Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insane HGV driver

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

notel70 wrote: »
    i was coming from 2 angles, both the gearing and the load.

back in the 80s some irish were know to put bus hubs on their trucks to allow them to hit 85+mph

Back in the late 80's MAN had an artic that was clocked at over 100mph pulling a flat trailer in testing. Bog standard too, I believe. All the hauliers were talking about it at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

ardmacha wrote: »
    Nonsense. There have been numerous times that trucks have pulled out on a road in front of me, forcing me to brake, although I was no way travelling reasonable speed for the road in question. Likewise these louts pull out into the overtaking lane on motorways.

Well you should be watching where your driving and driving your vechile at a speed where your in full control. Obviously you cannot achieve that.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

ardmacha wrote: »
    Nonsense. There have been numerous times that trucks have pulled out on a road in front of me, forcing me to brake, although I was no way travelling reasonable speed for the road in question. Likewise these louts pull out into the overtaking lane on motorways.

And what do you do for a living besides posting defammotory comments about hgv drivers on a internet forum. I am not a lout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

SARASON wrote: »
    Well you should be watching where your driving and driving your vechile at a speed where your in full control. Obviously you cannot achieve that.;)

There nothing you can do if someone pulls out in front of you with no warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

On the motorway, I was passenger in a car which was cut off by an artic moving into the overtaking lane.
    The driver calmly waited for the artic to finish the over take and move in the "slow" lane.
    Driver overtook the artic and another car further up - then pulled into slow lane and reduced speed.
    Artic went back into overtaking lane to clear the car (between us and him) and waited in the overtaking lane to overtake the car I was in.
    My driver then just increased his speed to match the artics leaving the artic stranded in the overtakimg lane. Kept it up for between 0.5 and 1 mile until he had to speed up to get by a slow car in the slow lane and then continued to do the same thing again in the slow lane.
    Artic driver was going nuts, blowing his horn and doing some mock meaving to intimidate my driver.
    He got so pissed off that he ended up killing his speed and getting into the slow lane behind us and got to stay on our bumper at 80kph for another mile or so until my driver got bored and left him.
    I wouldnt condone it but it really pissed that artic driver

What sort of an idiot does 80kph on a motorway. If i was you i would have gave him a slap in the mouth;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement