Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorial Tournament Betting

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭eldrickwoods

heavyballs wrote: »
    firstly never apologise for your golfers performance,you'll have good and bad weeks,just like the golfers
    secondly have a look at ryan moore's swing again as it may be easy on the eye and has a lovely rhythem to it,it certainly isn't simple,it's very unique,he re-route's the club big style on the downswing
    (btw not having a go,i'm just watch a lot of swings as i do a bt of gof coachin myself)

fair shout. i'll watch the swing again this weekend. could do with some coaching myself. played for 1st time in 10 months last week and hit more trees than fairways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

My bets

U.S
    J.Rose e/w @66/1
    S O Heir win @50/1
    Euro
    R.Ramsey e/w @80/1

Will probably do another on Sat morn

didn't go mad as i hope Tiger does it but can't see that happening tbh

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I have gone wit KJ (win) and Ricky Barnes ew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

First time for me on golf bets forum (one of my biggest wins on all sports) was Zach Johnston at 350/1 for the Masters! That was a long time ago so for this week....

Jeff Overton @ 70's
    Ricky Barnes @ 120

deewhy wrote: »

Jeff Overton @ 70's
    Ricky Barnes @ 120

bol
    how come it's 70's and 120,why does 120 not get an apostrophe:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

In Wales, Ollie Wilson at 45/1 will be keen to impress Monty.
    Also have some on the place at 10/1

bol
    how come it's 70's and 120,why does 120 not get an apostrophe:D

It's all part of the betting strategy - allows room for another zero if he shoots a crap first round!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

First time for me on golf bets forum (one of my biggest wins on all sports) was Zach Johnston at 350/1 for the Masters! That was a long time ago so for this week....

Jeff Overton @ 70's
    Ricky Barnes @ 120
    jaysus! 350/1? u jammy [EMAIL="sh@@e"]sh@@e[/EMAIL]!! actually, that brings up an interesting question. whats the most ne1 on here has won, with betting on golf? f no1 minds me askin, that is. best year i had was 2008, darren clarke 28/1 klm dutch open E100 n davis love at disney 28/1 E100! u wouldnt catch me bettiing E100 these days though! not a fcukin hope! all small wins other than that! not worth mention'n!! come on lads! entertain me!:eek::eek::P

actually, that brings up an interesting question. whats the most ne1 on here has won, with betting on golf?

we had this couple of months back,mine was back a good few years ago,€5 e/w double S.Cink (Harbout Town) 22/1 and Cristie Kerr(some womens event in u.s)16/1
    mad thing about it was Kerr won on the Saturday night in a 4 hole playoff

Cink was 9 shots behind goin into Sunday,he won on the 5th(i think)play off hole,netted nearly 2 k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Open at Birkdale i had Norman at 1000 on betfair and Harrington at 80 (injury scare). I was in trading heaven that Sunday. The only fly in the ointment was when Dorothy Perkins made a run but Harrington soon put an end to her with his second shot on 17th :D
    Been lucky down the years in majors, i've had Daly,Curtis and Ogilivy as well at prices. Unfortunatley i give most of it back in the regular events :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Had €10 on Mickleson after the first round of last years Tour Championship @ 250/1 on BF. Saw highlights of the Thursday and he took an 8 on a par 4 when he should have taken 4 max and was only 8 shots off the lead after the first round (cant remember exactly who was leading after R1 but it was not a big name) so thought 250 was too big. I told my brother who also put €10 on at 250. He let the bet ride but I layed quite a bit during the final 9 holes. Still came out with just over €1,600 after commission. Brother got €2,375 though!!

Has all been given back at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

frat wrote: »
    Had €10 on Mickleson after the first round of last years Tour Championship @ 250/1 on BF. Saw highlights of the Thursday and he took an 8 on a par 4 when he should have taken 4 max and was only 8 shots off the lead after the first round (cant remember exactly who was leading after R1 but it was not a big name) so thought 250 was too big. I told my brother who also put €10 on at 250. He let the bet ride but I layed quite a bit during the final 9 holes. Still came out with just over €1,600 after commission. Brother got €2,375 though!!

Has all been given back at this stage!

and the following day i put €10 on a scorecast (Tevez and Man City to beat West Ham 3-1) @ 60/1 which came in. best 2 gambling days i've ever had! Have come nowhere even close since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Bradley Dredge!! (-5)

Made these comments about him this week

Out of sorts in recent events and retired from the PGA Championship last week. He may not win but I feel there is a good performance in him and he’s overdue getting his game into shape again and contending on the European Tour

Had a fantastic opening round last week but struggled a bit from then onwards. Should of stuck by the lad in his home event :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Chris Wood was tipped by the Racing Post

In_tuition wrote: »
    I can't have Watney this week. His accuracy off the tee is just average and although his stats from the rough are quite good this is really thick stuff and with the heavy rain forecast it will make it tougher. Any waywardness off the tee will be well punished.

Watney was also very poor from the bunkers at Colonial last week, 4 from 9 just. There is over 70 bunkers in play here this week.

His putting still isn't up to scratch, let's face it it's not. I've mouthed off about him fairly regularly this year and last, about how his putting is improving, it is but only gradually. He is way off (putting) at the moment and I think he could struggle this week.

Just my tuppence worth.

+5 thru 9 holes.

19 putts for 9 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Hey, quit the gloating, I've him for a top 10 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I have just deleted a few posts here to tidy up the thread

Given that I am new here people are going to start off with a clean stale (provided there are no previous bans or infractions)

From what I can see some people need to stop hopping on posts and assuming people are gloating and also stop needling if they think they are

If someone is doing well it is only natural for them to be happy and want to promote it, conversely they are not going to trumpet their failures, maybe they should but we can't force them too

Can't we all just get along :)

I can't have Watney this week. His accuracy off the tee is just average and although his stats from the rough are quite good this is really thick stuff and with the heavy rain forecast it will make it tougher. Any waywardness off the tee will be well punished.

Watney was also very poor from the bunkers at Colonial last week, 4 from 9 just. There is over 70 bunkers in play here this week.

His putting still isn't up to scratch, let's face it it's not. I've mouthed off about him fairly regularly this year and last, about how his putting is improving, it is but only gradually. He is way off (putting) at the moment and I think he could struggle this week.

Just my tuppence worth.

82 (+10) for R2.

+12 for the tournament.

Hopefully you swerved him robbie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Rory McIlroy priced up @ 5/4 (Hills) in group betting for today. Looks attractive, as recommended in the RP this morning.
    fwjcqh.jpg

Well done to Rose and especially to the Ricky Barnes backers.

Must have threw away the dockets after R2!

• Advertisement

Well done to Rose and especially to the Ricky Barnes backers.

Must have threw away the dockets after R2!

I actually did a typo - I backed Rickie Fowler:mad::mad: (not Barnes) - same outcome!. Managed to lay off and backed Rose in running, so still made a healthy profit. Well done to H'Balls - your day today. Hope you lumped on!

I actually did a typo - I backed Rickie Fowler:mad::mad: (not Barnes) - same outcome!. Managed to lay off and backed Rose in running, so still made a healthy profit. Well done to H'Balls - your day today. Hope you lumped on!

i wish i had lumped on,i had a fiver on the nose at 60/1,that for me is a great result as i don't really back on horses etc so i don't spend a huge amount per week(don't have it to spend tbh, 2 mortgages,cheche fes etc sorts that out)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

My bets

U.S
    J.Rose e/w @66/1
    S O Heir win @50/1
    Euro
    R.Ramsey e/w @80/1

Will probably do another on Sat morn

didn't go mad as i hope Tiger does it but can't see that happening tbh

Well done :)

ta,that wasn't e/w on Rose,just checked my docket and he was 66/1 in pp but i backed him in my local at 60/1,still happy though

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

Enjoy your spending :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Had a 25/1 winner in Ricky Barnes, get in there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

E5 rob rock 14/1 in estoril, good form lately! E5 david toms 22/1 in d u.s. past form here is way too good to ignore! check out his past results on pgatour.com. mite do another later on in the week, if the two above bomb out:P:P:P:P

new thread needed Wiger

Advertisement