Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Most uncomfortable car you've driven?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

1996 Rover 414.

Brand new , it was a company car .

I drove onto the M40 ( I lived in West London ) , I had to stop the car and check because the damn thing was SOOOOOO noisy.

It was uncomfortable , noisy , badly made , just rubbish

Worst car I ever ever drove

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Renault Clio I got as a rental in Lisbon.
    Ye gods, what a dog.
    It was uncomfortable as hell- and the steering arch was appalling.
    It was also one of the most underpowered cars I've encountered- it slowed right down anytime I encountered a hill. Counter intuitively- it simultaneously drank petrol.
    I never ever rent entry level models any more after having to drive almost 14k in that crap over a 2 week period. Shudder......

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Citreon xantia,it was back breaking being in it for more than half an hour
    Mercedes 190e had a really hard seat, cruel on a long journey.
    Iveco vans are very uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

04 VW Beetle cabrio :( eugh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I echo the Clio post above. The steering wheel position along with the lack of leg room is just all wrong. It handled well though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

qz wrote: »
    04 VW Beetle cabrio :( eugh

Dont lie you love it really :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The french have a habit of having really odd driving positions in their cars. My 205GTI was all over the place from a seating perspective.

I think it's because they didn't give a sh!te about proper seat positioning in the RHD models, seeing as there were so few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

BMW X3 with the M sport suspension pack. Truly dreadful.

Most Audis on 20" wheels

(Relative to expectations not in absolute terms, that would be a stripped out XKR set for Nurburgring work with awful bucket seats that killed me after about 10 mins!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

unkel wrote: »
    +1

I had a brand spanking new one as a rental car for a fortnight on my holidays back then and it was the worst car I've ever driven. And I've been driving for nearly 25 years now and I've driven many cars :)

Bland, cheap, unresponsive, dreadful, plastic. Hateful. And I'm no snob, I've been delighted driving 10 year old base Renault 5s around for weeks. I've owned a Nissan Micra and it was a grand cheap A-B vehicle. Those Corollas are complete and utter crap though...

This is about comfort, not quality of interior plastics. The 03 Corolla is average.

Most uncomfortable cars I've driven have all been high driving position where it's like you're sitting bolt upright at Mass. Good Friday Mass with a funeral afterwards even.

Those would be Opel Agila, Zafira and Ford Transits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

As a rear passenger a 1998 toyota corolla(horrible experience) and as a driver fiesta mk2 and mk3, both undrivable **** boxes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement