Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptance of your sexuality - ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

How very sensitive of you darling. :)

Despite the fact that your clearly taking the piss with that comment, that is essentially what it boils down to. A communication issue - although more precisely, what's being conveyed with that communication.

Awww, I'm sorry. I wasn't entirely taking the p*ss tbf.

As yet, nobody has been able to work out what the issue is despite several askings, and this thread is getting quite long now. If that's the extent of clear concise communication when dealing with strangers about an issue close to your heart, then it's hardly surprising there are issues when dealing with people in real life and subtle matters of the heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

MicraBoy wrote: »
    All I can say is that if you are as obtuse in real life as you have been on this thread then I am not surprised there is awkwardness and communication failure.

It seems to me you need to stop over-thinking, try to stay straight forward in your communication (don't waffle), and try not to feel like you have to be some sort of casanova when it comes to dealing with women.

Or have I totally misunderstood? :p

Firstly I googled the word obtuse... :)

Nah bro, I can see your point of view for sure.

I can't really think of any other way to try and explain myself to be honest.
    It's not a case of over thinking or having hyperbolic points of view or anything.
    It all boils down effectively to something which I'm pretty sure is not a conscious consideration for most, so it would be very difficult to offer up your point of view.

I think it really comes down to the subconscious and some sh*t.
    I dunno, I guess different peoples minds work in different ways.

How I'd love to delve into a combat sports analogy of this..

Cheers for your replies anyway.
    Peace out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Ok I'm going to try and answer - OP let me know if I'm on the right track.

You seem to have an extremely literal mind. You seem to have come to the conclusion (and I would imagine that you've based this conclusion on how you would act in the same situation) that when a woman talks to you she must be attracted to you and wants a relationship. And then what's confusing you is that when you follow through and perhaps ask her out/move it forward she knocks you back, leaving you confused and wondering why she talked to you in the first place?

Ok so if i'm correct about your issue, you need to understand one fatal flaw in your thought process. Woman may speak to you and even flirt with you without having any interest in having a relationship with you. And that's ok. It's just social interaction. It's normal. It'll happen - you will speak to lots of girls and not all of them will want to develop anything with you.

You need to take a step back and try and read the subtle nuances of body language as well as how the woman verbally communicates with you. Practice too - if you feel the 'chemistry', ask her out. If she says no, you've read the situation wrong, but that's ok - just move on and learn from it. The main thing is you HAVE to stop assuming that when a woman talks/flirts with you she wants a relationship - that is inaccurate and will just frustrate you. Woman are a lot more complicated than that! Best of luck. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Just a reminder, we cannot give medical advice on PI, and that includes giving a diagnosis.

Posts deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭goodmum

'My issue is my inability to form a relationship with the opposite sex'

Apologies OP, but if you had just said that in your first thread, I'd say you would have gotten some great advice here so far.

Seriously though, I think your biggest issue is communication.

Judging your posts here, you over analyse to the point of obsession. You think very deeply about even the tiniest things.
    You say that women have fancied you, and you knew this.
    So what happened? Did you come on too strong? Did you do the opposite? If they fancied you, what stopped them going to the next level?
    Think about it.
    Think about what you said, how you reacted in those situations? What happened that in those situations, nothing progressed? Perhaps if you can answer this question, you can get advice here...

• Advertisement
Advertisement