Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serial killer Ireland?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

What about all the other rapists that walked free over the last 5 years, no media presence for them!!!

They are the ones under the radar that you should worry about.

Larry Murphy wont be able to step anywhere without someone watching him. He either leave the country or just claim the dole.

All rapists should have tags and be castrated by law. Yeah claim the dole. Don't ya just love working and pay taxes to support scum like that NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

musicmania wrote: »
    All rapists should have tags and be castrated by law.

Isn't this just a tad extreme?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

RoboClam wrote: »

And is raping a beating an innocent woman not extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

uprising2 wrote: »
    No, not jumping any gun, he's guilty of more than rape and attempted murder, you can say innocent until found guilty, I say guilty and he must pay.

"Ohh you can't take the law into your own hands", why not?, he's not human, he's the spawn of the devil and as such should be treated as such.

The sooner he's dead the better, and a bullet is too quick for scum like him.

Uprising you should stop yourself from saying them things.

Hopefully paps will be following and as he hasnt answered or shown remorse,i am sure they will be hounding him.Waiting for anything.

As he has conspired to rape and murder previously,and he did attempt murder.So i hope wrong but it is more likely he will again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

He made a complaint to gardai at coolock garda station, was heading for airport and turned around, got out of taxi and was lost at westbury mall, Grafton Street, media are waiting at airport, hasn't turned up there yet.

• Advertisement

He made a complaint to gardai at coolock garda station, was heading for airport and turned around, got out of taxi and was lost at westbury mall, Grafton Street, media are waiting at airport, hasn't turned up there yet.

He has some neck,see already conspiring to lose the police and media.That man has had alot of time to make plans.
    And he had the neck to complain about harassment lol :eek:

he's not though

I'm beginning to wonder why your defending this piece of dirt, anything you'd like to get off your chest??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,935 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm beginning to wonder why your defending this piece of dirt, anything you'd like to get off your chest??????????
    keep your **** to yourself, i never defended anyone.

musicmania wrote: »
    One victim, yeah right. Too much coincidence with other missing women in Ireland. And anyway "only one victim" is ONE too many. His crimes are horrendous and unforgiveable. For refusing any pyschological help he should still be locked up. I feel sickened after seeing the scumbag walk free on TV3 news.

And if not caught for that poor girl,if wasnt some more before i am sure more after.
    He is not someone i can see change with no help if at all.
    What about all the other rapists that walked free over the last 5 years, no media presence for them!!!

They are the ones under the radar that you should worry about.

Larry Murphy wont be able to step anywhere without someone watching him. He either leave the country or just claim the dole.

Loads of people in this country who were to young or who didnt even live here when he was locked up.And loads of non Irish who wouldnt read or watch Irish news at all.

He looks a lot more butch also.And plenty of time to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭mecanoman

The Bogey man is definitely real, is out and about.
    Unfortunitlly only time will tell if and when he re-offends.
    Which isnt right.

• Advertisement

RoboClam wrote: »

Roboclam, I don't know if you have sister's or daughter's, but should something like Larry Murphy get his filthy hands on them I'm sure you'd change your opinion.

If I ruled this country, I'd introduce "Murphy's Law" in honour of Larry, no chemical castration, dirty blade castration, without anestetic, throw him back in his cell to think about what he has done and let him hope it doesn't get infected, if it does, it does.

There are different levels of crime and offences, from road traffic offences that I am guilty of minor one's on occasion, to henious, even without the other disappearances that I'm sure he's guilty of, the one crime that he was convicted of was henious.

This was an outwardly normal family man, inside he is a depraved animal, and should always be treated as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Just spent the last hour reading this thread. Very interesting yet very sick stuff. It almost makes me want to do the Garda exam and have a crack at this case "Columbo" style.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Spangles

If I ruled this country, I'd introduce "Murphy's Law" in honour of Larry, no chemical castration, dirty blade castration, without anestetic, throw him back in his cell to think about what he has done and let him hope it doesn't get infected, if it does, it does.

Giving Murphy any more notoriety than he has already would be wrong - although I totally agree with the sentiment behind it. All sexual preditors should be locked up and the key thrown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Some of those missing women cases are quite bizarre. How someone can just disappear off the face of the earth without a trace is very strange. Very difficult for a family to deal with when someone just vanishes and you have no idea what happened to them.

Some of the cases probably are linked you'd imagine. Though if you take Deirdre Jacob for example, she was seen by a neighbour walking back to her house and was literally within a stone's throw of where she lived when she went missing, so you wonder how could someone have abducted her without a struggle or someone hearing/noticing the commotion. A case like that sounds more as though she left with someone she knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭jurgenscarl

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Some of those missing women cases are quite bizarre. How someone can just disappear off the face of the earth without a trace is very strange. Very difficult for a family to deal with when someone just vanishes and you have no idea what happened to them.

Some of the cases probably are linked you'd imagine. Though if you take Deirdre Jacob for example, she was seen by a neighbour walking back to her house and was literally within a stone's throw of where she lived when she went missing, so you wonder how could someone have abducted her without a struggle or someone hearing/noticing the commotion. A case like that sounds more as though she left with someone she knew.

We cannot assume anything.
    For all we know Deirdre Jacob could have arranged a fake birth cert, fake passport and ran off to some exotic part of the world with a boyfriend never to be heard of again. She might have been planning it for a long time.
    Anything is possible.
    It seems more likely that she was abducted, raped, murdered and secretly buried but without a body or any evidence - presuming the Gardai haven't found any proof - we cannot know for sure.
    Larry Murphy might have killed her and he might not - if indeed she was killed but it could just as likely have been a local man.
    Perhaps she went for a walk and fell down the mouth of a cave nobody knows even exists?
    The media speculation is built on nothing but speculation.
    All we know for sure is Larry Murphy is a convicted rapist.
    That's it.

For all we know Deirdre Jacob could have arranged a fake birth cert, fake passport and ran off to some exotic part of the world with a boyfriend never to be heard of again. She might have been planning it for a long time.
    Anything is possible.
    It seems more likely that she was abducted, raped, murdered and secretly buried but without a body or any evidence - presuming the Gardai haven't found any proof - we cannot know for sure.
    Larry Murphy might have killed her and he might not - if indeed she was killed but it could just as likely have been a local man.
    Perhaps she went for a walk and fell down the mouth of a cave nobody knows even exists?
    That's it.

Not sure how accurate this is.

Gardai fear, however, that this was not Murphy’s only attack. He is also the prime suspect in the murders of Deirdre Jacob, Jo Jo Dullard and Annie McCarrick. In fact, nine women disappeared around Leinster in the 18 months prior to Murphy’s arrest and are believed to have been murdered. Since Murphy was jailed, the disappearances have ceased.

Gardai have admitted that they are unable to watch Murphy around the clock now that he has been released. They have, however, said they believe he is the single biggest threat to the lives of young women in Ireland.
    http://www.joe.ie/news-politics/newsmakers/irish-psycho-on-the-loose-004369-1

How can they lose him :confused:

Just another thing to add, Dermot Ahern was "powerless" to do anything about Murphy and his early release for "good behaviour", yet the "Government" were able to change the law regarding banks VERY QUICKLY, see Anglo Irish Bank Corporation Act 2009, fukking hypocrisy.

Spangles wrote: »
    I read on another forum he is in Garda custody in Coolock of his own accord - all hearsay mind. I would tend to think this probably is the case though as he was there earlier and it is near the airport and would be the "safest" place for him until he takes off. He has no anonimity here and will remain a wanted man if he stays. His only chance to live a "normal" life is to disappear. Its unfortunate for any community on the receiving end who will suffer for our inadequate legal system.

I agree,he should have been charged for the rapes and of assault and of attempted murder and kidnapping all separately not rolled into one :confused:
    He is protected by the law though and i do hope if he is guilty he does not die anytime soon as there will never be answers then.If there ever is any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I have some possible more victims from our Serial Killer. These are what I call 'the forgotten' because their bodies were found.
    PATRICIA FURLONG
    The 21-year-old's body was found in a field in Glencullen after she had been at a festival near Johnny Fox's pub. She had been raped and strangled. Gardai arrested and charged DJ Vinnie Connell, a man with a history of violence toward women, but he was acquitted and died seven years ago still protesting his innocence.
    PATRICIA DOHERTY
    THE 30-year-old prison officer was on her way to do some last-minute Christmas shopping in Tallaght from her home on the foothills of the Dublin Mountains in 1991 when she disappeared. Her body was found the following summer, partially buried in a bog off Mount Venus Road at Kilakee.
    ANTOINETTE SMITH
    The 27-year-old single mother is believed to have been abducted in Dublin city centre in July 1987, taken to a lonely mountain bog and murdered not far from where Patricia Doherty's body was found. Examination of Antoinette's remains showed she had been strangled with her bra.
    If anybody doesn't know the area- those locations are all within about a 5 minute drive of each other.

It appears the Gardai are out of their depth here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Another..
    Ms Phyllis Murphy (22) was last seen on December 22nd, 1979, after leaving a relative's home in Newbridge to return home to Kildare town. It is believed she missed the bus and was hitch-hiking home when she was abducted and murdered. Her body was found in a grave in the Wicklow Mountains in 1980.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Anything is possible.
    That's it

I know. I wasn't suggesting he's responsible for Deirdre Jacob's disappearance.

Just another thing to add, Dermot Ahern was "powerless" to do anything about Murphy and his early release for "good behaviour", yet the "Government" were able to change the law regarding banks VERY QUICKLY, see Anglo Irish Bank Corporation Act 2009, fukking hypocrisy.

They're always 'powerless' when it comes to something they don't want to do. However in the case of Larry Murphy he has served his time and that's that. If he reoffends I'd hope they would throw the book at him and lock him up for a long long time. But he's hardly alone in being a dangerous predator. There are several more like him who were fortunate enough to not attract quite the same media furore that Murphy has.

The guy who raped and killed that Swiss girl in Galway was out on bail at the time even though the Gardai had specifically requested he be denied bail due to him being an ongoing danger. That was arguably a bigger scandal that didn't attract the same witchunt that this case has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Of course if we the death penalty this scumbag would not have cost the state hundreds of thousands of euro plus we would not be having this debate now. Death penalty should be given to muderers and rapists. Also very severe penalties for violent crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Spangles

aphex™ wrote: »
    Another..
    Originally Posted by IRISH TIMES, 1998
    Ms Phyllis Murphy (22) was last seen on December 22nd, 1979, after leaving a relative's home in Newbridge to return home to Kildare town. It is believed she missed the bus and was hitch-hiking home when she was abducted and murdered. Her body was found in a grave in the Wicklow Mountains in 1980.

user_offline.gifreport.gif quote.gifI understand John Crerar (spelling?) was charged and convicted of Phyllis Murphy's murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭jurgenscarl

Of course if we the death penalty this scumbag would not have cost the state hundreds of thousands of euro plus we would not be having this debate now. Death penalty should be given to muderers and rapists. Also very severe penalties for violent crime.

What if the wrong man is convicted and executed? There have been scores of miscarriages of justice in England - the Birmingham Six and Guilford Four for the example.

The the Nicky Kelly case - the man was a suspected republican - was convicted after apparently the 'heavy gang' beat him up and made him confess to the Sallin train robbery back in the 1970's.
    What if a garda or a civilian were killed? He would have been convicted of murder. The death penalty was still on the books then but hadn't been used since the 1950's.
    Kelly would gone to the gallows if the robbery had led to a fatality.

Perhaps Kelly was associated with republicanism - perhaps not - but there was no sound evidence linking him with this case.

Larry Murphy might have abducted, raped and murdered all these missing women - but we have no body and no evidence which means we cannot rule out the slim possibility that they are all still alive.

Even if Murphy did indeed kill women and was executed - he might not have killed these particular women - meaning the real killer would get away with it and kill again.

Better that 100 guilty men walk free than 1 innocent person serve a day in jail.

We can have lynch mobs and return to the dark ages if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Dramatik

caseyann wrote: »
    Do you think someone who is murdering cares where he goes lol

Haha you scared me to now lol

I had a very close call few years ago with someone in city center.
    He was pretending to be a Garda.Luckyily i had cop on.When he realised i wasnt going anywhere with him.He started cursing me and calling me names.
    Few weeks later he was on crime line for raping a girl in stoney batter, and had robbed a car pretending to be a garda.It was the same night i was in town it happened.
    Thought me a valuable lesson,scared **** out of me.

but if you look two in some years then none,and not a single solitary clue.

Same thing happened to me when I was younger, I'd say I was about 10 or 11, I was playing in a pub car park near my house when a man approached me posing to be a garda, he even had a fake badge in his wallet. I sensed there was somthing wrong with the situation as I hadn't done anything wrong and he was being overly aggressive. He had the back door of his car open and was telling me I must get in and that my parents were down in the station waiting for me although I knew they weren't cause I had just eaten dinner with them minutes before. At this point I knew for sure that there was somthing going on, so I legged it as fast as I could back to my gaff and never looked back. Just writing this gives me butter-fly's in my stomach, thank god I had some cop-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Rookster wrote: »
    Of course if we the death penalty this scumbag would not have cost the state hundreds of thousands of euro plus we would not be having this debate now.

do some research into the cost of executing prisoners in countries that still have the death penalty - the US for example - you might be surprised.

RGDATA! wrote: »
    do some research into the cost of executing prisoners in countries that still have the death penalty - the US for example - you might be surprised.

About $0.60 each..............
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=542887

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Right, I'm going to have to close this thread and delete/edit a couple of posts. It's not a conspiracy theory, plus it's discussed on a few different forums here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement