Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Top Ten (Worst) Games Ever!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Love GnG. It's one of those frustratingly hard games that has you gritting your teeth and going back for more. And getting a little further. and dying again.And gritting your teeth. And going back for more. And getting a little fur... you get the picture.

Pure addictive gaming, tho I don't think I could ever afford to play it for long in an Arcade. C64 all the way!:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Super Grafx had the best version as well as the X68000. However if you don't want to had to buy a console with only 6 releases on it or an obscure and highly sought after japanese home micocomputer then the megadrive conversion is arcade perfect other than minor graphical changes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ghouls and Ghosts, Ghosts and Goblins, two great, tough games.
    Hard, but you die because it's your own damn fault!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭paultheviking

(Showing my age here)

Barbarian on the 130xe.. all you had to do was pull back and press fire.. and you chopped off the baddies head.. easiest and worst game EVER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

(Showing my age here)

Barbarian on the 130xe.. all you had to do was pull back and press fire.. and you chopped off the baddies head.. easiest and worst game EVER!!

Barbarian on the Speccy was the first time I ever experienced proper videogame violence/gore. It blew my mind.

• Advertisement

lol, this tread really brings back fond childhood imemories...
    like having to leave the bedroom while BountyBob loaded (OVER 700 counts!!!) because vibration of walking around would cause it to crash!!!

*wipes a tear*:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

(Showing my age here)

Jesus after reading that it brought back a memory od seeing a game an a mates old Amstrad. Im certain it was called Barbarian, and the monitor was black & green.

Master of the Universe

like having to leave the bedroom while BountyBob loaded (OVER 700 counts!!!) because vibration of walking around would cause it to crash!!!

*wipes a tear*:rolleyes:

Well I dare not step anywhere near my xbox 360 when the disc drive is working for fear of a scratched disc. So I guess nothing has really changed in the last 25 years :D
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Jesus after reading that it brought back a memory od seeing a game an a mates old Amstrad. Im certain it was called Barbarian, and the monitor was black & green.

Did a little guy come out and drag the severed head away? As kids we found that hilarious.

kicked the head..

barbarian-208597-1233625787.jpeg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm.. Barbarian 1 and 2 kind of have the donkey kong country effect. They looked amazing at the time and got really high review scores but are a bit crap now. I read on eurogamer that there was uproar about the games covers since they both featured scantily clad page 3 models.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did a little guy come out and drag the severed head away? As kids we found that hilarious.

Actually he DID!!! :D Seeing that on a dual chrome screen was actually now my earliest memory of seeing a video game. Had to have been over 20 years ago now :) The same computer ran Postman Pat, and you had to deliver parcels etc, as a kid I used to think that game was so deep :rolleyes: cause it wasnt just about shooting spaceships :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

kicked the head..
    He did both.My next door neighbour had it when I was about 5/6.Couldnt stop laughing the 1st time I saw it :D

Best C64 game for sadistic gore was Creatures 1 and 2.

Sat throught the intro to Deadly Premonition & played a few mins in. Need food so gonna take a break & resume later. Graphically its weak, almost PS2 level. It has several texture probs including clipping. The control system is flawed, more so the camera control - but under the issues, it seems like it might actually be very good. The direction is clearly not PAL, some of it is bizarre, almost Silent Hill level of insanity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silenoz

Here is my list.
    1. Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing
    It's an abomination. A beautiful, terrifying abomination.

This can't be real! Wow, that looks terrible.

btw. Double Dragon on the 2600 (I still can't believe they ported it). Absolute crap. I have to mention Street Fighter 2 on the C64 and the Amiga. Both terrible. Amiga looked okay until you actually played it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hmm.. Barbarian 1 and 2 kind of have the donkey kong country effect. They looked amazing at the time and got really high review scores but are a bit crap now. I read on eurogamer that there was uproar about the games covers since they both featured scantily clad page 3 models.

You need to stop basing your opinions on gaming websites and podcasts Retr0! DKC is the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

silenoz wrote: »
    This can't be real! Wow, that looks terrible.

btw. Double Dragon on the 2600 (I still can't believe they ported it). Absolute crap. I have to mention Street Fighter 2 on the C64 and the Amiga. Both terrible. Amiga looked okay until you actually played it.

205620-carz_2008_07_22_12_34_26_82_super.jpg
    oh it's real :D

The best thing about that game is that the reverse gear has no speed cap meaning you just keep accelerating until you PC can't keep up and a space time continuum forms. It's like that bit in the Wizard were Fred Savage isplaying Rad Racer with the power glove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

I too, love the power glove.:P

Master of the Universe

Augmerson wrote: »
    You need to stop basing your opinions on gaming websites and podcasts Retr0! DKC is the win!

I think he's just easily brainwashed. Fairly sure I saw him hanging out with a bunch of Hare Krishnas in town the other day.

• Advertisement

They always seem so free spirited those Hare Krishna folks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seen Retro pull this stunt before, makes a personal judgement call on a game, here it's DKC, and then makes out that it's a universally held opinion and continues with his rant.
    Ah well, that's kids for ya!
    It amazing really how much it all reminds me of Jesus!
    http://www.videogamesforjesus.com/Video_Games_For_Jesus/Home_Page.html

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Seen Retro pull this stunt before, makes a personal judgement call on a game, here it's DKC, and then makes out that it's a universally held opinion and continues with his rant.
    Ah well, that's kids for ya!
    It amazing really how much it all reminds me of Jesus!
    http://www.videogamesforjesus.com/Video_Games_For_Jesus/Home_Page.html

Where did you get that popcorn o1s1n, I suspect we may need it again :D

Maybe I just don't rate the game. Still the fact remains that DKC is better than Halo.

You have failed the first test in 'recognising a blatant troll 101'.

www.boards.ie is proud to present - Battle of The Mod Men

This pay per view event is sponsored by daft.ie

Let's test that out:

Halo is shit.

I was just on the way home at 5:59 and suddenly I had this terribly feeling as if millions of gamers everywhere had cried out in horror and anguish, and then silence...

Augmerson wrote: »
    I was just on the way home at 5:59 and suddenly I had this terribly feeling as if millions of gamers everywhere had cried out in horror and anguish, and then silence...

You sure you wernt stopping by Alderan on the way home :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

4488.jpg

I have no idea if the driving parts are even any good as the first mission had you running up several staircases with a character who has a turning circle larger than most trucks trying to avoid being shot!

Absolutely awful game.

Command & Conquer 4 is also brutal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement