Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skinny jeans and shirts on guys?

Options
  • 06-06-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

What are peoples views on the above? Personally, I think skinny jeans and a shirt work almost everywhere.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I like the look. It's basically what my boyfriend wears everyday. Shirts are great, they can look really casual and laid back, say a red check shirt, or dressy, for example a nice blue and white stripe. I love really dark indigo skinny jeans with a crisp white shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Fashion Fax Pas, metro sexuals will be wearing leggings next, because someone in a band wore them, just wait and see..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

gleep wrote: »
    Fashion Fax Pas, metro sexuals will be wearing leggings next, because someone in a band wore them, just wait and see..........

Ah now, I can't see that happening to be honest. Seriously though, so long as the skinny jeans aren't insanely skinny, they're my favourite type of jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i think they look awful.

although i guess they're ok if you wanna show how indie and alternative you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I think fitted dark jeans and a nice shirt looks great, Not sure about really skinny
    jeans on men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

I think skinny jeans are very effeminate. You only really see them on the fairly fashion conscious guys and they lack broad appeal. They'll probably go the way of the shoulder pad when the next craze comes along.

I'll stick to my boot cut jeans anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Wouldnt be a fan of skinny jeans at all, but bootcut can look almost as bad. Theres been a definite move towards the more streamlined straighter jean, and as was stated above you cant beat a well fitted pair of dark indigo jeans. Nothing worse too than a guy wearing flared bootcut jeans that are a bit too short, looks terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Five years from now blokes will look back on photos of themselves wearing them and shudder.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Five years from now blokes will look back on photos of themselves wearing them and shudder.

Aye but thats the way with most if not all of fashion tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I like them, only a certain build of guy can pull them off. Anyway, tight jeans on guys & girls have been around since the mods surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I dont like them, I think they make guys look very skinny and scrawny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lookingfor?

I love my skinnys ps I am a man so I just think that fit 1000 times better then bootcut crap ones
    I was on a date last night I had black skinny jeans waist cut a skinny gray shirt on a skinny tee
    as you can see I love my skinny and love going out nice and does not give a **** if some peaple say I look gay

all I can say that she loves my style ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

i think they look awful.

although i guess they're ok if you wanna show how indie and alternative you are.

Just because you wear skinny jeans doesn't mean your alternative/indie.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

wixfjord wrote: »
    Wouldnt be a fan of skinny jeans at all, but bootcut can look almost as bad. Theres been a definite move towards the more streamlined straighter jean, and as was stated above you cant beat a well fitted pair of dark indigo jeans.

True enough, I can't stand most bootcut jeans and I especially hate sagging jeans:mad::mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I can't stand it, it's so teenagery and metrosexual. Just makes me think of angsty rich kid emo's and they do nothing for the male form. It's become such a generic look with the checked shirt thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

galvin-adidas.jpg

This is a bad photo, but Paul Galvin (Kerry Gaa fella) carries it off well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The problem with any "indie" Irish person is that they all shop at the exact same stores and have no unique pieces of clothing or sense of individuality, topman shirts and jeans with rubbish high-tops or cons from Office and Schuh. Skinny jeans are dead too, fitted or slim jeans look a lot better. And bootcut are always awful bogger detectors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I prefer slim/fitted jeans to skinny jeans, they look much better imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Skinny jeans are part of a fashion trend. All my jeans are either "slim" or "skinny". I'm not overly skinny so I carry it quite well and I know how to dress in general so attention is generally drawn to whatever shirt, jacket, coat or whatever I'm wearing on top.

To the person who said something along the lines of skinny jeans only being worn by "fairly fashion conscious guys", well I'd rather be fashion conscious and know how to dress than walk around like half the lads in Dublin who look like they were dressed by their blind mammy in a Dunnes Stores fitting room. That's just me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Go to temple bar. Skinny Jeans central..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I think once they are not too tight and well fitted, They can look great,
    Really depends what kind of shirt/jacket they are teamed with to complete
    the look!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Personally, if I had legs skinny enough to pull off the look the last thing I'd want to do would be show them off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I dont think they make them in my size :D. I still love my flared jeans, can't stand any other style.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i really dont like skinny jeans on a man. I want a man to have manly legs, and if theyre legs are fitting into skinny jeans theyre probably not too manly!

i saw a guy on the buy a few weeks ago wearing them & my God the skinniness of his legs. they were like a normal persons arms. i wanted to feed him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Iolar Iontach

I think it's an awful trend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭xoixo

A lot of guys can overdo it, leading to the OTT indie/alt look a lot of people in this thread are hating.

But I think it looks really good once its kept casual and toned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Wilde86

Skinny jeans are part of a fashion trend. All my jeans are either "slim" or "skinny". I'm not overly skinny so I carry it quite well and I know how to dress in general so attention is generally drawn to whatever shirt, jacket, coat or whatever I'm wearing on top.

To the person who said something along the lines of skinny jeans only being worn by "fairly fashion conscious guys", well I'd rather be fashion conscious and know how to dress than walk around like half the lads in Dublin who look like they were dressed by their blind mammy in a Dunnes Stores fitting room. That's just me though.

Tee hee.. My sentiments exactly.

Men can look like men in skinny jeans. The emo kids that hang out in temple bar etc. are just that. Kids. They are skinny little things who wear hoodies and high tops with the jeans that are usually too tight and hanging off their arses. A nice fitted, but not too tight, skinny or straight leg jean with a nice pair of brogues is smashing. One can make a pair of skinny jeans look classic with a good peacoat, jumper, shirt or plain t-shirt. Not everyone buys their clobber in topman or urban outfitters. One can buy online.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Iolar Iontach

I don't think skinny jeans can look classic with anything, probably because they are not "classic" in any sense of the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I don't think skinny jeans can look classic with anything, probably because they are not "classic" in any sense of the word.

+1

They're a bit trendy and I tend to think when guys are wearing them, they're either very young or else they look like they're trying too hard. Especially when combined with artificially-aged converse, it has try-hard written all over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I love it. Not necssarily drainpipes, but slim/skinny fit jeans and a nice casual shirt with rolled sleeves makes me weak at the knees

edit:

these

2OWWbvpzfBBPvXk.jpg

or these

A011P_SP716_03_BS217?$prodDetailMain$

more than these

skinny-jeans.jpg

But there are some guys who can pull off the drainpipe look

Advertisement