Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cars

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Mine the day I bought it. Volvo V70 2.0 turbo. 7 seater but fits 4 bikes in the boot.
    Absolutely drinks petrol.
    cycle most place so only do 6000k a year and most of that is on holidays (none this year though:( thanks to the 2 Brians)

31373_401000423316_560318316_4413021_4795631_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Once shes on the road she should be great for transporting me (and accomodating me) to all the cycle tours that my heart desires!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

View2?id=29020302004 Nissan Skyline 350z GT

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Learning to drive at the moment, have my driving test on the 15th of July, which is three days after I get back from my French trip. I bought my first car there in May a blue 3-door Toyota Yaris. I leave the back seats down permenantly because if my bike isn't in there then my golf clubs are.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,049 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

abcdggs wrote: »
    step one: get license

step two:get a job

step three: save

step four:
    r500a.jpg
    Some day...

I ran a Fireblade-engined version of that for a couple of years. Great cars. Full cage, aeroscreen, sequential bike box, LSD, wide track, Willans harnesses, battery cut off, titanium silencer, 392kg with an empty tank. Sold it to fund the move to Ireland (along with my Mini Cooper S and knackered old tow car).

I do occasionally daydream about getting another one, probably an R300 or R400 at a push. IMO R500s have too much power unless you have god-like driving ability.

Currently running a breeder wagon and a shopping trolley. The joys of parental responsibility...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

What's a sequential bike box?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

my dream garage would see an audi rs6 avant as my cycling, golfing, surfing, boarding vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Lumen wrote: »
    I ran a Fireblade-engined version of that for a couple of years. Great cars. Full cage, aeroscreen, sequential bike box, LSD, wide track, Willans harnesses, battery cut off, titanium silencer, 392kg with an empty tank. Sold it to fund the move to Ireland (along with my Mini Cooper S and knackered old tow car).

I do occasionally daydream about getting another one, probably an R300 or R400 at a push. IMO R500s have too much power unless you have god-like driving ability.

Currently running a breeder wagon and a shopping trolley. The joys of parental responsibility...

Very jealous, but i'll be a long time before a) i can drive it safely b) i can afford it and the insurance
    DirkVoodoo wrote: »

like you would have on a motorbike, ie click up one to go up a gear down one to go down a gear.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

Lumen wrote: »
    I ran a Fireblade-engined version of that for a couple of years.
    Waste of a Fireblade engine: works better with two wheels.
    (along with my Mini Cooper S and knackered old tow car).
    Cooper S's, now they were fun, it doesn't matter that a bog standard Nissan Micra is faster and handles better (unless were were paying lots of cash to Mr Osselli), you knew you were moving when you could watch the road through the rust host in the floor!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

1999 BMW 318 saloon for moving family, can't fit one bike into the boot even with both wheels off, drinks petrol, serves me right I guess.

1999 Citroen SAXO hatchback for moving bikes, takes whole bike inside without removing wheels, takes 1 bike in the boot with both wheels off, thus bike rack permanently fitted.

Will never buy a saloon again, hatchback (at least) from here on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I have a Renault Grand Scenic (referred to as a "taigmobile" by a northern friend) for meself, herself and the four little 'uns. Every saturday night, I go through the painful process of taking out child seats and folding down seats to accommodate the bike for the sunday morning spin. Every sunday afternoon, I ...

I would say I could get at least four bikes in if I had to. I have bars on the roof too. Anyone need a support driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,049 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

rp wrote: »
    Waste of a Fireblade engine: works better with two wheels.

For a short period of time, until you're dead. Then it works very well for the next owner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Its the gearbox from a motorbike just push forward to go up the gears and pull back to go down(or vice versa depending on set up) it makes for a savage gear shift .Had a sequential in a rally car once and it was the mutts nuts.

Yeah I know what a sequential gear box is, I've just never heard it referred to as a sequential bike box. It confused me for a bit, I wasn't sure what he was on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

A BMW 2002tii. It has a biggish boot, so i can just about squeeze my mountain bike with the front wheel off and saddle down, but have tended to take both of them off now when going up the mountains for a spin. I'd love a Touring version.

117687.jpg

Lovely! My Dad often tells me about the 2002 he had years ago. I've seen one or two around town, lovely car. No Bangle styling for me thanks!

Advertisement