Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cataclysm beta

Options
  • 10-06-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭

anyone get a key or when does it start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

anyone get a key or when does it start?

When it does start check websites like http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/ or even woweurope.There will be alot of scams as soon as blizzard starts the beta.Also many fake emails going around right now trying to steal your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just walk around icecrown for a while until you get a whisper saying youre eligible for the beta, then follow the link

(dont do this)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

There's a Blue thread with details on how to get onto the beta on the cata section of the wow-europe boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah, i signed up for it, was just wondering if it had started yet or if its still in the friends and family stage atm. no worries, ta :)

yeah, i signed up for it, was just wondering if it had started yet or if its still in the friends and family stage atm. no worries, ta :)

still in ALPHA :)
    F&F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

to sign up to it, all you have to do is update your system performance on battle.net and opt in to the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Columc wrote: »
    to sign up to it, all you have to do is update your system performance on battle.net and opt in to the beta?

pretty much , then its a lottery

Well been lucky so far with blizzards beta opt in, got in frist round of TBC,Wrath and SC2 within the first few hours of them releasing keys. hopfulyl will be the same here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Columc wrote: »
    Well been lucky so far with blizzards beta opt in, got in frist round of TBC,Wrath and SC2 within the first few hours of them releasing keys. hopfulyl will be the same here

whats your system specs

changed since TBC and warth, most recent one is dual core 2.2ghz intel 8mb cahce. 4GB ddr3 SD RAM, Geforce 6800 GS AGP 512mg gfx card.

fro wrath, it was athlon 64bit 2.6 ghz 4mb cahce, 2GB ddr3sd ram, radion9700(cant remember 100%) 256mb gfx card. I think i was running this for TBC beta also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I'm on it now... just thought i'd rub that in there :pac:

You on the F&F? cause blizzard hasnt released any news if they opened it up yet to invites from them and It would be ether on mmo-champion or wow.com if beta invites have been going to the general public ect.

Yes i'm on the F&F :)

I have the most recent F&F client, done some data mining from it, they are coming along quite nicely

Nice! Add Divone and Shylah.. I'm on there somewhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

From Twitter:

"Totalbiscuit: Friday's Blue Plz! will feature live video from the Cataclysm beta."

Looks like the closed beta had a more liberal agreement.

Still didnt know they moved from F&F to Closed, cause the NDA would of been lifted and mmo-champion content would be restored.

My mistake, seems like they annocend that the have lifted the NDA and that cataclysm has gone into clsoed beta, with invites being sent out in the next few days.

Lets cross our fingers and hope we get one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I don't notice much more players on the server so I'm not sure if many invites have gone out yet.

There was a 600MB patch though to take it to closed beta but I don't see what has actually changed and there are no patch notes.

TB has uploaded his first vids of cata - http://bit.ly/aSMp7Z

• Advertisement

WellyJ wrote: »
    I don't notice much more players on the server so I'm not sure if many invites have gone out yet.

There was a 600MB patch though to take it to closed beta but I don't see what has actually changed and there are no patch notes.

Invites should be starting today, roughly 12 hours ago apeprtly no invites have been sent out. They are still under the proccess of configuring the beta invites.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

WellyJ wrote: »
    Whats to say those who receive beta keys wont be directed to a new PTR?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

havent recieved mine yet.
    so im thinking there either not been sent out yet or are being sent out in batches.
    :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Overheal wrote: »
    Whats to say those who receive beta keys wont be directed to a new PTR?

My experience with TBC Beta and Vanilla WOW Beta

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    havent recieved mine yet.
    so im thinking there either not been sent out yet or are being sent out in batches.
    :-p

No normal invites have been sent out yet. Only press ones. :cool:

Right so who got a invite to the beta so i can track you down and hold you hostage for your account?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

How many here have F&f or closed accounts?

Id be interested in checking out some of the content with people. Leveled a gobo to 12 but gave up as it was pretty boring with empty server etc :P

Hopfully will have one in the next 1/2 days if my contacts have done what they told me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

So how does this Beta work? Do you have to start over from scratch. Or like a PTR can you copy over a lvl 80? I really dont fancy grinding from 1-85 just to see the new content. Especially as i read they have disabled addon support in the beta. I simply can not level without Carbonite these days.

Advertisement