Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 3GS unlocking

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

has anyone got any tips for me before I try unlocking it?:)

Please Help!

ok so I jailbroke myself, that was fairly easy then I tried to unlock it!

I'm going along smoothly til I come to the part where u add source then it starts downloading packages but its freezes from there and I have to turn off my phone!
    I turn it off and back on again, reload cydia, try doing it all over again but it keeps freezing on the same part!

anyone know what to do?:confused:

thanks again

EDIT: I just turned off my phone, installed the source, it froze again after trying to install, but I turned it off yet again, on the top left it said searching, then suddenly Meteor appears!!! is that it?! did it work ok even though I had to turn the phone off and on everytime it crashed? it seems to be working fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭nicker_s

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Please Help!

EDIT: I just turned off my phone, installed the source, it froze again after trying to install, but I turned it off yet again, on the top left it said searching, then suddenly Meteor appears!!! is that it?! did it work ok even though I had to turn the phone off and on everytime it crashed? it seems to be working fine!

I had the same problems, it's not exactly a smooth process. Mine's been working since last night no probs. So yeah, once it has a network up the top left it's worked.

nicker_s wrote: »
    I had the same problems, it's not exactly a smooth process. Mine's been working since last night no probs. So yeah, once it has a network up the top left it's worked.

it seems to be ok, Meteor on the top left

it just kept crashing when trying to download and update sources, even though it wasnt a smooth process it seems to be fine which is the main thing but I'm just waiting for something to happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    it seems to be ok, Meteor on the top left

it just kept crashing when trying to download and update sources, even though it wasnt a smooth process it seems to be fine which is the main thing but I'm just waiting for something to happen!
    Prob just loads of people in cydia servers can't handle it .

• Advertisement

Reganovski wrote: »
    At what point do you update to 4.0 using itunes?
    Are the steps as follows for someone like me that has their phone jailbroken and currently unlocked?

1. Update the phone by downloading the iOS4 onto your desktop. Click on shift and then restore and find the new software
    2. When its finished, opened Cydia and download Ultrasnow again.
    3. And hey presto, unlocked iPhone on iOS4
    They're sayin wait Till they release new redsn0w before upgrading to 4.0

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They're sayin wait Till they release new redsn0w before upgrading to 4.0

New Redsn0w for 4 is out? I used it this morning

whiterebel wrote: »
    New Redsn0w for 4 is out? I used it this morning

On a 3gs ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

On a 3gs ?

Sorry, my mistake. 3G

Advertisement