Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congratulations thugs

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

+1

Garda Hehir is a great cop - no surprises there

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

rco2000 wrote: »
    +1

Garda Hehir is a great cop - no surprises there

No surprises at all, it is his job.

Sorry rco2000 I don't mean to be picking on you so please don't take that personally, I'm just being cheeky!

The point that I'm trying to get a across and the point the another poster is making is the lack of Garda action on the matter. During the summer or early 2010, there was an 'Operation' in Tuam that saw some reinforcements from the Guards in Galway etc. which seen these boys arrested. The following Wednesday, this was all over the front page of the Herald and the 'Letters to the Editor' was filled with congratulations of the Guards. And there was nothing more said or done about it after that, NOTHING.

Lads, this is your job, it's what ye are paid to do. Where are ye when people are being assaulted. I seen more Guards in the que(*or in the process of skipping it!*) of Supermac's & Mario's than on the beat. It can't be one off Sting Operations, it really does need to be a Zero Tolerance, all the time, every weekend and get the message across. It's a fairly predictable pattern in fairness, Weekends, do what ye normally do during the week.

2 months in St Pats gives these lads something to boast about and costs the state money. Thousends was spent cleaning up Gilmartin Rd, why not give these lads bright Jumpsuits and put them to work. The finger pointing and sniggers would be more punishment for the likes of these twirps!

I hope this is just the start of Garda Hehir's arrests and I really do hope that his and his collegues work is followed on by the other elements of the legal system.....as for the 'Three Strikes' Rule or the 'he was drunk and hopes to go to Australia' defence in the Courts; don't even get me started.

I'll save my congratulation for the Garda when they go above and beyond the call of duty, not for this sorta stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I wonder does gda Hehir know he is been talked about. Tuam is not a one man station btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some posts removed.
    I'm sure it's all innocent but naming Gardai and location could be inviting trouble.
    If you want to discuss GAA people there's the GAA forum, or just take it to PM.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tuam85

biko wrote: »
    Some posts removed.
    I'm sure it's all innocent but naming Gardai and location could be inviting trouble.
    If you want to discuss GAA people there's the GAA forum, or just take it to PM.
    Thanks.

Biko you really do ruin the freedom of speech... There was nothing of a negative or insulting term used about anyone named.... This is an open forum where for once credit was given to the gardai involved...

I'm interested what trouble you believe this could cause...

If this was a GAA thread would you allow us to name players involved in a match??? Or would we have to tippy toe around name them for fear it may cause trouble???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭hoorsmelt

This is ridiculous. The mindless fools who are involved in these 'gangs' are probably from very wealthy backgrounds, spoiled children who've never worked a day in their lives, and have nothing better to do than make up silly names for themselves. FFS, that's the kind of stuff 9 year olds do, while wearing pirate hats and building playhouses. It would be hilarious if it weren't for the fact that they move in packs attacking those they don't like. If they think they're hard, they should take a trip down to St Marys Park in Limerick and try putting their illiterate graffitti on the walls there.

Tuam85, I know that there was nothing malicious intended and the reason for removal is that information posted could be maybe used to locate these guards (for any reason). If that were to happen because of something posted here it'd be bad.

Btw, boards.ie doesn't have freedom of speech. It's a privately owned site with appointed volunteer mods who give up time to help keep the site away from legal threats and general trouble.

If you further want to discuss moderation of this site you can either PM me or ask in the Feedback forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

biko Sorry I should not have mentioned where the garda moved to. apologies for the hassle.

But the guard only moved to Dunmore station if you rang Tuam Garda station they'd tell you that its not like the post said guard x has moved and lives at 201 make up street, Dunmore, Galway...

I'm sure if these mindless idiots wanted to get him they'd know where he is or just possible just throwing it out there because he is involved in national sport they might just go to a match to get him...

Hopefully you can see how pointless the removal of the comments are???

Stop derailing thread.
    If you need to discuss this further use the options above.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Stop derailing thread.
    If you need to discuss this further use the options above.

Again I have to wonder... How is this derailing a thread on thugs??? Surely the people of Tuam who are, at the end of the day the victims of unprovoked attacks by these thugs, have a right to know exactly which guards in the station they can go and speak in confidence and know that their complaint will be dealt with?

As in every station there are a number of guards who won't provided the assistance required... So it nice to know that before you go to the station you can go in and ask for a particular guard and speak in confidence with them.

Now if this is derailing the thread I will cease to contribute to this thread....

This is my last request, if you have issues or questions about how boards is run then PM me or start a thread in Feedback.
    I am not familiar with Tuam station but hopefully any Garda there can help if someone has been attacked.

Back to the topic of the thugs and what a nuisance they are :D

Did you know?
    The English word "thug" comes from the Hindi word "thag", meaning "conman". It is one of many Indian words borrowed into English during the British colonial period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Ah sure ya learn something new every day Biko. ;):D The University of life n' all that jazz! :D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭1992

This entire post has made Tuam seem like a gang-rampaged ruin of a place. I'm a young person who has lived in Tuam all my life and I am proud to say that this is where I am from.

I go out most Saturday nights, am in Tuam town quite often and went to school in Tuam for five years up until recently. Never once have I or any of my friends or family felt in any way scared or intimidated in this town. The majority of people are welcoming and friendly. A lot of people are talking about an issue that they nothing about on this post. I'm not condoning what these "gangs" have done but people are stereotyping the town of Tuam because of some happenings that happen in many many parts of the country.

It's pretty much a fact around Tuam that an uncapable town councilor exagerated these "gangs" and brought more inappropriate negative publicity to the town. I had to LOL when i read a post saying "I thought Limerick was bad, then I came to Tuam". That to me is a ridiculous thing to say. Tuam is a very nice place to live. Fair enough it has its bad points but what town in Ireland doesn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭1992

1992 wrote: »
    I'm not condoning what these "gangs" have done but people are stereotyping the town of Tuam because of some happenings that happen in many many parts of the country.

*... people are stereotyping the town of Tuam because of some incidents that have happend here in the last year or so, but these sort of incidents happen in many many parts of teh country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Epic thread *subscribes*

Tuam85 wrote: »
    I have to say fair play to some of the gardai I heard that Garda Hehir arrest on of the individuals and the judge gave him 2 months in St pats prison. That's one problem gone only a few more to go

Just felt this thread near some positive news for the guards and to show the thugs are being rounded up

This little **** is back out.... Excuse the abusive language but the criminal justice system is completely ridiculous... Gardai get the bastards to court the judge sentences them and then the prison say sorry mate we are full we are gonna have to release you immidietly on temporary release... Oh please don't reoffend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

I think the person referred to was given a two months suspended prison sentence on condition that he pays the appropriate compensation to Garda Hehir. The case is due before the courts again in June and if the compensation is not paid, then the prison sentence will kick in.

Advertisement