Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Aural

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Lads the accents were no different from any other year! 3 parts to each section, one done in Connemara Irish, one in Munster Irish and one in Ulster Irish, same every year. Supposed to give us a broader understanding of the language or something :rolleyes:

I've no problem with the different accents, I do wish they'd use younger speakers though... 60 year olds discussig what they did in school yesterday kinda creeps me out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Viva La Cozzy

twas a very handy tape i think..i'd say i got most answers, maybe 4 wrong at the absolute most :D i found the convo between eoin and maire hard though..i said they were talking about teenagers, the second one was hard, i didn't know what the answer was tranlated but i said somethin like mar a bheic a curratais ró fhuar....i said scannán for the third one, and the fourth one was hard i just said he doesn't read it it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

They got a new fella in to do the voices too, he was daecent at it!!!I hate that lad with the Donegal accent though, It might as well be another language with the way he pronounces everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

One fellas accent was woefull.

Are tape fecked up,Takign huge breakes of say 7-8 mins every time it stopped....ended up starting the at 5 to 5!!!.

Twas grand though me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Thought it was deadly. :( I was banking on it to bring me up a bit to get a C3 which I need for primary teaching :( fingers crossed I do ok..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

omg i wanted to murder that one girl that was tlking so slowly, and that man in the cuid c that sounded bored beyond belief!! the ones that you only hear twice i didnt do too well on, they asked you to get the phone number which was like 13 digits long or something in 2 listens? f*ck off this is ordinary irish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

What was the 'Cnoc' in ciarraí in the sectionA prt.2???, I could not catch it!:confused:
    Overall, I liked it though!! Oxegen one was like my script for oral!!! :D

Cnoc Bréanainn :D:D:D:D:D:D thank you god for having my granny live right beside that mountain :D:D:D i've heard that name so many times :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

Horrifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I wish I went to a gaelscoil. Went ok though. Paper two will be a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TimeClock18

We had a power cut in our school half way through the tape, out for nearly 10 minutes and then he couldn't find where we where when it stopped.

Longest Aural in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Cnoc Bréanainn thank you god for having my granny live right beside that mountain i've heard that name so many times

ha snap , maybe we're related loL!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

It was alright, I'd say I got the majority right. For me there's always a couple of questions where I just can't make out the answer, but ah sure.

The conversations ones are always the easiest, the halves in the second play make it so much easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭maisiedaisy

Cian92 wrote: »
    It was a fairly easy one. I reckon the question, why didnt your man get the ticket for oxegen, according to Sile? will catch people out. People won't realise it was Siles opinion and not your mans.

I dunno...you couldn't understand yer man though!!

and its oicsegeain not oxygen!! Or something like that anyways:)

in the ordinary paper it said how much did she spent on her oxygen ticked but she didnt pay anything? sly question! and she never said clearly "it didnt cost anything" i just said "nil costa se aon rud"...yes i suck at irish :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Cliodhna.

actually did ye say 24 for the last answer??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I said 4

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Cliodhna.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I said 4

:(

i thought 4 too but then i thought is said ceithre is fiche?

Yeah its 24...

they said 4 scholarships were given out ten years ago in 2000 and then "i mbliana" = this year there was 24... it caught people out because there was no mention of 2010 on the tape just "i mbiana"

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Peter03 wrote: »
    Nope, she said oxygen on the tape so obviously it is acceptable as an answer.

Did the question not in fact begin 'Ca' /where?

oxygen isnt a place

baile an wherever then should be the answer:pac:

Mr Cawley wrote: »

oxygen isnt a place

baile an wherever then should be the answer:pac:
    i said "sa cheoilchorm oxegen" that should be acceptable as a concert is a place!!

• Advertisement

oxygen isnt a place

baile an wherever then should be the answer

I'd say it works both ways or they will give one mark for ceolchoirm oxygen .. and then another mark for the place.

It sounds like they are looking for ceolchoirm for than oxygen?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

muffinz wrote: »
    i said "sa cheoilchorm oxegen" that should be acceptable as a concert is a place!!

*possibly -1 mark for not including the bailewherever*

I lost a marks like this several times doing the old aurals-fact

hope for other boardsies it wont be a mark lost:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 missmichelle91

eh the first few sections where you only hear them twice were hardish but it got better for me !! :) i hope!
    how come the pauses are so short ! in french there really long which helps you understand the questions and stuff:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

Was it just me or did that 087 phone number (asked in OL) have one digit too many..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

It did.

I thought it was fine. Generally ****e at these but I thought it was easy enough. Nearly shat myself laughing when she said 'OXEGEN'. I love when they use English words in the middle of Irish sentences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 missmichelle91

ok silly question here but what if you spelled oxYgen!?:eek:
    uh oh! my brain was just mush after paper 1 !!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 student01

ChiefBrody wrote: »
    Was it just me or did that 087 phone number (asked in OL) have one digit too many..?

As far as i know..it was an a dublin number - 01...

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Two reading comprehensions were **** hard, essays were awful...

...i ALWAYS do the áiste, didnt understand the titles today so I wrote my first ever speech tri gaeilge....did the grads speech, kinda helped that I did the speech at our grads mass this year so i stole some ideas from that....ended up doin 2 1/2 pages which is well over the "ni ga go scriobh nios mo na 500 - 600 focail"...wasnt a great essay tho...vocab jus went blank:(

DOMINATED the tape tho....three answers i wasnt 100% on, rest were sound:D accent for the very last one was a lot too donegal-y:(
    Scavanged a C i reckon....could get the B I know im capable of if p2 isnt too scummy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TimeClock18

student01 wrote: »
    As far as i know..it was an a dublin number - 01...

There was an 01 number in a different question.
    I thought it was 086?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I thought it ws brillant, but then again i'm in Pass and never really had trouble with the honours tape. I'd love if French was the same.

Advertisement