Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

So, I've bought...quite a few games :pac:

Age of Empires II, The Binding of Isaac, The Cave, Don't Starve, Fallout 2, Killing Floor, Monaco, Papers Please, Stanley Parable, Super Meat Boy and Thomas was Alone :o

I wonder could we set up a Boards.ie tournament for this if enough people have it? One of the best RTS games ever, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I wonder could we set up a Boards.ie tournament for this if enough people have it? One of the best RTS games ever, I think.

Haven't started it yet but once I learn how to play sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Why must the Steam sale be on now? I'm after buying a rake of stuff (and I'm afraid I may buy more... :o ) and I don't even have a computer to play this stuff on, because I'm waiting on a replacement for my faulty PSU...

Why must you do this to me, Valve? Whyyyyyy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Who actually plays the games from a steam sale, I thought we were just collecting?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Aaaand Next Car Game tips me over the €50 mark...

• Advertisement

Thomas was Alone is an awesome game and a really cool well done story, had about 4 levels yet that I'll get to tomorrow, my 1st game to complete on Steam :)

Also, Team Jump for the brief period they are in it are hilarious!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

To my shame, I've never actually finished TwA. I got to level 10.10 (or maybe 10.9) and never completed it.

It was a really new game at the time so there were no guides available. I remember just rationalising it in my head thinking "Maybe you're never meant to finish it, because symbolism!"

I really should return...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Pretty Princess Simulator for €2.49... to buy, or not to buy? :eek:

*peeks head from behind parapet*

Is it... is it... over?

Game Price
    Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 €2.49
    Democracy 3 €7.81
    Jazzpunk €7.49
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengance €9.99
    Sins of a Dark Age - Early Access €2.49
    Stealth Bastard Deluxe Bundle €2.99
    The Last Express Gold Edition €2.79
    DIRT 3 €4.99
    The Blackwell Bundle (4 Games) €1.89
    Next Car Game €14.39
    LA Noire - Complete Edition €6.79
    Mafia II - Digital Deluxe €9.99
    Mafia II - DLC €3.98
    Assassin's Creed III €4.99
    Assassin's Creed Liberation €9.99
    Assassin's Creed IV - Digital Deluxe €29.99

Selling Trading Cards -€1.51

Total €121.54

:eek::o:(

wnolan1992 wrote: »

...and not a single decent game was purchased this sale

:P

• Advertisement

Age of Empires II: HD Edition
    Alice: Madness Returns
    The Binding of Isaac
    The Cave
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Don't Starve
    Fable - The Lost Chapters
    Fallout 2
    Garry's Mod
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Killing Floor
    Monaco
    Papers, Please
    Rogue Legacy
    The Stanley Parable
    Super Hexagon
    Super Meat Boy
    Terraria
    Thomas Was Alone
    Torchlight II
    Trine 2

Total Cost - 72.41 with an average cost per game of 3.60. Not bad I think!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm suddenly jealous...my eyes can't handle games though.

marko93 wrote: »
    ...and not a single decent game was purchased this sale

:P

Pfft, you've no taste.

For a cheap Godfather and GTA rip off, Mafia II is quite good. :P

Pfft, you've no taste.

For a cheap Godfather and GTA rip off, Mafia II is quite good. :P

I loved Godfather, fantastic game :D

Nah I'm kidding some good stuff in there.

All I got was

Payday 2
    Metal Slug 3
    Space Engineers (Don't know why)
    Planetary Annihilation

marko93 wrote: »
    I loved Godfather, fantastic game :D

Nah I'm kidding some good stuff in there.

All I got was

Payday 2
    Metal Slug 3
    Space Engineers (Don't know why)
    Planetary Annihilation

Oooh Space Engineers looks f*cking amazing.

It's early access (why is every bloody game on Steam early access these days... grumble grumble) but I watched a series on YouTube that makes it look like it has huge promise. I like that you can just decide "Meh, I'm not using this hallway on my ship..." and lay into it with a drill and take all the panels back. :P

Oooh Space Engineers looks f*cking amazing.

It's early access (why is every bloody game on Steam early access these days... grumble grumble) but I watched a series on YouTube that makes it look like it has huge promise. I like that you can just decide "Meh, I'm not using this hallway on my ship..." and lay into it with a drill and take all the panels back. :P

So far, I'm pretty confused about the game. Haven't really enjoyed it, but in saying that only put in an hour

That game looks frickin epic!!

HOTLINE MIAMI IS EPIC

This rant makes me happy.

Early Access is starting to get on my tits lately. Sure it's great that devs get an immediate stream of income as opposed to waiting years for release, but MY GOD there's so bloody many now. Early Access stuff is starting to outnumber full games, and that's really upsetting to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

And that is why I think the internet has partly ruined computer games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I don't know who this'll interest, but The Sims 2 (and all expansion packs) are currently free on Origin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I don't know who this'll interest, but The Sims 2 (and all expansion packs) are currently free on Origin.

Please tell me this hasn't expired.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Please tell me this hasn't expired.....

It's still available until the 31st of July, 6 hours later and I have 25% of it downloaded! :pac:

Slow Show wrote: »
    It's still available until the 31st of July, 6 hours later and I have 25% of it downloaded! :pac:

I redeemed the code yesterday night, like 40% downloaded for me after a day and a half.. Origin's servers are shíte! :p

Took me 30 minutes to download it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

So I got Eircom in today and after a few hours of Nat problems I got it sorted and got Xbox live up and running. Now however the connection drops maybe every five minutes or so and it kicks me off. I then have to sign in again. I never have any bother getting back in but I really don't want to have to deal with this while I'm playing. Any of my more tech savvy c+ h comrades have any advice on how to sort this

So I got Eircom in today and after a few hours of Nat problems I got it sorted and got Xbox live up and running. Now however the connection drops maybe every five minutes or so and it kicks me off. I then have to sign in again. I never have any bother getting back in but I really don't want to have to deal with this while I'm playing. Any of my more tech savvy c+ h comrades have any advice on how to sort this

I had the same problem except it cut off once every 45 minutes.. You can change something in the configuration settings to sort it out if the problem you're having is the same as mine, but tbh I can't remember exactly what to do atm.

You can access the device configuration utility here: http://192.168.1.254/cgi-bin/login.html

Give me ten minutes and I'll probably remember how to fix it.. If not someone else here more than likely will be able to help you, it's a common problem with sh*tty eircom. :p

Here ya go :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67707272&postcount=16

That fixed it for me, but it didn't fix it for my friend.. So it depends on what the issue is really, just give it a go :)

thats not an option being given to me when i access that menu

• Advertisement

Any Xbox live peeps on this?

Advertisement