Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U20 Manager - election

Options
  • 31-05-2010 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Fellow managers,

I am asking you to elect me as the new U20 manager.

As a community we have worked hard over the last 2 seasons assembling a squad of players with one thing in mind - winning the S10 U20 World Cup. We are now half way through this project, and I would like to lead this team the rest of the way to complete what we set out to do. Those of you that frequent the offsite will know about our UTP, and will have witnessed the work that both Gringo and myself have put in, to get to where we are today. I do believe that we are in a very strong position to challenge for this trophy. I know these players like the back of my hand at this stage, and I know that we can shape these players into world beaters.

So about myself :-

I am a manager playing this game since season 5. I am currently competing in Division III, league 7. I do believe that I have an excellent grasp of tactics, and I am very analytical and thorough when it comes to scouting opponents. I have just assisted RuffMcTumble in his quest to become Season 8 champions, and I believe that this experience stands me in good stead to continue the success that the U20 Irish side has had. We were beaten narrowly in the final, and I want to push our squad that one extra step.

For the last 2 seasons, I have also been an assistant journalist to Pingwin. I am a very active member on the Irish offsite, and I do believe that my commitment to this game, and to the Irish cause is rock solid.

If any of you have any questions that you wish to ask, please do not hesitate.

Many thanks,

Jprender

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Jp, after seeing how well you did assisting Ruff and all the effort you put into the UTP you definetly have my vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

jprender wrote: »

3y - 4x - 7a + 5q = 73

Solve for X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

X = 1 vote

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Fellow managers,

As a community we have worked hard over the last 2 seasons assembling a squad of players with one thing in mind - winning the S10 U20 World Cup. We are now half way through this project, and I would like to lead this team the rest of the way to complete what we set out to do. Those of you that frequent the offsite will know about our UTP, and will have witnessed the work that both Gringo and myself have put in, to get to where we are today. I do believe that we are in a very strong position to challenge for this trophy. I know these players like the back of my hand at this stage, and I know that we can shape these players into world beaters.

So about myself :-

I am a manager playing this game since season 5. I am currently competing in Division III, league 7. I do believe that I have an excellent grasp of tactics, and I am very analytical and thorough when it comes to scouting opponents. I have just assisted RuffMcTumble in his quest to become Season 8 champions, and I believe that this experience stands me in good stead to continue the success that the U20 Irish side has had. We were beaten narrowly in the final, and I want to push our squad that one extra step.

For the last 2 seasons, I have also been an assistant journalist to Pingwin. I am a very active member on the Irish offsite, and I do believe that my commitment to this game, and to the Irish cause is rock solid.

Many thanks,

Jprender

JP you have my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

JP you have my vote, you did great work assisting Ruff this season, culminating with the narrow loss to NZ. so you continuing the U20 role would give stability and continuity that would enable us to kick on even higher. :)

• Advertisement

X = 1 vote

Outstanding JP. Of course, you have my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

vote +1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Do you really think you had to ask?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I was about to vote for JP, but then I noticed some random chap from OZ had also entered and went for him instead. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

3y - 4x - 7a + 5q = 73

Solve for X

*waits for Mar-Z to solve it*

Ah sure yeah, you did a swell job and I hope you continue to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

My vote for Jprender is official.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    *waits for Mar-Z to solve it*

Ah sure yeah, you did a swell job and I hope you continue to do so.

You have no speech up. can't vote until you have a speech dear chap!

eoferrall wrote: »
    You have no speech up. can't vote until you have a speech dear chap!

Why would I have a speech? What?

It says you have gone for Journalist....

eoferrall wrote: »
    It says you have gone for Journalist....

Can somebody nominate you for a position? Cause I didn't put myself forward, though I was considering it alright.

Can somebody nominate you for a position? Cause I didn't put myself forward, though I was considering it alright.

Not sure, didn't ever consider it yet so never looked into it. but you are the only one running at the moment!

Ya they just have to type your id number or name in and you'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

JP you have my vote.
    Looks like we are in the same league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Someone voted for you fewcifur ;)

Now write a speech if you want the job goddammit !!!

Someone voted for you fewcifur ;)

Now write a speech if you want the job goddammit !!!

Can I revolutionize the job by not really knowing what it entails and just stamping my own brand of kapow on it? I think I can! Speech writing is go!

• Advertisement

ajeffares wrote: »
    JP you have my vote.

Looks like we are in the same league

Holy fudgcicles! Jeff is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

I'll be voting for you JP!!! Hip hip...

I gave a candidate speech a season ago about whacking hurley's off miss-performing players heads, feel free to use that rousing piece of rhetoric if you wish.

Orizio wrote: »
    I gave a canditate speech a season ago about whacking hurley's off miss-performing players heads, feel free to use that rousing piece of rhetoric if you wish.

Now you tell me! Gah, suppose I can edit my current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Voted, last season was great. Good luck in the World Cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

Just read your PM, awsome! Simply inspiring read.

Then I voted :D......Keep up the good work

Holy fudgcicles! Jeff is back!

I get this everytime I make a post:D

Ah Jeff's returned to reclaim his rightful position as my right hand man.

Thanks for the help Dave, don't let the door...

Orizio wrote: »
    Ah Jeff's returned to reclaim his rightful position as my right hand man.

Thanks for the help Dave, don't let the door...

right hand man? I thought it was the other way around:D
    I'm lovin the new youth acadamy

• Advertisement

ajeffares wrote: »
    right hand man? I thought it was the other way around:D
    I'm lovin the new youth acadamy

It's like something out of Robinhood. Jeff coming back from the crusades etc. Nice.

Advertisement