Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x20 "Incursion Part 2" **SPOILERS**

Options
  • 12-06-2010 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭

IncursionPart2.png
    As Young and Camille attempt to resolve the hostage crisis with Kiva, Destiny suffers from power fluctuations and blackouts due to its proximity to a binary pulsar.

Holy ****! That was brilliant.

What did you think of SGU 1x20 "Incursion Part 2"? 68 votes

Binary Pulsating!
    0%
    Awarded Chloe's runner up medal
    73%
    suttyYakuzastevoslicePepe LeFritsMr Ejor el[Deleted User]CatsmokinpotPeaceDiddy KongKiithgammastackeyeSherifualastair_doomTar.AldarioncooperguyThe GnomeRavage1616deman 50 votes
    McKay
    14%
    D-GenerateSimiRichard DowerKazumaDr. BaltarFreudianSlippersJames74GSPfanstopCptMackey 10 votes
    Rushed
    10%
    VenomSir Digby Chicken CaesarLoGiEAuversrobby^5Snowiedocdolittle 7 votes
    More harmful than gamma radiation
    1%
    entropi 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Great freaken ep alright. Cant wait till season 2 now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Now that is how you end a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Tefral

Meh... that episode was a whole lot of nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

McKay
    The closing moments were brilliant but it dragged on through most of it I thought. Still great though. Sick now that its over for a while.

Hope TJ's baby is dead. Hope everyone else lives. Pity Camille didn't get a bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

GSPfan wrote: »
    The closing moments were brilliant but it dragged on through most of it I thought. Still great though. Sick now that its over for a while.

Hope TJ's baby is dead. Hope everyone else lives. Pity Camille didn't get a bullet.

Thats awful thing to say!!!!!:rolleyes: Thought it was great but once again void of any humour so will disappoint the geeks no doubt!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Rushed
    Hmmm.... Not bad. I still dont get why he didnt just vent the gateroom then revive the crew after!

LoGiE wrote: »
    Hmmm.... Not bad. I still dont get why he didnt just vent the gateroom then revive the crew after!

I would imagine venting the atmosphere removed the brainwashing but would kill others/cause brain damage?? in normal circumstances,considering he thought it was still Rush he decided against it. Dont know why they didnt just shoot them all as they came through the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Sorry but I cant stand watching an entire season to see it finish like that. There needs to be some sort of closure and a beginning to season 2. Plus I also resent having to wait to get an answer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Grimes wrote: »
    Sorry but I cant stand watching an entire season to see it finish like that. There needs to be some sort of closure and a beginning to season 2. Plus I also resent having to wait to get an answer
    You've never watched a Stargate season finale before, have you :rolleyes:

I thought that was brilliant. Really enjoyed the double episode. Sucks that we have such a long wait till season 2, but i'm already looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Great episode. How long till season 2?

I dread to think. All my "stories" are finished their current seasons. What the hell am I supposed to do on Sundays now? ANSWER ME!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thought it was excellent...
    Great episode to end a great opening season...
    I'm a fan of cliffhangers, and that was one damn fine cliffhanger...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Smyth wrote: »
    Great episode. How long till season 2!

October. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Rushed
    Awh... it's ages until the next one now :( I liked it, wish there wasn't so much of a cliffhanger though.

And the names of the next seasons episodes kinda gives some of the plot away
    "Intervention (Part 3)"
    "Aftermath"
    "Awakenings"
    "Pathogen"
    "Cloverdale"
    "Trial and Error"
    "The Greater Good"
    "Malice"
    "Twin Destinies"
    "Resurgence (Part 1)"
    "Deliverance (Part 2)"
    "Visitation"
    "Alliances"
    "Hope"

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Grimes wrote: »
    October. :(

fuuu.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

McKay
    I had a **MONSTER** catchup session last night, watched Ep. 12-20....phew!, best ep. of the lot was the flasback ep. with Rush and his wife + Daniel Jackson. I won't detail every ep. but i think the second half of the season was an improvement over the first 10 eps.

Season finale was pretty good, nice cliffhanger ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,257 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Smyth wrote: »
    fuuu.png
    Oh calm down. Because you patiently endured the 4 month hiatus midseason, its only in october. Or else you would have had to wait until February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

That was quality. I wonder how they're going to save the blondey one and the baby. She's the medic after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

we should have a baby so by the end of the first episode, i know it sounds pure evil for the stargate verse but the baby dieing could work better in the long run, but i dont think anything that evil has been done on stargate

also episode 9 next season is called
    twin destinies,
    should we take that literally
    that they find another destiny,

i wonder if kiva will live, i hope she doesnt, we already have rush, young, and wray fighting for control you couldnt be adding another to it,

i must say i was dissapointed eli and chloe didnt find a bridge of some sort,

so who do we think is gonna die,
    all the military (extremely doubthfull)
    Chloe (could go either way)
    TJ (doubthfull)
    baby (personally i cant see them doing it)
    Greer and Scot (wouldnt mind of scot did, but unfortunatly greers fate is tied to his, and i want greer back)
    Kiva (god i hope so)
    civilians (kill em all, id say, bunch of moaning ******ds)
    LA (im gonna go with a 60-70% death rate, with the remaining being absorbed into the crew)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

All I could think of in the last two minutes was "Run, fat boy, run!"

I enjoyed the ep, but it was a bit draggy in the middle act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

The baby will definitely die. I think it was more a little sub-plot in Season 1 that the writers put in to add to the drama, but never intended it to last past Season 1 as having a baby on board would just complicate plots and missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Anita Blow wrote: »
    The baby will definitely die. I think it was more a little sub-plot in Season 1 that the writers put in to add to the drama, but never intended it to last past Season 1 as having a baby on board would just complicate plots and missions.

I wouldn't be surprised it that happened, this series is a lot darker than others in the Stargate universe (with a small u) / milieu / canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Anita Blow wrote: »
    well it wasnt randomly added specifically for drama reasons, it was added as alaina huffman got pregnant around the time they started filming,

it did work out pretty well though, and it did ad to the drama which was executed pretty damn well i must say, not to much and not to little,

i was expecting a hugh deal like with teyla, now that was a baby story done baaaaadly,

i think the baby dieing would be good, i just cant see the writers doing it,

don ramo wrote: »
    well it wasnt randomly added specifically for drama reasons, it was added as alaina huffman got pregnant around the time they started filming,

it did work out pretty well though, and it did ad to the drama which was executed pretty damn well i must say, not to much and not to little,

i was expecting a hugh deal like with teyla, now that was a baby story done baaaaadly,

i think the baby dieing would be good, i just cant see the writers doing it,

In all the years I have watched TV/films when a pregnant character is shot the baby never survives.Certainly not in a serious drama which this show seems to be.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Overheal wrote: »
    Oh calm down. Because you patiently endured the 4 month hiatus midseason, its only in october. Or else you would have had to wait until February.

No, i didnt. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Sherifu wrote: »
    Holy ****! That was brilliant.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I do hate that Stargate loves it's cliffhangers though :mad:

I want to know how it all works out now.
    Peace wrote: »
    That was quality. I wonder how they're going to save the blondey one and the baby. She's the medic after all!

I think the baby is dead but the doctor will survive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Really enjoyed it cant wait for season 2!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

McKay
    The baby will die - imo, cost reasons...baby actors etc., it'd a dark show and a baby deing is very dark. I too was hoping Chloe and fat boy would discover some new tech, like robot warriors who pummel all the bad guys, or a new main bridge....something!

Chloe, waste of space...adds nothing to the show, let that litlle bed hopper kick the bucket!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Rushed
    The baby will die - imo, cost reasons...baby actors etc., it'd a dark show and a baby deing is very dark. I too was hoping Chloe and fat boy would discover some new tech, like robot warriors who pummel all the bad guys, or a new main bridge....something!

Chloe, waste of space...adds nothing to the show, let that litlle bed hopper kick the bucket!
    I hope Eli rides the hole off her :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Caught up on the last 4 back to back this afternoon. Nice way to spend a lazy Sunday! Excellent finale, and some very well done cliffhangers. Can't wait for October now.
    don ramo wrote: »
    also episode 9 next season is called
    twin destinies,
    should we take that literally
    that they find another destiny,

Nah, doubt it. I expect some sort of
    twisty multi-dimension dealio

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I watched season 1 over the past week. All I can say is, I hope Lt. James is okay...

Stargate+Universe+-+Julia+Benson+-+Vanessa+James+.jpg

I'm sure the casting director was impressed with her acting abilities.

Advertisement