Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Under

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Where's Buddy Lee when you need him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

they're willing to classify skipping in the same bracket as Olympic lifting, and then try to tell me it builds agility and skill.

I'm certainly not going to spend my conditioning skipping.

That didn't actually happen.

And no-one asked you to. I'd imagine as a competitive athlete at some sort of sport (if you still are) you would have much more stringent concerns as to what would be best use of your conditioning time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

d'Oracle wrote: »
    That didn't actually happen.

And no-one asked you to. I'd imagine as a competitive athlete at some sort of sport (if you still are) you would have much more stringent concerns as to what would be best use of your conditioning time.
    There was a comparison, but I suppose that's a matter of opinion.

Also as a professional I have much more conditioning time than the average person. I get maybe 4-6 hours per week that I can dedicate solely to conditioning, so I could probably play with stuff a bit more than others. If I had 2 hours per week I'd be thinking more along the lines of getting value from every exercise I was doing. Skipping as anything other than steady state cardio or a warm up would be low on my list.

I'll say it again, I have no problem with people skipping and I know I look like the dickhead here, but it's just skipping. The reason most people find it hard isn't because it's super smokin awesome it's just because they're rubbish at it.

I had to google Buddy Lee. I dig his groovy style.

Advertisement