Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Book of souls live chapter on Spotify now

They bloody took the full video down off there YouTube channel

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭yknaa

PTH2009 wrote: »

Just picked up a copy in vinyl.
    Imagine Maiden will offer a HD download of the video to purchase before long. In the meantime I'm sure it will reappear in some form on the web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

PTH2009 wrote: »

The individual videos for each song are still on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCfCU1Ok5NVvWZgWCJuBWUwOlx_sLRESM

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Have my ticket sourced, woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Two standing ticketless tickets got (or not)....er, this ticketless thing is very confusing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

yknaa wrote: »
    Just picked up a copy in vinyl.
    Imagine Maiden will offer a HD download of the video to purchase before long. In the meantime I'm sure it will reappear in some form on the web.

They said it would be available to buy as a download after the intial stream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Bruce will be appearing on one of alumni episodes of BBC's 'University Challenge', airing on new year's day (BBC 2).

And for anyone interested the audiobook of his autobiography is floating around on youtube (I won't post a link for fear of copyright issues but it's easy to find).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deathdancing88

peter1892 wrote: »
    Bruce will be appearing on one of alumni episodes of BBC's 'University Challenge', airing on new year's day (BBC 2).

And for anyone interested the audiobook of his autobiography is floating around on youtube (I won't post a link for fear of copyright issues but it's easy to find).

I wonder University Challenge will be intense for celebrity edition! Gone are the "Delilah" years :D

Got and read Bruce's book over Christmas and was kind of disappointed with it. I knew beforehand he didn't go into personal stuff but I was still a bit surprised he didn't discuss his relationships with other members of the band as that's what we want to read about. There's nothing about Maiden in it that we didn't know already (how many times are we going to hear about the car repairs during the recording of TNOTB that cost £666?). Him rejoining was summed up in about a paragraph and Adrian coming back with him was one sentence I think.

Maybe if you're into his fencing exploits or are into flying planes, this might interest you but if you're looking for a new insight into the band, you'd be best avoiding this.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Got and read Bruce's book over Christmas and was kind of disappointed with it. I knew beforehand he didn't go into personal stuff but I was still a bit surprised he didn't discuss his relationships with other members of the band as that's what we want to read about. There's nothing about Maiden in it that we didn't know already (how many times are we going to hear about the car repairs during the recording of TNOTB that cost £666?). Him rejoining was summed up in about a paragraph and Adrian coming back with him was one sentence I think.

Maybe if you're into his fencing exploits or are into flying planes, this might interest you but if you're looking for a new insight into the band, you'd be best avoiding this.
    I agree, the book felt very censored by himself but sure it was his book so that's his perogative I guess. At the very end he mentioned having lots of entertaining anecdotes he could have included but didn't. I thought, with the the way he writes, a book of his funny stories from the road would be a good read.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It is a good book but unlike many other biographies that I've read, it fails to reveal anything personal apart from the cancer diagnosis and treatment.
    Maybe he should have put the bit at the end about not getting too personal towards the start to remove any expectations early on: I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

kbannon wrote: »
    It is a good book but unlike many other biographies that I've read, it fails to reveal anything personal apart from the cancer diagnosis and treatment.
    Maybe he should have put the bit at the end about not getting too personal towards the start to remove any expectations early on: I don't know.

Spot on! These were my thoughts exactly. I was expecting more of an insight into band dynamics and while there are a few bits and pieces, there is no real meat on those bones...

Also the bit about his decision to leave Maiden and go solo is anticlimactic. There is some veiled criticism of how Maiden were in danger of losing touch and just churning out more of the same as being part of his reason for leaving but nothing about how the rest of the band took his decision, personal fallout etc.

Then again, he's done so much with his life that it can't have been easy to cram it all into this almost 400 page book.

My verdict is that it's a fascinating book overall and well worth the read but not too expect that you will come away thinking you now understand more about Maiden, or even more about the inner workings of Bruce Dickinson's mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I think the debut, Number Of The Beast and Fear Of The Dark are the best albums. I love the song Judas My Guide. Having said that, I'm not really a fan anymore. I have Maiden albums for sale for cheap. If anyone wants them, Pm.

Looks like Hallowed Be Thy Name could be back on the set list this year.

http://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-settles-hallowed-be-thy-name-lawsuit/

Nomad is the bigger offender here in my opinion, blatant rip off whereas I think they were clutching at straws with the HBTN connection. Although, more royalties for that one so I can see why they went after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

With the tour about to kick off soon I wonder what the setlist will look like? Wonder what gems will be included

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    With the tour about to kick off soon I wonder what the setlist will look like? Wonder what gems will be included

I'm waiting to see what it is to see if I'll get tickets for the Milan show. Paschendale is the one I'm really looking out for, play that and it'll be hard to resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

They hinted at the Clansman on social media would be disappointing if it was a red herring. Paschendale would be sweet, Be Quick or be Dead be the job too.

Mushy wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see what it is to see if I'll get tickets for the Milan show. Paschendale is the one I'm really looking out for, play that and it'll be hard to resist.

Seen them in the pointended on the dance of death tour. Paschendale was absolutely epic. Just imagine that and empire of the clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

They hinted at the Clansman on social media would be disappointing if it was a red herring. Paschendale would be sweet, Be Quick or be Dead be the job too.
    Used to DJ in a metal bar in Cork and used to throw on The Clansmen from Rock in Rio or Phantom of the Opera so I could go out for a smoke :D

Bassfish wrote: »
    Used to DJ in a metal bar in Cork and used to throw on The Clansmen from Rock in Rio or Phantom of the Opera so I could go out for a smoke :D

Proper order! (For you and the public ::D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Tour starts in 3 days.

Please use the spoiler tags if discussing the set list.

Set list from first night of the tour looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No surprises considering the game tbh. Makes you think how long they plan these in advance. Great set though (stay away from the game if you don't want to know the setlist)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Was not able to make the London show when the tickets first went on sale, but that changed and luckily after a few weeks of keeping checking the AXS site got standing tickets there for the Saturday, some still up if anyone was in a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Set list from first night of the tour looks amazing

I think it will please most fans - a couple of interesting surprises in there (I'm not familiar with the game so maybe they're not a surprise at all!).

I saw a few youtube videos, stage production is great again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Hey all. anyone here heading to Belfast? Trying to find the stage times for all the bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭peter4918

Yeah, I’m heading up. Don’t know the stage times of each band but I did get an email awhile back advising that the doors opening time was changed to 6pm. So maybe that means it’s kicking off a bit earlier but I’d say Maiden won’t be on until around the usual 8.45pm

Heading to the show in Krakow Friday night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Steve's "pretty damn sure" Maiden will make another album.
    We’ve got this cycle going on. I’m pretty damn sure we will do another album, and then all well and good, we’ll go out on tour to back that up.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/iron-maidens-steve-harris-metal-needs-to-push-boundaries

Advertisement