Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tGC Summer Outing - Friday 25th June - D2 Harcourt St

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Dunno if I will be able to attend,Fridays are a bit of a nightmare for me.:/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'll place myself as a "maybe" for now, I'll confirm closer to the date :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

No
    Yes from me,

If anybody feels like making a weekend out of it the AH beers will be on the next day and you're all more than welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Maybe from me leaning towards a Yes. I'll know better closer to the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ah ok TGC beers are the night before the Pride parade and the AH beers are the night of the Pride parade.

I would like to pop along if the Gentlemen don't mind, there are a few of ye I haven't meet yet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

No
    you would be more than welcome Thaed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

I'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

AH beers the next night.. This could be expensive/messy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Since I had a thoroughly lovely time drinking brandy and smoking cigars at the last tGC beers, I will endeavour to attend!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

/Removes bowler-hat and monocle

Can I goes? :)

• Advertisement

No
    More the merrier. Bring toast for the nightlink though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

who wants to grab some food before hand ? :D

No
    are you cooking Snow?

Dr Galen wrote: »
    are you cooking Snow?

I would but I dont live in town i'd invite you all over for beers and Lamb kofta cababs :D:cool:

Wont make it unfortunatly.Stupid work.
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I have to admit I'm feeling the urge to show up and stroke the chin beard that I don't have, smoke cigars and generally put the world to rights over brandy and brethren from TGC.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Not sure I'll make it. A good friend of mine is planning to have her birthday party that night. I'm petitioning her to change it though...

PBF044ADMovingBirthdaypart.jpg

No
    So far we have 9 yes replies. We all know that of that 9, maybe half will actually make it. Meanwhile, we have a shed load of maybes.

Would it be an idea to re-schedule the beers for a time when we can get a few more bodies to join us?

With the exception of the first weekend in July Im free every Saturday night for the foreseeable future.Fridays are a fecker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So far we have 9 yes replies. We all know that of that 9, maybe half will actually make it. Meanwhile, we have a shed load of maybes.

Would it be an idea to re-schedule the beers for a time when we can get a few more bodies to join us?

I wouldn't mind if it was rescheduled. Probably cant make the 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

No
    I am going to have to withdraw my yes, wont be able to make this now. Im also out if theres a reschedule for July because I wont be here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

The way I see it -

you have two options.

Option 1 - leave it as is, and 4 people and me, pitch up, drink beer, chat and have a pleasant evening. Then we can schedule another beers night for sometime in August.

Option 2 - re-schedule, and re-schedule, and re-schedule, and this time next year we will still be talking about the best date to suit everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

No
    Good point PC, why not give it a mention over in BGRH (I generally don't go there so sorry if you already have) and get some of them along.

I'm not sure whats happenign at the mo, as i gotta go to a party on saturday night and the after hours night is on...
    I think im going to havce to pop in for a pint :D and then make a legger...when i say a legger i mean about 2.30 mins later...

I might not even have to wear a shirt... :ccol:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Maybe
    Attending a work colleagues going away party, have to give this a miss. Enjoy it though :)

Is it Friday yet?

I have €50 in my wallet.
    Now all I need to do is hold onto it till Friday, and I will be able to afford a few beers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Maybe
    Sorry to vote so late. I've been in srsly serious negitations but I am outvoted (out classed and outmanouuvered). Though I will be enjoying a few tipples and more then a few rather fine cigars it will not be with the Gents of the Club.
    My appologies.
    I'm sure you will have a fine time. I recommend a gin martini with a twist of lemon to start off the night. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

No
    so whats the story with tomorrow, namely time & how to find you all??

Gillo wrote: »
    so whats the story with tomorrow, namely time & how to find you all??

Just about to ask what time are we meeting.

I would say about 8ish.

I would say something like

- I will be the tall dark handsome one
    - I will be the one with the cigar
    - I will be the one with the wierd hat

But, I will be the one with the pint in my hand.

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

No
    See you all later on about half 8.
    I'll be the dude with the handle bar moustache.

Advertisement