Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Name change queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

no they changed it free of charge in fairness
    24 hr window as a 'grace period' - seems to allow you to update most details

€110 to change a name is nuts in fairness. but perhaps it concentrates the mind in 99.9% of occasions

thank you mick o'leary!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

phew, at least you're sorted now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

ya - no hassle at their end
    2 mins on the phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I once booked a flight for completely wrong date because I had multiple browser tabs open, I closed every tab except the one with the correct date but I guess the info that I searched/picked last was the one in cache or cookies, so when I proceeded with the payment it must've updated with the other wrong dates... I only noticed when got the email confirmation, but still had to pay the change the date/flights fee. argh!:mad:
    I've learned my lesson and always double check everything on the page before proceeding with the last step of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 am23843

what number did you use to get through to ryanair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

In fairness to Ryanair, (I can't believe I just said that :p ) there are a lot of topics posted on here, from people who made mistakes on names when booking flights. They are freaking out about big fees to do a name change or correction. The overwhelming majority of them, all seem to get it resolved at no cost, by speaking to someone at Ryanair. That has been happening long before Michael O'Leary kicked off the new touchy feely Ryanair over the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭itgirl268

hey guys im just after booking airline tickets with ryanair but you see im after booking my flight under my birthcert name which features on my passport but not on the main part? i cant afford to pay the 110 to change it. do i need to?? will they still let me board??

Give them a ring in the morning. You can now do a name change for free, if you contact them within 24 hrs of the original booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭itgirl268

Whats their number???

1520 444 004 if you are calling from Ireland.

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/questions/contacting-customer-service/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hey guys,
    No doubt this has been asked before but flying on Friday and having a little heart attack..
    Friend booked tickets to Stansted using just the name Ben
    However the first name on my passport is written as Ben Daniel (Daniel being my middle name,.not mentioned.on anything else other than passport)

Will this be an issue when flying? Going from Dublin if that changes anything

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MRG77

No, Nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Just wondering if a mistake is made on the YEAR of the DOB entered on Ryanair will make any differance??

Entered 1966 instead of 1965?? what do they use it for anyway??

Don't remember seeing it printed out on a Booking Confirmation or on a Boarding Pass....so would I be ok??

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

When did you do the booking? if it was Today you have 24 hrs to make amendments for free these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Wife the booking late Friday night.....only told me today!

Not going til June 2015. Was going to just leave it sit as is!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Wife the booking late Friday night.....only told me today!

Not going til June 2015. Was going to just leave it sit as is!

As its not printed on it bar in the barcode thus not human readable - They only check the name is correct in my opinion! you may get away with it. However you might get caught and she'll have to pay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Go on live chat. They'll fix it for free.

Does anyone have any experience of this by any chance, I booked my female friend as a Mr. on Ryanair flight. We don't have bags to check in or anything so is it likely it will even be noticed?

Will they charge me the full name change amount if I change it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

They will.

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    They will.

Do you have experience of them doing that or just a guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,372 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

BTW, the reason they want this information is for weight (=fuel) calculation. They use average weights for adult male, adult female, child and infant. Old style airline tickets had a box which was populated with M/F/C/I depending on the passenger.

So it's not as trivial a detail as you might think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Just a guess. But they will charge you - you dealing with Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,372 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I believe Ryanair now allow changes for free with 24 hours to correct minor details that you got wrong. As the fare for male and female adults is the same, that change that you need to make should be free if you're within the 24 hours.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

coylemj wrote: »
    I believe Ryanair now allow changes for free with 24 hours to correct minor details that you got wrong.

Correct.
    FLIGHT CHANGES & REFUNDS
    24 hour grace period for correcting minor booking errors

Customers who book directly on the Ryanair.com website have a 24 hour grace period from the time of original booking, to correct any minor errors (i.e. spelling of names, incorrect routings/dates) made in their original booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bobfree

So a friend of mine recently booked a holiday via sunway and turns out that the name on the booking for her daughter is slightly different to that of the passport As its a double barrel name.does aanyone know how much this would cost to get it changed

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Call Sunway. As you don't know the airline there is nobody else to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bobfree

Call Sunway. As you don't know the airline there is nobody else to contact.

Grand job! Just said id chance a topic to see if anyone had a rough idea! Cheers though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ladybug1

Hi just wondering if I was going to change the name of an infant on an aer lingus flight would I have to pay the fee of €100?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Just in case it helps someone in the future my Dad booked flights a while ago to travel with Ryanair last week. When he printed the boarding passes he realized he'd spelt the other passengers surname wrong (just by 2 letters). He was afraid they'd kick up a fuss at the airport so I said I'd ring Ryanair for him. When I was on the website looking for the number I saw the new online chat option. Five minutes and a very easy process later they changed the name for free and he could reprint boarding cards correctly. Couldn't believe how easy (and free!) it was. Thought I'd be trying to ring, waiting maybe half an hour to get trough and then charged a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Yeah they're pretty good at things like that nowadays. Not people taking the piss and trying to get full names changed for their mates, but spelling errors, and seat assignments (I was automatically assigned a middle seat, and they moved me to the aisle when I asked). Good for them.

Advertisement