Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon tennis betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

digme wrote: »
    That's gas, I'll have to put a fiver on that.
    sound

i just checked there and the fastest serve of kvitova that i can find in the tournament is 111mph which is 176 kph which means theres 25 kph between the players

dont believe it! the moment i went to click the bet it switched to in running and wouldnt let me place it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Sounds like a great bit of info haha, this poor girl is dead meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

digme wrote: »
    That's gas, I'll have to put a fiver on that.
    sound

Fiver @ 4/6 ya mad thing :D

3 service games each

Serena leads 119MPH to 113MPH on fastest serve.
    Serena leads 108MPH to 104MPH on Average first serve speed
    Petra leads 95MPH to 91MPH on Average second serve spped.

My Bet is Serena to win 2-1 in sets @ 4/1.

Could do with Petra winning first set, no chance otherwise really.

Bahhhhhh.....Serena wins first set on a tie break, should win 2 love now.

Fiver @ 4/6 ya mad thing :D

3 service games each

Serena leads 119MPH to 113MPH on fastest serve.
    Serena leads 108MPH to 104MPH on Average first serve speed
    Petra leads 95MPH to 91MPH on Average second serve spped.

My Bet is Serena to win 2-1 in sets @ 4/1.

Could do with Petra winning first set, no chance otherwise really.

where do you get the stats for service speed during the game?

• Advertisement

dotsflan wrote: »
    where do you get the stats for service speed during the game?

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/stats/day18/2601ms.html

Not sure if the speeds are being updated correctly but the rest seems ok.
    Updates after each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

I dont know a massive amount about the tennis but i see on pp, you can get 5/1 on nadal to get more aces than murray tomorrow. Surely rafa's serve isn't that much inferior to murray's... Maybe someone with a bit more tennis knowledge could offer their opinion?

Sir Vival wrote: »
    I dont know a massive amount about the tennis but i see on pp, you can get 5/1 on nadal to get more aces than murray tomorrow. Surely rafa's serve isn't that much inferior to murray's... Maybe someone with a bit more tennis knowledge could offer their opinion?

Murray has 74 aces so far, ace leaders table shows top 20 which goes down to 55 aces. No sign of Rafa and he's played more tennis. Tempter by the bookies to get some cash in. Don't touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭shawboss

Nadal is trying to incorporate some things from murrays serve,that's what his coach said recently.Good advice stay away haha

the only bet i like today at wimbledon is berdych -11.5 mph on the fastest serve against djockovic. the odds arent great @8/13 but its the only thing i fancy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Serena Williams (-5.5) Overall Games @ EVS

What do people think of this? Wise choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

PP still offering 2/1 on williams winning title yet 1/6 on her winning the match today.

Will they honour the bet at 2/1?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Scoobydooo

PP still offering 2/1 on williams winning title yet 1/6 on her winning the match today.

Will they honour the bet at 2/1?

Link ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

On the site when u log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Playoff_Beard

could have been wimbledon 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any tips for the nadal match

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Alrite folks. Just had a query for you tennis folk here since I'm more of a casual viewer these days if anything.

I have a couple of PP specials doubles and 1 accumulator. A straightforward win for Nadal covers one of the double bets as well as covers a part of the accumulator. The other is Nadal to win in straight sets.

Just wondering what do you all reckon on the likelihood of Nadal winning in straight sets, or will Berdych cause Nadal any problems in that regard?

I've watched nearly every tennis match since January and I can honestly say berdy has come on in leaps and bounds,he has a new coach and he isn't losing his head any more,I would say over 3.5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

The other is Nadal to win in straight sets.

Just wondering what do you all reckon on the likelihood of Nadal winning in straight sets, or will Berdych cause Nadal any problems in that regard?

Is that the 9/2 with Spain to win to nil? I bet on that aswell but I've not got a clue about tennis so came on here to ask the same :eek:

Devastator wrote: »
    Is that the 9/2 with Spain to win to nil? I bet on that aswell but I've not got a clue about tennis so came on here to ask the same :eek:

Sure is mate. It was too tempting to bet on. Have 15 euro riding on it.

• Advertisement

Sure is mate. It was too tempting not to bet on. Have 15 euro riding on it.

I had fallen asleep and woke up 5 minutes before start so put it on in a rush.....not thinking that I knew feck all about tennis :o

good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

I watch tennis a lot and i can tell you Nadal is an absolute machine. He is the best player in the world by a mile. The way he crushed Murray in the semi finals was awesome. I have no doubt he will win today. Berdych, as a previous poster said has come on leaps and bound in the last year. He had a great year and will soon be in the top 5 in the world. I would say Nadal to win in 4 sets is the call. Good price for him to win in straight sets so will have a bet for him to win in straight sets as well as in 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Berdych has a good powerful serve and could be hard for Nadal to break. Nadal has already gone the distance with some low ranked players with big serves but i wouldn't pay too much attention to that as he was just basically practicing in those matches. Against Andy Murray Nadal broke his serve a few times mostly down to Andy's unforced errors. Nadal will win this match but he could drop a set against an ever improving Berdych. Good luck and hope you get the 3-0 win. But i'd feel more comfortable on a games handicap.

berdy needs to be more aggresive,fast

• Registered Users Posts: 45,277 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Nadal one set up and 1-0 in the 2nd.

Can't see anything but a straight sets victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Yeah it's looking like it could be a straight set win. No more than 4 sets anyways. If Berdy gets to a tie breaker i think that's his best chance of taking a set. He just needs to keep winning his serves in this set.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,277 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Nadal breaks when it matters.

He's a class act.

2-0 Nadal in sets...

C'mon on Rafa lad, finish this in this set :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

He's going to be broken here.:mad:

• Advertisement

Put couple of quid on Nadal 3-1(7/2) and Nadal 3-2(13/1) in play just to cover the other bet....hope this money is lost :D

Advertisement