Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cataclysm beta

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

You can copy over a character, but at the start of the F&F it took mine about 4-6 days to get over. You can also take a premad e80.

I went to the watery place (Naga area) did about 4 or 5 quests, went to Hyjal, did nothing, went to Org, flew around. Thats it so far. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

Columc wrote: »
    Hopfully will have one in the next 1/2 days if my contacts have done what they told me :)

You remind me of a mate I know. He seems to have contacts everywhere, got into a bunch of betas >.>

Oh how I wish I could trade in my access to the Starcraft 2 beta for the cata beta instead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Trade in the SC2 for cata? no wai! With getting one of the first SC2 beta keys when they released them, Have to say I played os much hours of it so far. Fantastic game.

Fair enoug the cata beta will be good, at this moment of time there really isnt much things added in the game, ok you get the see the world but sure thats all fucn for a whole 5 mins of seeing it, and with it looking a bit crap at the moment cause not everything is implemtned you wont get that wow factor, as in what you will get in the live version.

Only a handful of quests have been uped with 2 instances and 2 levels being added in thus far.If I get in the only thing I'll more then likely be testing will be the various diffrent instances, doing them to see loot and understand mechanics at the start, giving in my feed back of various diffrent things i liekd dislike and bugs if I found them from the 80-85 range. Sure I say everyone will be going out and testing new goblins and worgans, but I dont want to ruin that until the real game is launched.

See out the new trolls area, do that quest line, maybe get a premade 80 alliance char and do the CSI - Old Blancy quest line. Overall though the beta is still quite bare, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

So when exactally are the beta invites going to be sent. Will they all be done in one go, or in batches over the course of a few weeks. I know 1 or 2 of you lads who lurk here work for blizz, or used to. GIEF INFO !

Alpha (F&F) is over. It then went to media. I think now they are rolling them out slowly to ppl that signed up,

• Advertisement

Friends and Family beta is now over(roughly 2-4 weeks ago) only people who work in bvlizzard or are friends with blizzard employes pretty much got this beta invite.

2-3 weeks ago Media got their beta invites(mmo champion, wow insider, warcraft radio podcasts etc etc) with the NDA being lifted meaning they can post about news and updates in the beta

2 weeks ago invites started to go out to the general public who have opted into the warcraft universe beta. They go in batches to random people the first batch was last week giving out beta invites. Once all that batch was sent out and people signed up.

the next public batch will be released later on today(Tuesday) or Wednesday evening. You dont need to wait for a beta invite email. To see if you got a beta invite all you have to do is log onto your battle.net account and see under manage games fi you have a beta invite.

That so far is my knoweldge of whats happening with the beta!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

i got a Beta invite two weeks ago you have to copy you chars you what to use to a server like the PTR server and then download the Cat client .

So far ive played the new race on the alliance side and then ill move onto the horde starting area , i mainly playing my druid but still messing around just flying about the new area and having a look .

just logged into my account on battle.net and under manage games are only the games added already. So does that mean i will not be getting a beta invite at any point?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think that means you dont have a beta invite at the moment. You may still get one.

I opted in, but i hope i dont get it. I dont want to see the expansion before its finished. As someone who enjoys the game for eveything except the end game content, i want to be able to experience the new-old world in its completed state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

just logged into my account on battle.net and under manage games are only the games added already. So does that mean i will not be getting a beta invite at any point?

or that you havent got one yet;)

• Advertisement

If you get an Invite you will get a email linked too your battle.net account and then if you log in you see cat beta as part of you games list.

jeawan wrote: »
    If you get an Invite you will get a email linked too your battle.net account and then if you log in you see cat beta as part of you games list.

I've been getting quite good scamming mails of the sort, even blizzard said that some of the new phising emails are quite good, thats why they are telling people not to click anylink on the emails and just type in battle.net yourself, they will give you a step by step on what to do.

I've been getting quite good scamming mails of the sort, even blizzard said that some of the new phising emails are quite good, thats why they are telling people not to click anylink on the emails and just type in battle.net yourself, they will give you a step by step on what to do.

This is true the email account i use has never got those emails before but i'm still don't trust even the real emails so i logged into battle.net to check and there it was

Had the beta in my battle.net account(under Manage games) last night, got the email this morning. Downloaded the client last night(2.2gb) and transfered over my charectors. Had a bit of problem creating/transfering over pre made 80s and my own charectors wtih firefox, but when I used chrome it worked perfectly. Just saying if anyone has any problems just try changing your browser. Cant wait till I get home and play it now

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Had the beta in my battle.net account(under Manage games) last night, got the email this morning. Downloaded the client last night(2.2gb) and transfered over my charectors. Had a bit of problem creating/transfering over pre made 80s and my own charectors wtih firefox, but when I used chrome it worked perfectly. Just saying if anyone has any problems just try changing your browser. Cant wait till I get home and play it now

DAMINT i want that!

Let me know if you have to repeatedly patch it up to the correct level, or if that is the latest download installer. Just curious.

I've a bad feeling i won't be seeing this beta:(

:sadface:

Was thinking of going for one of the new 5mans tonight or tommorow night on the beta, if anyone is interested. Want to check out the new party frames.

I have a druid healer and a rogue over on the beta so would be interested in trying out either DPS or healing. (even without reading tactics just for the laugh :P)

If anyone fancies it, send me a pm here and ill throw you my RealID email so something can be organised. (I know RID isnt in beta yet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Does anyone know if an active WoW subscription is required to be elligible for the beta? My game-time expired a few weeks ago, but all these newfangled yokey-ma-bobs that're cropping up on MMO Champion look awesome, and wouldn't mind being a potential candidate (although, not something I'm gonna spend 30 euro on to have a slim enough chance of entry anyway :P)

Eh, roll on Cataclysm, I want a Hunter! :D

You def need an active account to play. My game time ran out last month, and i couldnt play BETA either.

Probably do need it for eligibility... You can always just log into your battle account periodically to check...

Shougeki wrote: »
    Let me know if you have to repeatedly patch it up to the correct level, or if that is the latest download installer. Just curious.

Downloaded orginal 2.2gb of the client. Tried to play had to download another 1.1gb, didnt get a chance to play last night. When I checked thsi morning only 650mb of the 1.1gb was downloaded so it is going quite slow. hopfully when that downloads/installs thats the last build.

Will keep you updated.

Also you do need an active wow account to be edigable to the Beta, if you dont have one you wont get one :(

I have an inkling that may be the same client i downloaded months ago... If so you are in for quite a bit more updates...... I think there was about 8 or 9 gig of downloads

Shougeki wrote: »
    I have an inkling that may be the same client i downloaded months ago... If so you are in for quite a bit more updates...... I think there was about 8 or 9 gig of downloads

yay. I dont mind so much downloades, just a friggen pain that there in batches of 1/2 and not all just in the same one, makeing you have to restart it after it download.

Cause I can just leave it download when I goto sleep at night, and if I work the next day just keep it running for 20+ hours. But with these 1gb patches, it will download in an hour or 2 and then i need to restart it, making it a pain

They really should put it in ppls battle.net like the game is available.

Advertisement