Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom v850 Maps Released

Options
  • 03-06-2010 10:46am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

TomTom map for United Kingdom & Republic or Ireland v850.2781 is now available for download via TomTom Home.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Is that included in the Europe maps ........ wasnt offered an update tonight ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Upto this afternoon it was only IRL & UK. There's a delay on the European maps. Not sure why.

No prob ............. anything of significance (all townlands ??)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

koolkid wrote: »
    TomTom map for United Kingdom & Republic or Ireland v850.2781 is now available for download via TomTom Home.

The one I just downloaded is v850.2820?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For Go *50 TomTom shows maps as v850.2781.
    What device are you using.?
    The release version is 850 that is the only part that matters .
    It may be a few weeks before we see v850 for Europe.
    Ill keep you updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I have a TomTom One 2nd edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

When will this update be available on the iphone TomTom app? Does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

So it is indeed, but when I try to upload it onto my TomTom 520 Go it tells me, bafflingly, that there isn't enough space. Eh?

Mind you, my TomTom has been a little cranky; it'll only talk to my computer if I press the Reset button, every time. It's also got political about "You have now reached your destination" - it will only say this if the destination is on the right.

So it is indeed, but when I try to upload it onto my TomTom 520 Go it tells me, bafflingly, that there isn't enough space. Eh?

Mind you, my TomTom has been a little cranky; it'll only talk to my computer if I press the Reset button, every time. It's also got political about "You have now reached your destination" - it will only say this if the destination is on the right.

Try installing it onto an SD card or try removing dome voices.
    With your second problem you could try a reformat of your device.
    As follows:
    • Back up the entire directory of your device using windows explorer.
    • Right click on the device drive letter & select format. Deselect quick format
    • When finished connect to Tom Tom Home. As there is no software on the device TomTom Home will install the latest stable application build.
    • The device will restart. When it does copy & past you map folder back onto the device.
    • In TomTom home click update my device.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks, koolkid. I'm using a Mac, so can't follow your instructions.

What are dome voices? I looked at the voices folder, but it wasn't clear which were which.

• Advertisement

Typo! ! It should be some voices.
    There is a TomTom Home application for Mac.
    Copy/paste is pretty much the same.

Typo! ! It should be some voices.
    There is a TomTom Home application for Mac.
    Copy/paste is pretty much the same.

Thanks, will look at it.

I looked at the voices, but couldn't tell which was which. I use the 'Voice of Ireland' one... which are the others?

By the way, if I get an expansion card, where do I get it (cheap!) and what am I looking for?

All SD cards are firly cheap now you can get 4gb for €20- €30
    You will get them cheaper online.
    This is a place I use a lot.

Deedsie wrote: »
    When will this update be available on the iphone TomTom app? Does anyone know?

Noy yet, but it will be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭nickhx

New Map has the new M8 section that bypasses abbeyleix and durrow, but it is showing as blocked off.

However, I have opened it up with the map corrections function and shared the changes on mapshare if anyone is interested. (uk and Ireland map v850)

Any update on European release ...........

pmsurveys wrote: »
    Any update on European release ...........

Still nothing the word is the end of June but TT are not comitting to that.

Latest on this is it may be another 2-3 weeks.
    I'll post again when I have something more definite.

I bought and installed a memory card to take the extra material that bulges out of the current maps, but it seems to have slowed the device a great deal. It's fine on long straight roads, but on roundabouts, for instance, it's very laggy, and I often go off on what I think is the correct exit (looking at the image), only to discover that I should have exited earlier or later.

It shouldnd be an issue. What device do you have?

• Advertisement

Just thinking out loud here but I remember ordering a years update of maps on 23rd April 2009 which was for 4 maps for the year (Europe) and only recently re-ordered again for a further 4 updates. No my memory may be bad but I dont believe I got 4 updates between Apr 09 and Apr 10 .... now I might be open to correction but thats my memory. Albeit I'm still waiting on first one since renewing and its now July ...... and I am expecting 4 for 2010 / 2011. When you pay for 4 you expect 1 every 3 months. I wouldnt be impresses if I got 1 now 1 in Dec and the n 2 in quick succession around march just to make up 4. Anyone else think they are been done ?

Sooner than expected...
    Europe v850 is now available.

Thanks Koolkid ...... I'll be keeping an eye on dates ... This is first out of supposed 4 for my renewed subscription which I paid for in May

I'd say the next release will bring it back in line. They will not push the next release date back because of a delay with one map.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Just got a re-furbed TT XL Europe for a present (in perfect condition might I add) and just downloaded and successfully installed the Western & Central Europe V850 with latest map guarantee. This is something TT could put in bold in the packagaing, if it wasn't for here, I may not know about plugging it into TT Home to get the latest map.

I did notice on my on 730 V845, I was travelling along the N18 en route to Ennis from Cork and TT had the road fully finished, but road works took me off at Dooradoyle, spend 30mins drving around in circle's, find alternative didn't really help either. Even roadblock wasn't great. It's great to see TT having roads in the future, as we have often complained about TT not having roads that have been built for years !!.......

*goes to update 730......

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

I just updated to v850.2781 and have to say I am quite impressed with the updates at least on the roads I travel. The M3 for instance is already on it and it surprisingly includes the new - as yet unfinished- N3/M50 junction as if it was completed.
    2wqwg3o.jpg

I'm impressed too check out this co-ordinate then check out road on the ground ....... dont know how you report an error of complete fiction. Was heading into Naas town centre the other day and it wanted me to take this exit. Have to say its a cool junction layout and would be handy for Naas but as far as I know this is not even planned. Its def not under construction and its not on the NRA's website for proposed works either.

53 14 03 N
    6 41 00

Koolkid can you post screenshot route planner doesnt seem to have this updated on their maps but gps version does

Paul

Is this what your looking at?

I'll check it out & send a report.

Pmsurveys. Before I send in a report, can you confirm the road is as shown in this shot from Google earth?

• Advertisement

Koolkid

Thats the junction alright. Doesn't exist and as far as I know (I live about 10mins from here) there are no plans to build this (not showing up on google maps either). There is a new business park on the east side of the motorway which has a few units built alrigh,t but in this climate I cant see the remaining been built for a while. There could be a chance that as part of their planning this new junction was a requirement and maybe thats where Tomtom got the info. I've noticed that in a few places they have mapping that hasnt been finished but is under construction and I can only assume they are getting it from planning files etc as sometimes the as built location of the roads do differ from their mapping. The new Waterford bypass as you head for Dungarvan is a classic example as the road is about 100m off line . Anyway they might look at the naas one as it could cause issues with others as this is one of the main roads in the country.

Paul

Advertisement