Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry :)

Options
  • 09-06-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Just out of curiosity...how many poets is everyone studying? I'm only doing 3...please let me know how many you're doing and which ones...:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Im taking a huge gamble!

On Kavanagh and Longley, and a bit of Boland:/

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

3 aswell.
    Boland, Rich, Yeats.

One is bound to come up.

I'm doing about 4 poems on each, learning 2/3 quotes for each poem.
    And maybe reffer to a 5th poem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Keats Rich and Boland... I have Longley as a failsafe, just won't have any quotes for him. How long is the poetry meant to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Doing 4, Boland, kavanagh, Longley & Walcott.

I thought theoretically, I'm covered, since there's 7 poets (I think) on the course and they give you four options. But, seeing so many people doing 5+ poets is making me worried that I am wrong about this....

There's 4 Irish and 2 women... Unless they decide to screw you and go with Elliot yeats keats and rich (which I doubt) you'll be fine...

• Advertisement

There's 8 poets on the course. There's a small chance one of those won;t come up. But it's very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Yeats and Boland. :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

O_o CRAP! I forgot my textbook doesn't do Adrienne Riche! Now I'm stuck. I literally don't have a clue about Keats or Yeats and I didn't do Eliot or Riche -_-.

How long should a poetry question be people?!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 shocxxxxxx

I don't feel too bad so...i though i was the only one in my whole year that was only doing 3...still though it's unfortunate to say that there will be some people across the country who will read the paper and realise they're screwed...i just hop im not one of them...say if poets are selected randomly by a computer (whoich they're not...they're selected by people with brains thank god!) there's a 1 in 14 chance thet you''ll be screwed if you only study 3...scary but there is worse odds i guess....

• Advertisement

The poetry q should take 50 mins and be about 3 to 4 pages with normal size writing...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

shocxxxxxx wrote: »
    there's a 1 in 14 chance thet you''ll be screwed if you only study 3...scary but there is worse odds i guess....

Were lucky it's not 1 in 15:pac:

I generally do about 3 pages...deal with 4 poems..maybe 5.
    It won't get me an A, but I'll take 35/50 or so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

3 Boland, Kavanagh, Longley.

I will RUSH through Yeats n' Elliot just in case but I'm seriously hoping Eavan Boland is up :)

I just looked at all the different forums...usually you would see "1 viewing" or "5 viewing"...the leaving cert forum has 308 viewing! Wouldnt ya think we'd all be in a corner somewhere studyin! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Hoping for Yeats as he's my favourite poet on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I know Yeats, Eliot, Boland and Kavanagh fairly well and I have a rough understanding of Rich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 curlypops

Boland, Yeats or Kavanagh..

please let Boland come up though!
    i know her best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

boland and yeats :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

curlypops wrote: »
    please let Boland come up though!
    i know her best :D

Amen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

I'm hoping that the following will come up:
    • Boland.
    • Longley.
    • Kavanagh.
    I might just have a quick read through my Rich answer, just to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

Yeats and Longley. One of them is bound to come up. It's 50 marks, people over-commit to the poetry way too much.

Yeats and Longley. One of them is bound to come up. It's 50 marks, people over-commit to the poetry way too much.

Definatly! Its only worths 12.5% !

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MagsK93

Boland Kavanagh and Riche, i normally do 5 poems if i have the time...hoping i will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

JoeyBuddy wrote: »
    3 aswell.
    Boland, Rich, Yeats.

One is bound to come up.

I'm doing about 4 poems on each, learning 2/3 quotes for each poem.
    And maybe reffer to a 5th poem.
    Exactly this, except Boland Kavanagh and Longley!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I am only doing Kavanagh.

So I am doing only one poet. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Mau5

Know Yeats the best, then Boland or Rich followed by Kavanagh probably, Will probably only look at Yeats and Boland though tonight to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

In this Order
    Boland
    Rich
    Yeats
    Kavanagh

I'm worried about those who said they are doing 2 poets. Don't take that risk guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

In this Order
    Boland
    Rich
    Yeats
    Kavanagh

I'm worried about those who said they are doing 2 poets. Don't take that risk guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing one.

I am confident both Yeats and Boland will come up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

^ Same. Although Boland has been tipped all year, and I know her the best I'm still rather worried. It's hard not to be, I guess!

Advertisement