Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Blazer wrote: »
    working fine for me.

Yes, I think it's just blocked locally (I'm still in Brazil).

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭peter4918

Maiden over looked again for the rock and roll hall of fame.I know the band say it means nothing to them but they should have been inducted years ago. Its strange they were ever even nominated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

peter4918 wrote: »
    Its strange they were ever even nominated.

Not really strange, thing is a farce.

As much as I love NIN makes little sense them being on the same ballot as Depeche Mode who should be in already.

First ever time for Thin Lizzy to be even nominated is also baffling.

Soundgarden such a great band but I think it's fair to say only stand a chance due to the demise of the iconic front man sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Alex Lifeson sums up my feelings on the RnR Hall Of Fame with his acceptance speech ....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not really strange, thing is a farce.

As much as I love NIN makes little sense them being on the same ballot as Depeche Mode who should be in already.

First ever time for Thin Lizzy to be even nominated is also baffling.

Soundgarden such a great band but I think it's fair to say only stand a chance due to the demise of the iconic front man sadly.

Slightly deviating, but Priest should be in already (this is their 2nd nomination if i recall correctly) along with Motorhead (who may only, sadly get the nod due to Lemmy's passing 4 years ago.)

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Slightly deviating, but Priest should be in already (this is their 2nd nomination if i recall correctly) along with Motorhead (who may only, sadly get the nod due to Lemmy's passing 4 years ago.)
    Not deviating at all, Priest and Lizzy are 2 of my favourite bands and due to the time elapsed and impact since forming are the most deserving on the list didn't mention Priest as I'd already gripped somewhere on here the time they were nominated first which was only a year or two ago :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Bruce’s comments on the HoF probably haven’t done them any favours in getting nominated

https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-11-16-bruce-dickinson-says-the-hall-of-fame-is-killing-rock/

But if the band don’t care about getting in, why should the fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Not deviating at all, Priest and Lizzy are 2 of my favourite bands and due to the time elapsed and impact since forming are the most deserving on the list didn't mention Priest as I'd already gripped somewhere on here the time they were nominated first which was only a year or two ago :D

Whitney Houston is nominated in there somewhere. And Notorious. Wouldn’t lose sleep over maidens exclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The whole Hall of Fame is a complete scam anyway.
    Half the artists on it don't even deserve it.
    And for decades it's been run by white old men who decide who gets in so obviously you have the whole racist overtones then as well.
    The whole thing is just to give record producers more power.
    When you consider the artists who aren't on it ie Def Leppard, Motley Crue and Ronnie James Dio..
    Ronnie James Dio....I mean right there that's a complete joke.
    And then you have Iron Maiden...who are and have been the biggest Metal band ever in HM history and still don't get nominated.

Def Leppard got in last year but yeah.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    The whole Hall of Fame is a complete scam anyway.
    Half the artists on it don't even deserve it.

And for decades it's been run by white old men who decide who gets in so obviously you have the whole racist overtones then as well.
    The whole thing is just to give record producers more power.
    When you consider the artists who aren't on it ie Def Leppard, Motley Crue and Ronnie James Dio..
    Ronnie James Dio....I mean right there that's a complete joke.
    And then you have Iron Maiden...who are and have been the biggest Metal band ever in HM history and still don't get nominated.

I mean it's right there in the name, ROCK N' ROLL HALL OF FAME, yet somehow Whitney Houston & The Notorious B.I.G are worthy of nomination, no offence to both great musicians when they were alive, but how exactly do they warrant inclusion into a Hall tied to a genre with which they had no involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,111 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Announcing rest European tour today, seem to be doing 1 by 1, but will probably be a chunk later in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Looks like all of the European shows have been confirmed:
    https://ironmaiden.com/tours/legacy-of-the-beast-tour-2020-2020

I can think of worse ways to spend a saturday night in Barcelona ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

peter1892 wrote: »
    Looks like all of the European shows have been confirmed:
    https://ironmaiden.com/tours/legacy-of-the-beast-tour-2020-2020

I can think of worse ways to spend a saturday night in Barcelona ;)

Have hotel booked for the Saturday night,not 100% yet though

Support bands for the European Tour..

Airbourne, Alter Bridge, Avatar, Disturbed, Lord of the Lost, Within Temptation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Think I might go to the Manila show.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Support bands for the European Tour..

Airbourne, Alter Bridge, Avatar, Disturbed, Lord of the Lost, Within Temptation

No relatives in any of those bands I don't think?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

Anyone know what website tickets for Germany are going to be sold thru? Not listed on Ticketmaster.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,111 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

xtradel wrote: »
    Anyone know what website tickets for Germany are going to be sold thru? Not listed on Ticketmaster.de.

Assume tickets.de, that's where pearl jam were on sale for same venue

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

Mushy wrote: »
    Assume tickets.de, that's where pearl jam were on sale for same venue

Actually figured it out. Its eventim.de if anyone's heading to Germany. Tempted by Bremen myself.

• Advertisement

Got Paris and Barcelona tickets but dream trip would be to go to Japan to see them,will have to wait till new year to see if i can manage to scrape money together for that one.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Is there more to be added....wanna see WT preferably in a European city i haven't been too?:P

Grid. wrote: »
    Is there more to be added....wanna see WT preferably in a European city i haven't been too?:P

No more cities to be added but maybe would get extra dates alright.

Grid. wrote: »

That's the lot.

WT are touring European cities in April co-headlining with Evanescence.

Anyone going to an evening with Bruce on the 13th December?

Anyone going to an evening with Bruce on the 13th December?

Yeah,looking forward to it now,won't be long coming around.

psychozeb wrote: »
    Yeah,looking forward to it now,won't be long coming around.

Looking forward to it, bringing my copy of what does this button do to hopefully get a chance to meet and get it signed!

Looking forward to it, bringing my copy of what does this button do to hopefully get a chance to meet and get it signed!

I'd say very little chance going by reports of others events

So how did last night go (to anyone that was there)?

• Advertisement

So how did last night go (to anyone that was there)?

I though it was a great night. Really enjoyed it. It was on for over 2.5 hours. To be fair he was excellent as a one man show. Full of energy and some funny stories with a few Nicko impressions thrown in. Q&As in the second half was enjoyable. There was a bit of heckling mainly after the interval but it didn’t bother him and never responded to it.

Advertisement