Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tGC Summer Outing - Friday 25th June - D2 Harcourt St

Options
  • 06-06-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

Time for another beers I think lads, and this time we'll be looking for more from you. More faces at the thing, more beer to be drunk, and more of your female boardsie mates to be dragged along (Fajitas is in the lead on this one....)

Suggestions for dates and venues below please gents

Cheers

DrG

Will you be attending? 12 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    58%
    UnknownBottle_of_SmokeGilloDr GalenThe Masterbanshee_bonesSugar Free 7 votes
    Maybe
    41%
    UnknownWillOldGoatblackaliciousdoodd 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

No
    1st week of July - 2nd/3rd? It won't clash with AH beers that way in case that might take a few potential beer-ers away from this one.

As for a venue, I'm fairly easy as long as there's a decent smoking/outside area or failing that, a place that isn't so loud inside you have to scream into each others ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Noooo!!!!!!!! not the 1st week in July, i'm going to my first ever stag doo then!
    How about mid-July? I'm curently on 'dont drink much' medication :(

As for location, I'd be in agreement with MediumWell re: music level needing to be fairly low. A good outdoorsy area would be good too. Don't smoke myself but generally like open air drinking spots if teh weather is half way decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

No
    can i just remind you two that its the start of June now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Date wise Im pretty open,ideally a Saturday night though.From reports of the last one the Snail Bar could be a good option.

Dr Galen wrote: »
    can i just remind you two that its the start of June now......

Ah yes, I do sometimes forget that many people have schedules to adhere to and can't drop things at the drop of a hat to go drink beer... :o

• Advertisement

No
    nedtheshed wrote: »
    Date wise Im pretty open,ideally a Saturday night though.From reports of the last one the Snail Bar could be a good option.

Was a good spot alright, nice open area out back for the smokers, which, for the non-smokers didn't get too smoky or stuffy.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Ah yes, I do sometimes forget that many people have schedules to adhere to and can't drop things at the drop of a hat to go drink beer... :o

Then we need to organise more frequent meetups sir. That way we can suit loads of people! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

No
    Weird, was just about to start a thread on this. I'd be in favour of something sooner. Maybe 18th/19th June?

How about D2 on harcourt st? they have a decent smoking area iirc. Prob quite expensive though.

Flannerys on aungier st also. Painfully loud inside but big smoking area. Last time we were in the smoking area the whole time

McGruders on Thomas St usually good craic.Don't know if they'd have a decent range of cocktails though.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

How about Aug holly weekend some where in midlands [ thats make its about smack bang in the middle so cant see too many complaints about favouritism].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Thats 2 odd months away plus a helluva lot of people go away that weekend.Im midlands based but its easy for me to get to Dublin,an hour on the train has me in Connolly,plus alot of tGC regulars are already in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

some where thats near some wher i can eat really important :D. ifi get the munchys when im drinking i have to eat... but sounds likea good plan. :D...

I will do my best to make this one, I swear on my creativity :D

• Advertisement

No
    I think it's best to just put up a poll of dates and just go with the winning day. Otherwise it just seems to go around in circles and nothing gets done.

My only unsuitable dates are the 19th June and the 13th-15th August but in all honesty does it really require two months notice to get a group of people together for a drink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Maybe
    End of this month possibly to give enough time for people to plan. I'm open regarding venue but preferably a friday or saturday night.

No
    I think a Saturday might be best for most people? Allows anyone who has to travel a bit more leeway with trains etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

No
    End of the month, it gives people enough time to make or break plans, say last weekend of this month.

No
    any venues in mind folks?

Snail Bar was a good spot last time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Dr Galen wrote: »
    any venues in mind folks?

Snail Bar was a good spot last time

Yes, it was. But I vote for a 'new' venue. D2 is a decent option.

Oh, and where is the poll for the dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

great idea Dr G, who knows you might even get another upgrade on your name again! :p

But some leadership is required, according to the rules as laid down by Capra Aegrarius Hircus Geriatricus - that's latin for Old goat!! :D

He previously said that anyone setting out a beers should:
    1. estimate numbers by starting a thread
    2. Announce a date, do not give options or seek a consenus
    3. Announce a venue, do not give options or seek a consensus

So pick a date, Saturday night - the last one of the month is the 26th, and a venue, D2 is ok has a good smoking area, they have Paulaner and they can do food if anyones interested. I remember BGRH were there before.

*waves hands hypnotically* - Saturday 26th June - *waves hands hypnotically*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

great idea Dr G, who knows you might even get another upgrade on your name again! :p

But some leadership is required, according to the rules as laid down by Capra Aegrarius Hircus Geriatricus - that's latin for Old goat!! :D

He previously said that anyone setting out a beers should:
    1. estimate numbers by starting a thread - lots
    2. Announce a date, do not give options or seek a consenus - Saturday 26th June 2010
    3. Announce a venue, do not give options or seek a consensus - D2 Harcourt Street
    *waves hands hypnotically* - Saturday 26th June - D2 Harcourt Street - *waves hands hypnotically*

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

P.C. wrote: »
    FYP :D

*waves hands hypnotically at Dr G* :P :D

But thanks tho

No
    Right so

Most people leaning towards end of this month, and D2 has been mentioned a few times.

Lets be havin ya then

• Advertisement

No
    just been reminded that the AH beers is on the same night.

Maybe pushing it back a week would be a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Maybe
    I favour D2 (for the simple reason that I've never been there before).

I do love the Snail bar but I've taken a vow never ever to go there on a weekend again as it was simply too crowded to be pleasurable. A man of my age and girth requires creature comforts such as NOT having to wade through hoards of people just to fight my way to wait for 20 minutes for a condecending barman to make me a semi-alright martini.

+1 on volume control. I'd like a conversation not a shout. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

No
    26th would be great for me, its my last weekend here before I flee the country for a short while! Did someone say we are clashing with AH on the 26th? How about the 25th so... its a Friday... :pac:

No
    I've changed the date to Friday 25th, makes more sense as we'd deffo be down in numbers because of AH Beers and other things going in, plus Englad World Cup game that night could also affect the turnout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Im previsional. simply because thats a hole 3 weeks a way its a friends birthday 2 days before so a friday night could be good or maybe il go inot a town with you chaps then get a bus back later that evening.... It really depends.

are they asneaker friendly in d2?

No
    they'd wanna be

25th should be grand for me. I'll know for sure closer to the date

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

No
    I'll be along

No
    All good here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

DTwo is a good spot. Also if you get into the upstairs section (main street level section) early enough, you can simply walk down into the night club after it opens and not have to pay any entry fee.

Advertisement