Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camelot film extras open casting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

How long before this song breaks out on set?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Hopefully never!

Hack of MP :rolleyes:

Anyone get a call to be there for the 28th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thelastshadow

So is that all the casting callbacks / fittings done?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lynseyp

So is that all the casting callbacks / fittings done?

I hope not! I really REALLY want a callback! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

I got a call today asking if i can be in for Wednesday for filming, so id guess anyone who hasnt been called for costume etc would be running out of time

Wed as in tomorrow, or next week?

You're a guard, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Well i know with the tudors (same casting people) when i went to the open casting i didnt get a call off them till about 3 months after!
    So theres hope yet!:D

Yeah, they're gna be callin people in in drips n drabs over the next 6 months

Wednesday as in next week (July). She said they would be putting on a free bus and she would ring me back tuesday with the details.

And yep, Pendragon Guard! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Don't be disheartened if you havnt been called yet. This is a big series and filming is taking palce for a few months. They'll need many more extras, not to mention many different varietes of extra, in the coming months.

Mark27 wrote: »
    Wednesday as in next week (July). She said they would be putting on a free bus and she would ring me back tuesday with the details.

And yep, Pendragon Guard! :D
    Was it just the one day yer needed for?

I'm an Archer so I think we'll only be used for battle scenes.

I wanna throw down my bow and have a knife-fight with an enemy who manages to scale the walls! :P

I dont know how many days its for because i was dying to go the toilet when she rang so i was in too much of a hurry to ask her.

Archer sounds good but i suppose it depends on how much work you're going to get. Think il take the pike over the bow in this case! Let the violence begin!! ;)

Yeah, you'll defo be needed more

But Archers look the shiz! Esp on the top of a CASTLE

Holdin me bow SIDEWAYS

Yeowwwwww :P

Got a call today to say they overbooked the extras for tomoro so no dice :(

everyone else confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Got a call today. Going for costume fitting tomorrow and working Monday to Thursday I think.

Hope its a good laugh. Any one else hear anything? Anyone know what the pay is like or when I can expect to get paid?

Thanks

Did they say what you're gna be?

Got paid €20 for the 2 hour fitting. Havent received it though, so not sure when. I'm assumin a cheque will come in the post

I was called for filming yday, but then they cancelled, so dno when Ill be filming again

boo :(

No they didn't tell me what I was going to be. Just that I have a costume fitting tomorrow for about half an hour, then work Monday- Wednesday and maybe Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

I got close to €300 for two days on the tudors, but in saying that they were two VERY long days and there was overtime on that too. But the pay is good enough, id do it for free to be honest :D.

Just got a text (and two missed calls), filming on Monday has been postponed and that they will call when they know the new dates.

Great

• Advertisement

Did you have your costume fitting? If so, what you playing?

It all seems very inefficient at the mo

unreggd wrote: »
    Did you have your costume fitting? If so, what you playing?

It all seems very inefficient at the mo

Coronation Male or something like that. Not sure of the exact spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭fergisimo

Just applied. Hope I'm not too late. Was an extra in The Wind That Shakes The Barley, fantastic day on set!

Anyone done any filming yet ??

Yea. I was in all day Wednesday and Thursday. Was good fun. Was in at 630am both days and left around 7/8pm. Got about 130 for each day. Hopefully I'll get another call soon.

If any one has any questions I'll try my best to answer them.

cool. Have u been paid yet? I still wasnt paid for me costume fitting. Dno how it works

unreggd wrote: »
    cool. Have u been paid yet? I still wasnt paid for me costume fitting. Dno how it works

No haven't been paid yet. Heard you get a cheque in the post a week or two after. But not sure how correct that info is.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    No haven't been paid yet. Heard you get a cheque in the post a week or two after. But not sure how correct that info is.

That's how the Tudors worked. Did they ask for your PPS number?

Galvasean wrote: »
    That's how the Tudors worked. Did they ask for your PPS number?

Yea they took our PPS numbers. Can't wait to get some money! :D

• Advertisement

Anyone in, in the morning? Were getting picked up at 6.15am :eek: and working until about 7pm he said. Its my second day of proper filming and thought the first day was alright, filming on a made up castle up in Sallygap. First half of the day was good but it kind of dragged after that i felt. Just soldiers and archers and the main cast were used. Seriously envied Eva Green, she came on set for 5 minutes of sitting on a horse and went away again. Then her double did the rest of the filming for her. Its going to be another long day tomorrow for the minium wage, god i wish i could find a proper job again and try get my career back on track!!

Got paid aswell yesterday, days wages, costume fitting and 30e for food allowance so was alright.

Advertisement