Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jetta / Vento

Options
13»

Comments

'tis only the very very occassional **my fav word** that drives a modded Jetta or Vento so no real cause for concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

tossy wrote: »
    When you put it like that i guess you are right,wow i've never really stopped to take time out to think about it in such terms.Do all these 'shyte' car drivers realise they'll never get woman? surely someone should do the decent thing and tell them no? Personally i haven't got the heart,do you think you'd be up to the job? I think you should do it for the good of Ireland because the way i look at it Ventos and Jettas getting more popular will mean less and less guys will be meeting girls,so therefore there will be less reproduction happening and the next generation of this country is in danger of not happening.Wait maybe it's the perfect solution to our growing unemployment problem.My god you have it! Jetta's and Vento's will cure unemployment!

Tea 1000 for government!!! You'd get my vote!
    Well, I could tell them, but I'd need to organise a meeting somewhere. It'd need to be central, like Athlone. The problem with that is it'd take them too long to get there.
    On 2nd thoughts we don't really need these Vento lovers breeding, therefore I think I'll just leave them be, wallowing in their bad taste! :D
    Remember folks - A Jetta with a PTO shaft does not a Massey make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭mista_2k10

This is the way VeeDubs should be :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Fixed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭shogunpower

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Words that should never appear in the same sentence unless they're joined by "lower" or "-less".
    Jetta's looked shyte in their day, they look absolutely shyte now. Ventos were a step backwards from the Jetta. Anyone who thinks that look is good should get someone else to choose their clothes, cause they ain't getting a woman!

please inform us what car you drive so i can see where your coming from?

• Advertisement

Would the Jetta/Vento lads be into this
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1240192

This one's a beauty, I think I understand what it's all about now !
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1304118
    No clowns allowed ring though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

RoverJames wrote: »

The owner of that jetta needs a brain operation if they think they will get that price for it. Junker of a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

That's me out so, I just got my diploma from Krusty's Clown College :P

mondeo wrote: »
    The owner of that jetta needs a brain operation if they think they will get that price for it. Junker of a thing.

You'd need to be a motoring enthusiast well clued into the mod scene to appreciate it and spot the value ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭notel70

Any more info,as the owner of a highly modified VW i'm very interested.

Started out as a 2006 GTI with a nice options spec(xenons, leather, 18s Detroits, climate, ipod kit, sunroof, mfsw),

Added the following
    Full Miltec exhaust and downpipe
    AMD remap
    Uprated intercooler
    4pot brembo's pagid pads, & srf brake fluid
    k04 turbo and extras
    lowered on Konis
    another set of 18inch detroits due to worm, not covered by warranty because I went to them a few mths after warranty expired even though the worm started after about 1yr:mad:

And to think all of the above was the same price as my VRT quote which I was able to avoid:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

notel70 wrote: »
    Started out as a 2006 GTI with a nice options spec(xenons, leather, 18s Detroits, climate, ipod kit, sunroof, mfsw),

Added the following
    AMD remap
    Uprated intercooler
    k04 turbo and extras
    lowered on Konis
    another set of 18inch detroits due to worm, not covered by warranty because I went to them a few mths after warranty expired even though the worm started after about 1yr:mad:

And to think all of the above was the same price as my VRT quote which I was able to avoid:D

Very nice have you uprated the fuel pump? What intercooler you running?

Have you had it dyno'd?

Added the following
    AMD remap
    Uprated intercooler
    k04 turbo and extras
    lowered on Konis

10000 for that:eek:,,you got ripped off badly

'tis only the very very occassional **my fav word** that drives a modded Jetta or Vento so no real cause for concern.

iv'e never seen a rover modded nicely so it's a good thing they are driven by a small minority, infact I've never seen a nice rover before, then again its only my opinion...........

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Added the following
    AMD remap
    Uprated intercooler
    k04 turbo and extras
    lowered on Konis

Pics? or gtfo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

I had a bog standard mk2 carina liftback a few months back; great strong car, but looked pure sh1t3, sold it to a mate, who sold it to a mate. That guy lowered it, painted it, and stuck on some decent alloys. I saw it parked up at the ss the other day, and it lookd the dogs danglies. I think the Ventos look class modded, and there is a lot worse that young uns could be out doing than cruiseing and showing their motors off.

10000 for that:eek:,,you got ripped off badly

??? perhaps,i figure about 7 or 8k is more reasonable.

Added the following
    Full Miltec exhaust and downpipe 5/600 for exhasust,downpipes are expensive could be 700 lids

AMD remap probably around 400 lids (AMD Premium,personally i wouldn't pay it)

Uprated intercooler Good brand intercoolder could be 1k

4pot brembo's pagid pads, & srf brake fluid 1.3k?

k04 turbo and extras over 1k

lowered on Konis around 1k again

another set of 18inch detroits due to worm, not covered by warranty because I went to them a few mths after warranty expired even though the worm started after about 1yr:mad: Dealer prices could put these at 2k

iv'e never seen a rover modded nicely so it's a good thing they are driven by a small minority, infact I've never seen a nice rover before, then again its only my opinion...........

+1, Rovers are dirt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭notel70

??? perhaps,i figure about 7 or 8k is more reasonable.

Cant remember each price exactly but you arent far off with your estimates.

Didnt help that I got most of the expensive tuning work done in 2007 when the EUR/GBP was at crap fx rates.

Dyno'd at 269bhp, thats a reliable 269bhp after 70k miles:)

Cant remember each price exactly but you arent far off with your estimates.

Didnt help that I got most of the expensive tuning work done in 2007 when the EUR/GBP was at crap fx rates.

Dyno'd at 269bhp, thats a reliable 269bhp after 70k miles:)

Well wear anyway,good to a see a car with money spent in all the right ways.

Advertisement