Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x20 "Incursion Part 2" **SPOILERS**

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Awarded Chloe's runner up medal
    No bullet is gonna get through those babies, so i'd say she'll be ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

McKay
    They're HUGE!!!!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Good finale. They did well bringing in multiple cliffhangers, none of which felt forced. I reckon Chloe's baby is gone - it's a dark enough show and having a baby onboard would be problematic (and not that interesting).

Also was wrong on my guess about the ship's computer being possessed - the binary star radiation answer was far geekier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Kiith wrote: »
    No bullet is gonna get through those babies, so i'd say she'll be ok.
    ended up reading one of her blogs there while browsing IMDB,
    she said she was filming episode 2 or 3 of season 2 that week, so its safe to say she'll survive,
    i hope they make her a main caracter, im sure chloe could move aside to accomodate

ixoy wrote: »
    Good finale. They did well bringing in multiple cliffhangers, none of which felt forced. I reckon Chloe's baby is gone - it's a dark enough show and having a baby onboard would be problematic (and not that interesting).

Also was wrong on my guess about the ship's computer being possessed - the binary star radiation answer was far geekier.
    scot will be devastated;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

ixoy wrote: »

It was actually spot on with fact. +1 to the writers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wow, great ending to the season, final scene especially. Standing there, face covered in blood etc, refusing to kneel down. Baby dead.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Fenster wrote: »
    It was actually spot on with fact. +1 to the writers.
    Probably down to having John Scalzi, a well-regarded sci-fi author, as a creative consultant. Alastair Reynolds recently blogged about how he was very pleased with seeing some accurate sci-fi on screen (particularly with relation to the astronomy side of things, which isn't surprising given he worked in the aerospace industry).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

If the baby doesn't survive then its a serious statement that they are breaking away from the sterotpical SGx where everything gets wrapped up with a happy ending within about 42-43 minutes.

Also agreed on removing Chloe - she doesn't add a lot to the show and there are other characters that should be getting more screen time. Shows that try to share screen time amongst too many characters doesn't do well.

BSG eliminated characters with great effect!!! For example: When the cheifs missus got airlocked is was pure class!!
    • Greer/Scott/Blone hot chick to survive.
    • Baby won't make it.
    • One of two more Jablonski's (Red Shirts) to die.
    • Half of the Lucian Alliance will be gone but the leader and musley dude will survive (again some red shirts will be added and can be killed in season 2 sometime)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

brilliant episode, though i was expecting the power outages to be caused by franklin. where is he btw? lost in the ship's systems?? :confused:

feck it anyhow. not back til october :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Musley does look like he's being positioned for a significant role next season. Might not be for long but I doubt he'll get snuffed out casually.

Fantastic ending I thought. I agree with the general consensus on Chloe although I do think she works very well with Eli's character, who is developing very well. It's also interesting to have a character there who has no purpose to serve, and they don't pretend otherwise.

McKay
    But Eli now knows Chloe knows he loves/fancies her...."of course you do", she's never gonna go there. He must know this by now, she serves NO purpose any longer...the Chloe/Eli thing can't and won't go anywhere.

It would be an insult to the fans if she hooked up with him, in real life she never would...SGU is supposed to be more real and gritty, in the real world nice guys don't get the hot chick.....kill her off.

McKay
    Ratings UP sharply: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/06/15/friday-cable-ratings-stargate-universe-up-plus-whale-wars-the-soup-merlin-more/54235

It's moving to Tuesdays in the fall...but will it go head-to-head with USA's White Collar?

Ratings UP sharply: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/06/15/friday-cable-ratings-stargate-universe-up-plus-whale-wars-the-soup-merlin-more/54235

It's moving to Tuesdays in the fall...but will it go head-to-head with USA's White Collar?
    do they have similar fan bases i wonder,

still the move to tuesday can only be good, i cant see a downside TBH, but id say syfy will be expecting a fairly substantial increase in viewing figures, and if not they might not renew for season 3

McKay
    Not comparing fanbase, based on ratings when White Collar was on Fridays with SGU in the early part of the season, White Collar pummeled SGU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

anything's better than friday night. it'll be easier for me to get it if it's on tuesday anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I thought that was a fairly fantastic ending. In sticking with the SG tradition of cliff hanger endings though, that was a bitchin' cliff hanger. Plenty of scope for a few main characters to die, which it needs, *cough* Chloe *cough. Sure you're fine, but you're useless and somewhat annoying, so it's bye bye for you. I actually think TJ could be a gonner too, but that would be a big axe to yield. The baby is definitely gone though, we don't need another child adopted by the crew ala Voyager.

Also thought that Eli would find some cool weapons or something, but of course he didn't. That probably would have been a bit too much, especially with his saving Mary-Jane Chloe storyline.

Roll on part 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

hope the baby does survive, only to see the classic episode where there's a mix up with the stones and Jack and the Baby swap bodies.

We see adult jack at SG HQ floundering and dribbling on the floor while a baby walks around destiny cracking jokes and giving orders.

I'd pay to see that!

P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

whiteman19 wrote: »
    brilliant episode, though i was expecting the power outages to be caused by franklin. where is he btw? lost in the ship's systems?? :confused:

Same. And i think he is inside Destiny somewhere, like in the SG1 episode "the Sentinel" where they had this planet defending weapon that needed a human "sacrfice" to operate. Possibly the Ancients hadnt adapted sufficient AI programming at that time and had ghosts manage their larger equipment.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Thought the series picked up towards the end alright. Last 2 episodes were pretty good. Alot in the middle were disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

meep wrote: »
    hope the baby does survive, only to see the classic episode where there's a mix up with the stones and Jack and the Baby swap bodies.

We see adult jack at SG HQ floundering and dribbling on the floor while a baby walks around destiny cracking jokes and giving orders.

I'd pay to see that!

P

Oh good god, I hope the writers have thought of this....

Advertisement