Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what style do you hate?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

and the best style is jeans or cantos or o'neils with a hoody

An there was me thinking this was a 'Fashion&Appearance' thread, not a what to wear to a Garda Line-up.

JK

My favorite style is the indie style, converse shoes HAVE to be the most comfortable/ most stylish shoes of all time.

Least favorite style would HAVE to be this recent chav 'trend' of tucking their 'trackie-bottoms' or 'cantos'
    (How I believe they call them, the was me thinking the brand was actually 'Canturbury of New Zealand', go figure..)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I hate this floral trend, florals bloody everywhere and what annoys me is that they're not done well either, most of them look cheap. I used to like florals before this.

Yup I'm with you in this one big time and most of the floral stuff is made with bad quality fabrics, in terrible cuts and then they go and stick big black zips on them wtf like? I'm so sick of mainstream fashion popularizing things I like so I can't wear them anymore without looking like a fashion lemming. I'll never forgive the industry for ruining boho and hippy style for the people who always appreciated it and didn't just wear it because topshop said to! I've noticed that thrifting and vintage (or at least vintage immitation) is becoming popular is nothing sacred!? It's ridiculous. Can't believe the new trend of wearing trackies tucked into white socks it's hideous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I also don't like the tracksuit tucked into socks thing! Girls who have the bright orange faces, bright yellow bleached hair and wear those bright pink velour tracksuits... actually any velour tracksuits!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Yup I'm with you in this one big time and most of the floral stuff is made with bad quality fabrics, in terrible cuts and then they go and stick big black zips on them wtf like? I'm so sick of mainstream fashion popularizing things I like so I can't wear them anymore without looking like a fashion lemming. I'll never forgive the industry for ruining boho and hippy style for the people who always appreciated it and didn't just wear it because topshop said to! I've noticed that thrifting and vintage (or at least vintage immitation) is becoming popular is nothing sacred!? It's ridiculous. Can't believe the new trend of wearing trackies tucked into white socks it's hideous!

IA. I'm not fashion snob in the slightest buts its this high and mighty attitude that people have "Oh it's vintage.... from Urban Outfitters" or "It's thrifted" in a voice that says, its just such an alternative pursuit and so non-mainstream that only alts like myself would know about it. Of course I am so unique that I have paired this jacket with a topshop dress, how's that for going against the grain.
    Live and let live, anyone is entitled to go charity shopping, the vintage thing has gotten out of hand, I would happily pay money for a well made, quality vintage item but because its 'vintage' (or more commonly now an oversized jumper from the 80s that yer ma probably has) it suddenly justifies the inflated price?? I hate the snobbery surrounding it.

Sorry rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    People who look like they play or are obsessed with rugby especially college jocks.

Based only in the Dublin Colleges, and wouldn't go as far as calling them "jocks".These folk are usually wiped out after the first semester or if they're lucky after results of first year summer exams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Pyjamas at day time and trackies tucked into socks or with bobbins around the bottom :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hate the tracksuits tucked into socks too and have only noticed it happening over the last couple of months where I live. :rolleyes:

I hate people wearing sunglasses in shops or in the evening or anywhere where there isn't sun. Gigantic bug-eye looking sunglasses that have an enormous Dolce and Gabanna emblem taking over half the person's face. Jesus, you have expensive sunglasses, we fecking get it, just learn when to wear them idiot.

Also hate all the luminous crap young girls are wearing, man it looks cheap and gives me a headache. North Main Street in Cork is like walking head first into a ride in Funderland.

I like check shirts but hate that when I wear one I feel like part of a boy band (I'm a girl) so wear them open with a string top under. I've also been wearing them since I've been in school. I also love the floral look and you can get some really nice tops out there, I got a lovely one in A-wear with lovely browns and pinks through it. I also love converse. Saw some rocking see-through ones in Florida and wish I could have added them to my collection! :)

The end. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

TopShop hipsters; that whole OMG-cooler-than-thou-lets-have-a-gaff-party-and-listen-to-the-Drums-while-wearing-leggings-and-plaid-shirts thing really annoys me :mad:

People who dress like they wandered off the set of Gossip Girl...it wasnt a good look in the 90's, it's not a good look now so take that hairband off, you plonker!

Ah. Thats better, rant over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

ridiculous-sock-outfit.jpg

38_BermudaShorts_Shaw.jpg
    optimizedshorts-with-dress-socks1.jpg

061309_zacloseshispants.jpgNO :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Scene. You all look like twats without exception

And lol plaid shirts on straight girls. I have no gaydar...all I can go on is plaid shirts! Stop confusing me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Scene. You all look like twats without exception

And lol plaid shirts on straight girls. I have no gaydar...all I can go on is plaid shirts! Stop confusing me!

You have seen straight girls wearing plaid shirts :eek:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

caseyann wrote: »
    You have seen straight girls wearing plaid shirts :eek:

I blame the fact that there's been lots of plaid shirts in River Island and Penneys for ages now. It's conflustering my bloody gaydar!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Topics prohibited by the forum charter...

> calling an item of clothing or style or grooming choice 'gay', etc. The way one dresses does not define sexual preferences

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Of course it doesn't define sexual preferences, it was a joke about gaydar. I never said they were gay in a bad way, I'm wearing one right now. Considering two gay people (Myself and rainbowkirby) said it I think its ok. We have to go on something to spot other lesbos, we're not mindreaders :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Yep I understand all that however if I stomp all over posters for inferring that pink shirts = gay then I'm gonna stomp all over people for inferring check shirts = gay.
    It's a policy used here to stop people using the term 'gay' as an offensive descriptor of clothing and I'm sure that you'll see the sense in that. It has kicked off numerous trainwreck threads in the past and thats why it's been written into the charter.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Yep I understand all that however if I stomp all over posters for inferring that pink shirts = gay then I'm gonna stomp all over people for inferring check shirts = gay.
    It's a policy used here to stop people using the term 'gay' as an offensive descriptor of clothing and I'm sure that you'll see the sense in that. It has kicked off numerous trainwreck threads in the past and thats why it's been written into the charter.

OK, see your point, won't do it again :)

Advertisement