Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do people think TCD is snobby?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

When I was applying for Trinity people siad, "its too hard to get in, I wouldnt even bother applying" or "its too snobby there". Well, all I can say is thanks for not trying as it gives the students who do want to go there a better chance of getting a place, just like me. And I also wouldnt be the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Im a mature student and started my course last year. For the first 6 months I found it very stressful. The staff were very helpful and the lecturers very approachable. One of them even had an extra class over the Christmas period out of their own time for students who were struggling with the subject.
    In UCD and Maynooth when I was applying I was treated like dirt. UCD left us out in the pissings of rain at an open day. Mature students are required to sit exams for the social science course in Maynooth. 200 people in a class room are required to sit a memory test, absolute rubbish.
    Some groups of people may be snobby in Trinity but they are still very friendly and its an excellent college. You will get the odd arse*o*e in any college. Remember, dont judge people. When you are pointing the finger at someone, there are another 3 pointing back at you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

byrnem31 wrote: »
    When I was applying for Trinity people siad, "its too hard to get in, I wouldnt even bother applying" or "its too snobby there". Well, all I can say is thanks for not trying as it gives the students who do want to go there a better chance of getting a place, just like me. And I also wouldnt be the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Im a mature student and started my course last year. For the first 6 months I found it very stressful. The staff were very helpful and the lecturers very approachable. One of them even had an extra class over the Christmas period out of their own time for students who were struggling with the subject.
    In UCD and Maynooth when I was applying I was treated like dirt. UCD left us out in the pissings of rain at an open day. Mature students are required to sit exams for the social science course in Maynooth. 200 people in a class room are required to sit a memory test, absolute rubbish.
    Some groups of people may be snobby in Trinity but they are still very friendly and its an excellent college. You will get the odd arse*o*e in any college. Remember, dont judge people. When you are pointing the finger at someone, there are another 3 pointing back at you :D

Is this just for mature students? To be honest, nearly every college that does exams are nearly all memory tests. My sister's doing exams for King's Inns (the BL) and if you want to see true snobs (i.e. ever hear of a dining?) then it's them. But also, the exams she has to do are all memory tests, it's fecking ridiculous so it is.
    The only advantage UCD has and credit where credit is due, is that it has a vastly superior IT system. The computers are all XP, they work pretty damn fast and efficiently in comparison to some of the computer rooms in Trinity. Other than that, TCD ftw!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

El Siglo wrote: »
    Is this just for mature students? To be honest, nearly every college that does exams are nearly all memory tests. My sister's doing exams for King's Inns (the BL) and if you want to see true snobs (i.e. ever hear of a dining?) then it's them. But also, the exams she has to do are all memory tests, it's fecking ridiculous so it is.
    The only advantage UCD has and credit where credit is due, is that it has a vastly superior IT system. The computers are all XP, they work pretty damn fast and efficiently in comparison to some of the computer rooms in Trinity. Other than that, TCD ftw!:D

When I was applying for social science it was just for mature students. 200 people applying for a handful of places. It was mental. In Trinity they shortlist it and then you have to go to an interview which is good as you get to show your passion for the course. The other colleges just read your application off a piece of paper and get you to sit tests. Stupid system isnt the word.
    The computers in Trinity are a joke, thats a fact and they know it too.

Advertisement