is rare that tears roll down my face at every joke. and unlike other comedians he doesnt need to curse and swear every 2 seconds to be funny. there r so many comedians tat think tat the louder they shout the funnier they are. tiernan's material is always about maiking fun of the church, dara o brian ridules d irish and tats it whereas michael can make so many everyday situations hilarious and he really is d best at it. i reckon anyway. id luv 2 see him live

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

Both nights sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

DylanJames wrote: »
    Both nights sold out!

Damn... I wish I had known about this sooner - The Academy is a great venue and Michael McIntyre is one of my favourites... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

I like him but Alan Carr is my fav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Shite. Raging I missed this.

Anyone wanna donate Friday tickets in exchange for some sort of monetary reward?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I heard about it when Friday had sold out, checked back awhile later & noticed the Saturday so I got 2 :) really looking forward to it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭alitoast

Desperately seeking 2 tickets for this, either night.....pm me if you happent to have 2 burning a hole in your pocket

Lads, NO PIPMPING OF TICKETS here.

TYVM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

2 Nights added - on sale since 11.00am.

17 & 18 August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

2 Nights added - on sale since 11.00am.

17 & 18 August.

Thank you. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank youThank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank youThank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

got 6 tickets for me my 2 brothers and our gf's

brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Thank you. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank youThank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank youThank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

got 6 tickets for me my 2 brothers and our gf's

brilliant!!

Ah you can buy me a pint on the night sure :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Oh, I'm so happy! Just came across this thread now... gots myself 6 tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Ah FFS ... this means I'm going to have to put out loads of extra chairs & put them away again ... four times ... !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ah FFS ... this means I'm going to have to put out loads of extra chairs & put them away again ... four times ... !

ill help if ya let me watch the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

can't believe i missed this :mad:

if anyone can't go for any reason and is looking to sell tickets , please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

sold out again!?!?!?!?

Argh!

How come it's not on the Academy Gig listing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I hate to feed the ebay scum, but there is one seller selling tickets at €20 a ticket with free postage, so its not too bad at only €5 over the face value. Thats where I got my two tickets anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Butters111

Hey,

Looking for two tickets for Wednesday the 18th of August!? hope there's still a chance!

• Advertisement

I'll probably regret this (as it'll reduce my chances of getting tickets) but..

http://www.sroaudiences.com/application.asp?show_id=502

Michael McIntyre's Comedy Road Show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Butters111

connundrum wrote: »
    I'll probably regret this (as it'll reduce my chances of getting tickets) but..

http://www.sroaudiences.com/application.asp?show_id=502

Michael McIntyre's Comedy Road Show

Thank YOU :) How does it work? Do they select at random, or first come first served!? Thanks again! :)

Couldn't tell you tbh. I'd say it'd be random.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Butters111 wrote: »
    Thank YOU :) How does it work? Do they select at random, or first come first served!? Thanks again! :)

It's fairly random but with the questions id say they are looking for a solely comedy audience - to give the show the best kick for the live cameras!

word of warning with this though - they ALWAYS overbook these free TV tapings, so if you get tickets that still doesnt guarantee you getting in to the olympia! the X factor Auditions was a farce, i think there was a few thousand people waiting outside on stand by!

For someone just making it up on the spot he did a damn fine job. I didn't wet myself but the audience were close to it!

We was just doing new, Irish-focused material for his upcoming, aforementioned Roadshow. Fair play to him for being that professional that he's writing a new show that'll go over well with Irish audiences.

Paul Tonkinson was his support ... he's a waste of space in my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Looking forward to this tonight. He was on Comedy Central last night so that has really whetted my appetite. I take it that it's a free for all for seats?

For anybody that was there last night, what time was MM on at? I'm not pushed on seeing Paul Tonkinson as I've seen him before and he's pretty bad.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Looking forward to this tonight. He was on Comedy Central last night so that has really whetted my appetite. I take it that it's a free for all for seats?

For anybody that was there last night, what time was MM on at? I'm not pushed on seeing Paul Tonkinson as I've seen him before and he's pretty bad.

Hello,

Yep it's a free for all. First come get the best seats but given the size of the venue theres no real restricted views ... unless your sitting behind a pole.

The show started about 8pm last night. With MM taking the stage round 8.25-30 ... My advice is to get there early to get a drink as the bar is closed when the show starts. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Tickets say unassigned seating so I presume you just sit where you can! Going tonight, looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Did anyone go? Was he any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Orlee wrote: »
    Did anyone go? Was he any good?

I went on the Saturday and thought he was incredible. It was a very informal gig and he was interacting with the crowd loads to build up material for his Comedy Roadshow.

He did some of his new material and came out with pages of material he had thought of. Usually this would be highly unusual/unprofessional but nobody was under any illusions about the gig and the low ticket price and it actually turned out to be more intimate and probably more enjoyable as he tried to decipher Irish-isms whilst reaming off some new stuff.

Great night, 10/10 considering the price.

Advertisement