Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS4 update Today: Download Released @6:00pm

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

before setting up as a new phone, make sure ya have everything set to sync, photos music apps contacts etc, emails and texts will be gone but restore as new phone and then sync and it should be ok, worked for me and battery life is better

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

Great, thanks everyone. This restoring thing takes an age but I guess it has to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Anyone else find the response time of the screen has gone to buggery ?

Using a 3g & it's woeful now. tap the screen & it takes about a second for it to respond, not a long time I'll admit, but it used to be almost immediate.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

iMax wrote: »
    Anyone else find the response time of the screen has gone to buggery ?

Using a 3g & it's woeful now. tap the screen & it takes about a second for it to respond, not a long time I'll admit, but it used to be almost immediate.

Possibly same for me, initally I found iOS4 to be a little quicker for everything than 3.1.3, but it does seems like screen responsiveness is a bit down. Not as bad as a second to respond though.

I'm really hopeful I don't have to go back as I really love the integrated inbox. Hopefully a release revision will sort it. 3.0 versions were variable in their performance also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

How do you get rid of the keyboard now in messages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

mad muffin wrote: »
    How do you get rid of the keyboard now in messages?

Well it's only there again if you exited out of 'Messages' with it there.

Simon201 wrote: »
    Well it's only there again if you exited out of 'Messages' with it there.

Yeah but how do I make it disappear if I want to read the threaded conversation?

exit the message and then go into it again

guil wrote: »
    exit the message and then go into it again

So there is no real way now to get rid of the keyboard? before you could touch the screen anywhere above the keyboard that didn't have a bubble.

dunno but if ya tap messages in the top left and then enter a message again the keyboard isnt visible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is ios4 properly jailbreakable yet?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

OCD wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what will I lose data-wise if I restore as new rather than restoring from backup? I know I can replace the music, apps, etc but will I lose every app setting, camera roll photos, email and game progress?
    I restored from new and lost my app settings (including games), messages, and call history.

Apps, notes, contacts can all be restored with a sync, and you can backup your photoroll by accessing that folder on a PC when the iPhone is connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Stonypockets

4 mins until my update is done and ready to go...
    I've nearly multiple heart attacks since starting it, itunes kept crashing when trying to back up the iphone, and then after the update installed it said insert a pin-free sim card (my sim remover is in a different county and I sure as hell am not going for a 2 hour drive to get it)

Once over that obstacle the phone reverted to it's original italiano state *que melt down*

Anyway can't wait to see how it works (once I've learned italian/phone reverts to its original pre-update state! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

(my sim remover is in a different county and I sure as hell am not going for a 2 hour drive to get it)

In case this happens to anyone else, a paperclip, bent straight will remove the sim perfectly.

Advertisement