Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭AP_MAN

owe HRN 2$ pre-market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

yep, up another 8% today.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

It's awful lonely here in the RRL corner.

ha ha ha... no clue... investors hate RRL at the minute

ASX - RRS.AX + 2.70% and RMP.AX -2.34%

AIM - RRL + 2% and RMP + 5.5%
    Soulja boy wrote: »
    It's awful lonely here in the RRL corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Dont be fretting, RRL will have its day in the sun..... with or without Puntland, although it will come quicker if Puntland is a strike.

Nice to see Horn inching up day after day, a really positive sign!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

some one posted on iii, not sure this is a legitimate info..

http://intelligencebriefs.com/?p=2092

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Id say that website is pure bull, I dont believe a word of it anyway.

Interesting email from Peter Landau this morning on RUM, although all these emails could be bull aswell I suppose, might as well be the way his timelines slip:
    I have asked PL for some words to settle investors nerves, please see response below.

"Daniel – don’t know how you can question it unless you are looking for a short term fix from a share investment perspective – understand people want releases every week – if anything materially negative was happening we would have to announce (and nothing is) – sentiment will always swing – currently negative because we haven’t put release out (ot by choice) :
    - Puntland – updates to date all positive – horn is operator , offshore – potential for jv partners to come
    - Trinidad – petrotrin control our releases so understand frustration – our target of min 1500 bopd from 21 wells is on track (and we are in front) – will have 6 rigs operating by mid year , Herrera volumetrics still to come
    - Colombia – full release of block info in the next 2 weeks
    - Texas – continues to deliver – targeted cash from sale q3
    - Georgia – significant ops update coming in the next 2 weeks

Thanks p"
    Another couple of weeks of twiddling our thumbs ahead of us yet it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Thargor wrote: »
    Id say that website is pure bull, I dont believe a word of it anyway.

Interesting email from Peter Landau this morning on RUM, although all these emails could be bull aswell I suppose, might as well be the way his timelines slip:
    Another couple of weeks of twiddling our thumbs ahead of us yet it seems.

Does it unsettle anyone else the the CEO spends some of his time answering emails to investors and responding to queries on message boards?

Personally I'd like to think he's doing more important work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Yes, I always found that very odd! I know very little about RRL, RMP etc, but always wondered about the CEO communicating to the public like this...

HRN down 13% today.. Is some thing to worry or just a general negative impact of markets all over !!!

• Advertisement

Everything still sounding good here (apart from the actual SP), Landau and whatshisname flying out to Puntland this weekend, lol at JR throwing a hissy fit on RUM because someone besides him was getting praise. Could we have an announcement at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

I'd imagine any announcement will come from HRN first on a weekday. I still don't expect any major announcement yet bar a depth update. This whole PL and AE could be anything - good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Man From Delmonte

Opinion seems divided on whether its positive or not, I think we're in for a red day tomorrow...

Haven't reached the primary or secondary targets, working petroleum system in place, 20m possible payzone already, opinion seems to be okay now just more waiting.

Happy with the update, people getting hung up on the word 'unsuccessful' being in there. Not a big deal as of yet (thanks to KevY for screencast)

http://screencast.com/t/4sSsgRanbU

Heading into primary reservoir now which if analogous with Yemen is what matters, the 20m section is just a possible lifeline if the main targets come up dry.

Got any TA for us plz Neil? Im guessing thats the end of the uptrend today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Got any TA for us plz Neil? Im guessing thats the end of the uptrend today?

Hey Thargor,

Chart is sort of limbo at the minute but as i said before charts this close to news should be discarded, i probably would have sold out last week if trading it. But on face value it's definitely not in a downtrend, but the uptrend is definitely on thin ice.

http://www.screencast.com/t/PuHDzBun

At the minute we've got the main channel with an outer upper and lower boundary (currently resting on the latter). This also currently corresponds with the 50% retracement of Dec low to Mar high. This retracement is the point where the price bounced end of Jan after high (although it corresponded with the H&S neckline which i'd assign more weight to for the bounce). Techs inconclusive.

Given the speed that the price has traveled from the upper boundary to the lower i would say there is more scope for a bounce then drop. If prices close below 11.25 target would be 10.25. Upper targets are as before - 14, 16.5 and then a lot resistance between 18.25 and 19.

Again, all of the above can be completely dismissed as we're so close to Shabeel TD!

Great T&T RNS, things finally look like they're picking up pace

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yobr

Down another 6% as I speak..anyone any thoughts as to what is going on....has news leaked out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Market jitters,
    Most oil stocks are vastly undervalued Range being one.
    I took a healthy profit on this many months ago,I was unsure whether to jump at the time but I have learnt many a lesson by being burned and waiting for the big score so I was happy with the gain.
    I do believe its a good price to get in but all funds tied up in a couple of interesting punts.
    Best of luck to all holders here,don`t let the money makers get your shares on the cheap and I believe it will break 20p by years end.

That Sell button will be looking very tempting at 20p...

will continue holding though, no sign of bad news from HRN and AOI at least.

Nothing to worry about yet as far as i'm concerned, no one knows anything yet the drill isn't even through the primary and there's still circa 2 weeks of drilling and another 2 weeks of testing before there's conclusive results. Its just a case of people getting nervous as we approach td, traders having a field day with RRL and RMP - i wouldn't be surprised to see further falls tomorrow but it's not a reflection on the drill IMO, AOI and HRN will be a better barometer to judge the drill with less games been played on the TSX than on AIM.

AOI going strong, i know they have the Kenya drill ongoing but IF punty wasn't going well they'd no doubt get hit too.

HRNs drop has been relatively small in comparison to RRLs/RMPs and also been on minimal volume i.e. lack of buyers as apposed to eager sellers.

well spotted neil... RNS today confirms this,, holding tight..
    neil.p.b wrote: »
    Nothing to worry about yet as far as i'm concerned, no one knows anything yet the drill isn't even through the primary and there's still circa 2 weeks of drilling and another 2 weeks of testing before there's conclusive results. Its just a case of people getting nervous as we approach td, traders having a field day with RRL and RMP - i wouldn't be surprised to see further falls tomorrow but it's not a reflection on the drill IMO, AOI and HRN will be a better barometer to judge the drill with less games been played on the TSX than on AIM.

AOI going strong, i know they have the Kenya drill ongoing but IF punty wasn't going well they'd no doubt get hit too.

HRNs drop has been relatively small in comparison to RRLs/RMPs and also been on minimal volume i.e. lack of buyers as apposed to eager sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xertpo

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Not a whole lot in the RNS that we didnt expect but it should at the very least settle all of them panicking sellers!!!! Hopefully if gives us a strong floor to build back up to early teens pre news.

All of the morning action has been over on the Falkland oilies, anyone else invested in BOR/FOGL. Aparently there was a crew change yesterday on the rig and this morning the sp on borders went bonkers.... pump and dump or news leaking??? BOR doesnt usually get tossed around the place so its certainly interesting.

HRN down 17% there at the end, bad news leaking do you think?

That was really a serious decline which never saw recently for HRN , is bad news coming tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

It's so hard to predict with these two,it makes you think sometimes when you get a half decent rise to just cut and run.
    I reckon it will bounce back again but I don't even bother checking the other forums as there is too much negative sentiment spouting round and folks with agendas that your nearly safer to not check them and if you believe in the fundamentals of the share and do your research then you will know Range definitely has potential and Hrn also.

• Advertisement

If the depth updates from all parties concerned are truthful then we're only into the primary now so i don't see how could there be bad news yet. Also, volume isn't huge and if you look at the trades going through the majority are all small enough; 500-10000 size, which would seem like PI holdings rather than larger 'informed' investors. It's obviously concerning though and certainly thought provoking when you're seeing down day after down day and prices down almost 50% from only two weeks ago. It's not ideal and certainly not encouraging but for me i am choosing to believe that the updates from the company are accurate and from that there can be no bad news as of yet.

Advertisement