Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skinny jeans and shirts on guys?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    +1

They're a bit trendy and I tend to think when guys are wearing them, they're either very young or else they look like they're trying too hard. Especially when combined with artificially-aged converse, it has try-hard written all over it.

Or they could, just possibly, like wearing them. With their artificially aged converse of course.

skinny-jeans.jpg

But there are some guys who can pull off the drainpipe look

That last pair wouldn't be half as bad without those shoes and that belt :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Or they could, just possibly, like wearing them. With their artificially aged converse of course.

Of course they do. That's implicit. Very few people wear pants against their own will.

The question the thread is asking is do YOU like them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I wouldn't normally -- usually a bootleg guy -- but these Levis were only €20 in TK Maxx. What you reckon? Honestly!

I wouldn't normally -- usually a bootleg guy -- but these Levis were only €20 in TK Maxx. What you reckon? Honestly!

Pic didn't upload?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

There is nothing indie/alternative about skinny jeans because they seem to be everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

We used to have that exact mirror!!!

I think its got something to do with age. I'm 35 and I wouldn't go around in skinny jeans cos I would look ridiculous. Plus being 6'5" it would just be too much. But on the other hand I would never go the "older guy" look and wear jeans with shoes, bootcut or otherwise. That is a truely horrible look.

I was raised on the Stone Roses and the 90s dance scene where skinny jeans would've got you shot so its very hard for me to look at anything other than loose / baggy / flared being the jeans for me. Worn with a nice pair of runners and it could almost be 1995.

Stuart+Zender+zenderlw8.jpg

Ahh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jason31

im 36 and have to agree that there is noting as bad as the older guy in shoes and bootcuts its like a statement im gettin old.

i was a 90's kid so its baggys/combats and sneakers all the way. wonder in 20years time will the near 40 year olds still be in skinny jeans!!!!
    We used to have that exact mirror!!!

I think its got something to do with age. I'm 35 and I wouldn't go around in skinny jeans cos I would look ridiculous. Plus being 6'5" it would just be too much. But on the other hand I would never go the "older guy" look and wear jeans with shoes, bootcut or otherwise. That is a truely horrible look.

I was raised on the Stone Roses and the 90s dance scene where skinny jeans would've got you shot so its very hard for me to look at anything other than loose / baggy / flared being the jeans for me. Worn with a nice pair of runners and it could almost be 1995.

Stuart+Zender+zenderlw8.jpg

Ahh...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

I love it. Not necssarily drainpipes, but slim/skinny fit jeans and a nice casual shirt with rolled sleeves makes me weak at the knees

edit:

these

2OWWbvpzfBBPvXk.jpg

or these

A011P_SP716_03_BS217?$prodDetailMain$

more than these

skinny-jeans.jpg

But there are some guys who can pull off the drainpipe look

First two very nice jeans, any ideas of brand or type they are or where I could pick up a pair, useless with shopping, really need new jeans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

jason31 wrote: »
    im 36 and have to agree that there is noting as bad as the older guy in shoes and bootcuts its like a statement im gettin old.

:confused: i pretty much always wear shoes and bootcuts? never thought of it as some old man style.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

:confused: i pretty much always wear shoes and bootcuts? never thought of it as some old man style.

By "shoes" I'm taking proper brogues, either slip on, lace ups, brown or black; worn with boot cut jeans? No that's not a good look! I know there are millions of men who wear them but its just not for me. It is quite aging. Jeans and boots or trainers is OK, shoes for me should only be worn with trousers or a suit. Not jeans. Especially not bootcut jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Iolar Iontach

I disagree with you, eviltimeban. I wear brown Barker or black Borgioli mocassins with jeans & a shirt quite regularly, I don't think it's ageing at all. The jeans would have a slight bootcut e.g Diesel Zathan/Zhav or Energie Morris, not a crazy flare cut. I wouldn't wear a pair of brogues (Oxford shoes) with jeans, just a suit or dress trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

Pic didn't upload?

Honestly? I think they look uncomfortable and a lil restrictive.

Drainpipes are difficult for girls to pull off, nevermind guys. I really do not like em. Each to their own, but I definately think they are associated with a particular kinda indie style, one that I find generic and unattractive. I like muscular manly legs, not scrawny ones thatd fit into clothes that shape.

That said, I know a girl who lives for her boys in skinnies. Different strokes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

skinny-jeans.jpg

HAHAHAHA!!!
    Reminds me of:

sideshowbob-795050.gif

Those jeans are awful!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I wear skinny jeans the vast majority of the time, and I like how I look in them. They just suit my legs I guess, I've gotten a good few compliments about em ;)

I usually just wear them with a t-shirt, I hate how overdone the check shirt look is, and I never really liked it in the first place. But that's just MY personal preference. Wear whatever the hell you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

connollys wrote: »
    First two very nice jeans, any ideas of brand or type they are or where I could pick up a pair, useless with shopping, really need new jeans though.

One is Levis and I cant remember the other.

Stick straight leg jeans or slim fit jeans into google and it should throw something up

Azureus wrote: »
    Honestly? I think they look uncomfortable and a lil restrictive.

Yep, they are! And a bugger to get on... Thought for €20 I'd give them a lash, but apart from a couple of try-out days, the only time I've worn them was to take the pics for this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

One is Levis and I cant remember the other.

Stick straight leg jeans or slim fit jeans into google and it should throw something up
    second pair look like cheap monday jeans, which you can get in urban outfitters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

I think with any piece of clothing, esp trend pieces, it depends on how you wear it and finding a version that suits your shape and style.

The op reminded me how much I LOVE shirts on men, compared to tee's (which I do like). It's just shirts are sexier to take off;).

Am I alone on this ppl? Is it just me that likes certain things on the opposite (or same) sex just because of the fun of taking them off?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

You should really only wear skinnys if yer a teen or young 20's.

Saw an older fella wearing them and me and my mates((In what is the equivlent to Temple bar ((for sub-cultures that hangout there)) here in Cork))and we burst out laughing :L.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Completely agree with Seloth.

I'm 27 and would never consider skinny (drainpipe) jeans. I think its a teen trend.
    Seloth wrote: »
    You should really only wear skinnys if yer a teen or young 20's.

Saw an older fella wearing them and me and my mates((In what is the equivlent to Temple bar ((for sub-cultures that hangout there)) here in Cork))and we burst out laughing :L.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 charms.ie

If you have a heavy build then don’t go near them either, you’ll just look ridiculous, unless you like that bursting out look

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

I like the combination. Basically what my boyfriend wears most days.

Advertisement