Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2010: English Paper 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

M&S* wrote: »
    Wanna bet? :P

You never know like in last years business paper 16 marks were given for drawing!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

maybe internet might come up for media studies or functional writing. if it does im well sorted ;)

You never know like in last years business paper 16 marks were given for drawing!

=O what question?Paper 1 or two? im hoping for a miracle like that this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    =O what question?Paper 1 or two? im hoping for a miracle like that this year.

Paper 2 - Marketing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

maybe internet might come up for media studies or functional writing. if it does im well sorted ;)
    35/40 for media studies since the mocks because I got Internet. Here's hoping :D

• Advertisement

ooh nice i be bringing in my colours with me =]
    sorry for going off topic =/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

99% of the marks in a tech graph exam are given for drawing yet I'm still screwed!

Colm! wrote: »
    35/40 for media studies since the mocks because I got Internet. Here's hoping :D

hehe im gonna post my reply in paper 1 section ive gone off topic too much on this thread

em anyone have any ideas for the poetry section like Question on theme or its topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Kyromancer

How long should your answer be? As long as it takes you to answer the question fully, and get all your points across. Remember, quality over quantity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 meagher43

.SONIC. wrote: »
    im brickin it for english paper 2!!!

studied poems, fiction and drama are byfar the worst!!!!

im sorted for poems though, did anyone study dulce et decorum est, it works for practically any question :):)

can i please have a prepared anwser for poems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

DKZ wrote: »
    I think a question on themes will come up for drama as it hasn't come up for 8 years

Well in 2007 for the studied drama it asked what's the "main idea and/or message" which is KIND of the theme...
    :pac: Okay maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that it won't come up. The only theme I can write about for the Merchant of Venice is "conflict" and I don't know if it's broad enough ._.

Good luck to everyone though ;) I couldn't sleep last night so I'll be taking those allergy meds to get me out tonight!

Blue_Seas wrote: »
    Well in 2007 for the studied drama it asked what's the "main idea and/or message" which is KIND of the theme...
    :pac: Okay maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that it won't come up. The only theme I can write about for the Merchant of Venice is "conflict" and I don't know if it's broad enough ._.

Good luck to everyone though ;) I couldn't sleep last night so I'll be taking those allergy meds to get me out tonight!

Revenge & discrimination are also themes you could write about. To be honest, with the theme of conflict you could write loads:

1. Why Antonio & Shylock hate each other
    2. How they became involved in conflict
    3. The court-room scene
    4. The ending
    5. Summary & conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

DKZ wrote: »
    Revenge & discrimination are also themes you could write about. To be honest, with the theme of conflict you could write loads:

1. Why Antonio & Shylock hate each other
    2. How they became involved in conflict
    3. The court-room scene
    4. The ending
    5. Summary & conclusion

I have all that except 4. Let's just hope I can remember it on the day!

I have an insanely strict English teacher but by God we're prepared for this exam. I can bend any answer to my will now and every time I end up writing about Antonio and Shylock and the court-room scene :D 94% in the mocks and I'll be teased relentlessly if I don't get close to it or higher ._.
    No pressure or anything :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Winnel

Anyone have any idea on the order that's best to do the paper like studied first ? What are ye all doing? I was wondering which unseen drama is better to answer the Shakespeare or the modern?

Winnel wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea on the order that's best to do the paper like studied first ? What are ye all doing? I was wondering which unseen drama is better to answer the Shakespeare or the modern?

There is no set order in which you should do the questions. I'd recommend starting with the questions you're most confident with, and working your way through them like that. When you're feeling confident, you'll remember more.

Edit: Actually, I think you should attempt all the studied sections first, as you should have them fresh in your mind, and you might forget bits if you leave it until last.

But, what do I know? I'm only in second year. I'm just guessing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Winnel wrote: »
    Im answering all the studied first then unseen fiction then Shakespear unseen and poetry last because I HATE POETRY:pac:

Do you think I will be ok with what i know?
    Novel: Character, Relationship, Why I like it
    Play: Character, Relationship, Important scene
    Poem: 2 with similar theme, Poet I like

decisions wrote: »
    Do you think I will be ok with what i know?
    Novel: Character, Relationship, Why I like it

I think you should prepare a thematic question for your novel as well, just as backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Kyromancer wrote: »
    I think you should prepare a thematic question for your novel as well, just as backup.

Theme q came up last year doubt it's likely to come up again, maybe it will?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Does anyone have any predictions for paper 2 the studied parts especially poetry?
    I really hope a poem you like comes up, Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening is the only one I know really well, and then techniques.
    I have:
    Dulce et Decorum Est but it's only really technique. We never studied it in school
    Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening. Would lvoe if this came up.
    The Lake Isle of Innisfree - trying to learn it now but really amn't confident with it.
    But You Didn't - didn't do it in school but have notes on it. It's a war poem, should I bother learning it?

Looking through the poems I should know, I only know 1... :eek:
    Would you say I'd be alright with knowing these? Does anyone have any idea what might come up in poetry?

Thanks a million if anyone replies! Good luck to everyone btw.

• Advertisement

My predictions For paper 2

Poetry - Language used in the poem/the topic
    Fiction - Theme/Strongest relationship
    Drama - Strongest character/ A character who has hatred of another charater

God I hope your drama questions don't come up haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I'd love it if Tommyrawr's questions came up! I'd be ecstatic!

Id be ok for Drama and Fiction :D
    but f**ked for poetry :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

decisions wrote: »
    Id be ok for Drama and Fiction :D
    but f**ked for poetry :pac:

This!

DylanS09 wrote: »
    This!
    omg your from tipperary/limerick too!
    well im frm tipp town! xD im in the abbey =P

My predictions For paper 2

Poetry - Language used in the poem/the topic
    Fiction - Theme/Strongest relationship
    Drama - Strongest character/ A character who has hatred of another charater

What are you basing these predictions on? They'd be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Zoticon

for fiction and drama - character question and relationship defo gonna come up
    for poetry - theme and language questions

Could anyone who did the Merchant of Venice explain to me "how the drama was created" by Shakespeare? I've just seen this question and don't know how to answer it. Thanks.

• Advertisement

I agree with his fiction/poetry predictions :D

Advertisement