Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

combined DTT signal with satellite signal in one cable

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

you need one on each end. o
    ne at the tv/stb and one at the aerial /sat dish (in the attic)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Andy454 wrote: »
    Hmm, I presume this device is no ordinary F-connector splitter, I cant see many TV tuners being too happy at accepting 18V DC LNB power from a satellite reciever, nor can I see the sat reciever being too happy happy suppling the load of the tv tuner and LNB unit, for that matter I cant see the LNB amps being too happy in the voltage drop caused by the tv tuner....

I am not sure how favourable this setup would be to age... especially with some of those lovely cheap fermica psu capacitors..

The proposal is to use a pair of combiners not splitters. No issues as the DC feed to the LNB is isolated. This configuration is widely used and gives satisfactory performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Andy454 wrote: »

I am not sure how favourable this setup would be to age... especially with some of those lovely cheap fermica psu capacitors..

Combiners have been working for years without problems

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

I have never come across these lovely devices - Now I can hook that big beautiful aerial in permanently without adding another coaxil run.

Thanks Guys -

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

Is there a product where you can combine 2 sat and 1 dtt signals into 1 cable?

Is it possible to "thread" a new cable through the walls, replacing an existing one (without tearing down the walls)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

zbluebirdz wrote: »
    Is there a product where you can combine 2 sat and 1 dtt signals into 1 cable?

Is it possible to "thread" a new cable through the walls, replacing an existing one (without tearing down the walls)?

You could use a stacker/destacker to combine the satellite signals in conjunction with a satellite/terrestrial combiner.

Your ability to thread a new cable through the walls will depend on whether or not you have a straight run from one end of the cable to the other. You could try connecting the new cable to the end of the old one using two f-connectors and a coupler and simply pulling it through, but if your cable run has bends or loops, etc. in it, then it's not going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

Gadgie wrote: »
    You could try connecting the new cable to the end of the old one using two f-connectors and a coupler and simply pulling it through, but if your cable run has bends or loops, etc. in it, then it's not going to work.

I wouldn't advise this unless you're going to use a load of electrical tape as well to make sure the connections don't break!

Advertisement