Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Aid Course

• 30-05-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys,
    I really need to do a first aid course but dont have much time to do one. I am emigrating and need to have an updated one for a job. If anyone has information on up coming courses around the country, it would be greatly appreciated. Kildare or Dublin would be places I could attend if doing one in June and Clare or Limerick would be places I could travel to in July. However, if there are any other locations around the country holding courses i would be interested also. I've been onto The Order of Malta and they are not holding any besides the end of July in Dublin City Centre, which is leaving it a bit late for me. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

Hi guys,
    I really need to do a first aid course but dont have much time to do one. I am emigrating and need to have an updated one for a job. If anyone has information on up coming courses around the country, it would be greatly appreciated. Kildare or Dublin would be places I could attend if doing one in June and Clare or Limerick would be places I could travel to in July. However, if there are any other locations around the country holding courses i would be interested also. I've been onto The Order of Malta and they are not holding any besides the end of July in Dublin City Centre, which is leaving it a bit late for me. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Try the irish red cross website or st johns ambulance and they should have listings there for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

As far as I know the Red Cross are holding occupational first aid courses over the summer months and they take three full days to do. They cost around the €250 mark.
    Give them a shout, here are their contact details : http://www.limerickredcross.org/contact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

There are also a number of other commercial training companies that offer first aid courses around Dublin and Kildare, you could try with those if the other suggestions don't come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

St John Ambulance is holding an OFA course 29/30 June and 1 July. It is held in our National HQ in Dublin.

Please feel free to contact them on www.sja.ie or tel 6688077 9am -1pm mon-fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Go on to the different organizations website's, get a list of local units and ring each one and ask them. You would have a good chance there is a course on and HQ are not aware of or have full access to the times etc.

If you explain why your looking they might put you onto a private course they are running. We have done it before. The commercials are another option, http://ofaaa.com/find_instructor.php?pid=Mjg= and start ringing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 lilmissgiggles

Thanks for all the help guys, I've a good few options open to me, so looks like I'll get one done, phew!:)

Advertisement