Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Aural

Options
  • 14-06-2010 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭

You'd swear Oxegen were paying them for advertising! how'd ya get on?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭echoindia756

well my nose started bleeding in the middle of it! other than that, it was grand! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dreadful...

Got a guarenteed two right answers though!

Oxegen and Raidio na Gealtachta:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I thought it was quite hard. (Honours). Paper 1 itself was easy enough though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 cleirigh06

Honours.
    Paper one was ok.
    Tape was f***in dreaful
    I couldnt understand their retarded accents and I felt like storming out of the room
    Worst tape I have EVER done
    They should get people that have at least mastered the art of talkng, to be featured in the tape
    Is that too much to f***in ask?
    I might fail Irish now all because of oral and aural. For my talking exam I had a retarded examiner who barely knew Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Got a guarenteed two right answers though!

Oxegen and Raidio na Gealtachta

Sorry ro ruin in your day... but Radio na G wasnt an answer??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Ordinary.
    I'm good at tape, say I got upwards on 80% in it. Thought it was very easy.

I'm good at tape, say I got upwards on 80% in it. Thought it was very eas
    yeah same , almost sure i got +95 % :D ( honours btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Did OL. Very happy with it normally I am rubbish at it but it went well and I didn't lose my concentration at all which is a first aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 L.C.Deirdre

What was the 'Cnoc' in ciarraí in the sectionA prt.2???, I could not catch it!:confused:
    Overall, I liked it though!! Oxegen one was like my script for oral!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

Haven't a clue what I wrote. OL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Peter03

I thought it was ok, started of pretty hard and a a part in the middle was hard aswell, and my phone went off :o

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Ugh it went terribly. In a massive centre, people timed their pen-clicking/yawns/page turning very well with exactly when the answers were being said... I got myself into a frustrated rage about it :P But I suppose I can't blame my misfortune on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RooneySRFC

PARARORY wrote: »
    Sorry ro ruin in your day... but Radio na G wasnt an answer??!

It was, in OL. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Cliodhna.

Not to burst anyones bubble id say you'd have to say oxygen- baile na foinse (or whatever it was :() I thought it was a lot easier than most years??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

aural was awful... especially the 3rd comhra... couldnt make head or tails of it..! :(

It was, in OL.

My bad! :rolleyes:
    What was the 'Cnoc' in ciarraí in the sectionA prt.2???, I could not catch it!

It was pronounced Cnoc Bhreanduin.. (which im nearly sure is Bhreandain when written out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

That had to be one of the easiest listenings I've done in forever!?

It was funny at the start because my examiner, who doesn't speak Irish was looking at us all when we hadn't started writing at:
    "Leamh anois go curmach ar do scrudpapear..."

And she didn't know what to tell us on Paper 1 when we asked do we tick Irish or English!?
    XD

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Peter03

Cliodhna. wrote: »
    Not to burst anyones bubble id say you'd have to say oxygen- baile na foinse (or whatever it was :() I thought it was a lot easier than most years??

Nope, she said oxygen on the tape so obviously it is acceptable as an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Don't mean to sound cocky, but I'd be expecting 100% in that, I go to an Irish school so obviously that's going to be one of the easiest bits of the Leaving for us, but even so I thought it was a LOT easier than anyones we have done in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

thought the aural wasn't too bad..

only answer I left blank was the one where they were looking for the Cnoc in Kerry..?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

clean toilets at oxegen?? ehhh????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

ugh, mine went bad as expected.
    the aural always bring me down in irish. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

I thought the aural was fairly nice (higher),
    Didn't like the first leamhthuiscint about your man walking to sandiago though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

ceol18 wrote: »
    clean toilets at oxegen?? ehhh????
    Maybe she was in Green camp haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

that just made me want to go to oxegen more XD .handy out ..god i love pass XD

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I'd say I got about 10 answers in ordinary. It sucked.
    I was sitting so far away from the tape recorder and everyone was making so much noise. Nearly stood up to tell them to shut up for just half an hour. It's the leaving cert people!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MyHair

Mine was okay, but their retarded accents really made it harder than it should have been:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Cliodhna.

Peter03 wrote: »

ya but it said oxygen baile na foinse (don't have a clue how to spell it)
    all the better if ya dont have to say that!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

It was a fairly easy one. I reckon the question, why didnt your man get the ticket for oxegen, according to Sile? will catch people out. People won't realise it was Siles opinion and not your mans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Peter03 wrote: »

She said Baile na Phoinse (I spelled it right on the paper lol) right after oxegen so I'd say it was needed or else it's a 1 marker.

Advertisement