Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camelot film extras open casting

Options
  • 31-05-2010 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

New major TV drama CAMELOT will be shooting in Dublin and Wicklow starting June 28th. In similar vein to the tudors series, 6000 extras are needed to take part - it is paid work and a chance to rub shoulders with the stars. There will be two open casting days on tuesday June 8th & Wednesday June 9th between 11am & 7pm. This is a very quick and informal process, with each interested party filling out an application form and a headshot of each person taken. All ages, shapes and sizes welcome. If you cannot make it you can email CV and recent headshot to camelotextras1@yahoo.com or post to camelot extras department, ardmore film studios, herbert road, bray, co wicklow. For further info please call 012769421 OR 012769316.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Grey2k

Is there any benefit to turning up in Dublin or would emailing headshots and CV be as good.

Have we any idea how many days work would be involved, I'd imagine keeping 6000 on the books would add up quickly.

Are there any minor roles available for the wannabee actors amongst us?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

More info on the following?....

If we apply in person, do you take our headshot?

How much will each extra be needed?

Hours of work?

Rate of pay?

Shooting location(s) ?

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Where do we go for the open casting?

Where exactly will the sets be? If remote, what is transport like? Will there be parking?

From another post they made.

Filming will commence on June 28th. We are looking for 6000 extras to take part - quite similar to the tudors. It is paid work. We are running two days of open casting in Liberty Hall, Eden Quay, Dublin 1 on Tuesday 8th of June and Wednesday 9th between 11am and 7pm. If you are interested please come along to apply. For further info please call 012769421 OR 012769316. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Camelot Film Extras

Hi!

Open casting will be in Liberty Hall, Eden Quay, Dublin 1 on Tue 8th or Wed 9th June anytime between 11am and 7pm. We ask anyone interested to come to this. It will be the first source we will look at when casting extras, email address etc is a facility made available to those who cannot attend. The rates of pay are variable depending on hours worked and kind. About 70% will be filmed in Ardmore. The other locations are under discussion but will mainly be in or around the Dublin and Wicklow areas. I will be casting some speaking/special extras roles throughout the shoot. We try to provide free parking as much as possible. In some circumstances we run free buses. Open to all ages, shapes and sizes, come along if you are interested. We have application forms there for each person to fill out and we take each person's photo/headshot which we then match to the forms. If it is quiet when you attend, it normally takes about 10-15 mins to go through the process or if there is a queue, then it will take a little longer. If anyone is under 17, we ask they attend with a chaperone/guardian ie someone who will vouch for them and is 17 or over.

Hope this helps and see you there.

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Any idea of how often each extra would be needed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 laptophire

This is going to be such a fun shoot. Hope we get to be involved. I was disappointed that the HBO show Game of Thrones didn't shoot here in Dublin (or the south at all).

But here's our chance to bang on banquet tables and guzzle ale on camera!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 XelmoX

i will be away on holidays until June 30th. Should i still go for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

XelmoX wrote: »
    i will be away on holidays until June 30th. Should i still go for it?

I think i heard them say in there today that filming doesnt begin till the 28th and will go on for 6 months so i'd say your ok.
    You can also fill out on the form what dates your not available for!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭AshSmith

Hi, i'm interested enough in just being an extra, and in no way want any lines or anything, should i go along anyways?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lynseyp

Ash,

Definitely go for it, it's very rare that they would give someone who auditioned as an extra even a word to say so don't worry about that!

I went to casting yesterday morning, got there about 10:15 and there were 200 people ahead of me in the queue! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vanessa.b

I have been trying to email my picture and details but it wont send,anyone having trouble with the camelotextras1@yahoo.com address??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Camelot Film Extras

Hi!

Please use camelotextras1@gmail.com - cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lynseyp

Anyone have any idea how long it takes before they call back people who have been given parts as extras? It's just that I was going to go on a trip away but I've heard you have to be available for costume fitting!

Lynseyp wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how long it takes before they call back people who have been given parts as extras? It's just that I was going to go on a trip away but I've heard you have to be available for costume fitting!
    +1

Anyone been contacted yet?

In similar vein to the tudors series, 6000 extras are needed to take part
    Is that correct? I noticed a more recent ad says 600 needed

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm really hoping to hear back about this! I've been acting since I was a kid, but not done any TV work, just stage work (the Helix and such), so it'd be great to get an extra role.

When I went to the casting, it was about 11.30am on Wednesday. People were lovely, was only 10 minutes (including being in the queue outside!) and was interviewed by the Irish times :P Had a joke with the people doing the headshots because my boyfriend was too tall for their measurement chart (he's 6'8) and I was only like 5'2 or something.

I REALLY hope I get this! Wonder when any of us will hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

You will most likely only hear a few days or maybe a week or two before they need you. You can probably expect to be contacted at any stage up until november when they finish shooting. If it's anything like the Tudors, they will cast extras as they need them, so they won't be calling all 6000 straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

Wondering was anyone invited to costume fittings or at least a phone call from film makers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rowan89

I went on Tuesday with some friends. I have martial arts/horse riding/reenactment exp. Does anyone know if this means that I'll have a better chance at getting a part? No word back at all yet. Has anyone else heard anything? It would be great to get to be an extra in this!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

Anyone get the call??

ive to be down in Ardmore studios at 10am in the morning (Wednesday) Yeeeeeeeessss!! :)

By the way i told her id be coming up from the country so i wouldnt be using the free bus but now il be coming out from dublin. Anyone know where the pick up point is?

• Advertisement

I was told 2pm

and dont have a number to ring

Will try one off the ads

Anyone else get a call with diff times?

Is it just PPS no we need ?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

I was told 2 too...see you guys there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good luck guys. Let us know how you get on.

Did they say what you were being called for? Shooting isn't supposed to start until 28th, is this just a costume fitting for the day or are you working going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

Hey, it was actually for a costume fitting but all they took was my shoe size. I was given a number and we are going to be given the costume at a later date.

There was no filming but a lot of work was going on for the construction of the set. There was 15 in my group (10am) and we had to do over an hour of military training. Basically doing moves with a big shield and a pike as practice.

Im going to be a Pantagonan guard as was everyone else today. Seems to be a real urgency getting all of us sorted out and it was mentioned that we would be involved in a large amount of the filming. Good craic. Said we would get a call in the next 2 days to 2 weeks re filming.

Bit of advice to anyone else going out, do NOT get the 145 bus. I got is at 8.40am this morning and didnt arrive at Ardmore until 10.15am, stopped at every red light and but stop along the way. Thought i was going to get fired on my first day. Looks far on google maps but only actually a 15 minute walk from the DART which i got home! :)

I'm an Archer, woo!

We had a full costume try-on, and were told how to keep our hair / stubble

Did the military drills / marching, then some archery choreography

Handy if you drive, but can see parking fillin up easily on busy days, but theres loadsa residential areas to park nearby!

Up on IMDB now

No info though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quest_for_Camelot

Gna rent this for me homework :P

I'd have thought reading Le Morte d'Arthur would be a better bet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Morte_d%27Arthur

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Soldiers? Archers? Me jealous. :(

• Advertisement

Mark27 wrote: »
    Im going to be a Pantagonan guard
    Pendragon ;)

We shall be protectin King Arthur! Hurrahh

Advertisement