Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom v850 Maps Released

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks for that. Ill get a report with screen shots posted up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

koolkid wrote: »
    Pmsurveys. Before I send in a report, can you confirm the road is as shown in this shot from Google earth?

Hey Koolkid

Any update on this junction yet ?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's been posted up on Tom Tom Beta test forum . I'll check on 8.55 later .

Update,
    Still present in Europe v 8.55.
    I will resubmit to TomTom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Anchorman1

Hi Koolkid,

I updated to the lastest European version of the maps (v8.55). I put in Bewleys hotel in newlands cross and it brings you to the Redcow hotel.

On the tomtom route planner it brings you to the correct location. Whats the reason for the latest map been different to the route planner?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Anchorman1 wrote: »
    Hi Koolkid,

I updated to the lastest European version of the maps (v8.55). I put in Bewleys hotel in newlands cross and it brings you to the Redcow hotel.

On the tomtom route planner it brings you to the correct location. Whats the reason for the latest map been different to the route planner?

I set it to bring me to Dublin Airport (as an inbuilt POI) a few months ago and it brought me past the airport to the middle of St Margaret's Road in the wasteland!

Luckily I'd factored in time to bring my friends early to the airport.

Wonder if it's still wrong on the POIs.

Hi Anchorman, You can correct this error yourself on your device.
    Map Corrections
    Correct a map error
    Edit POI
    locate & select the POI
    Move the POI on the map.
    Select share Mapshare corrections.

Hi Qualitymark,
    Dublin Airport seems ok here on Map Europe v855
    126452.bmp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Anchorman1

Thanks Koolkid, I've made that correction.

Quick thing for you, which I don't think I can fix with map corrections. I was taking a trip to Clonakilty/Cork the weekend. Didn't know the location at all,so was totally dependant on the device. I had no street name but wanted the center of the town.

On my 720 I typed in City: Cork, Street: Clonakilty

Nothing was found.

So I typed in City: Clonakilty. It gave me a number of streets to choose so I picked the one with the city/center icon which I was hoping would bring me into the center.(i'm guessing that icon means that). The city/center icon was for An Ros Mor, Clonakilty.

After I arrived in An Ros Mor/ Clonaklity I found it was 15 kilometers away from Clonakilty.

Not sure how place is related in anyway to Clonakilty as it's a little small village miles away from Clonakilty, but it needs to be corrected on the map. Could you take a look.

thx,

I'll take a look.
    The best thing to do there is browse map. Do your search & then tap the map for where you want to navigate to.

Advertisement