Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

family pet beaten to death in kerry

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i find this has had an impact on me,
    as yesterday i was going away for the day with friends, i called to collect them at their house, there was a dog very much like the one they had old just like it, i asked them if they were putting their dog in for safety, they asked why, i said remember the poor dog that looked like this one that died the most terrible cruel callous death at the hands of some idle monster.
    that was something i had never done

i would not place blame on anyone until the culprit is caught, it might surprise the lot of us.
    but then again cannot think what kind of parasite would do this cruel deed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Discodog wrote: »
    It's not just about animal welfare. It is also about sticking up for & supporting your neighbours. This man is a potential threat to everyone in the area. The attitude in a lot of rural Ireland is to not interfere & that has often resulted in bullies getting away with it.

Amen to this; once more how right you are.

We are now getting active agression from the man who had the pony locked up six months; this morning he has thrown a bucket at me and threatened me with violence. I saw him coming and had the Gardai on the phone when he came nearer so they heard every word he said, every threat.

All they did was warn him and tell me not to go near him. "We don't really want to take this to court."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Graces7 wrote: »
    Amen to this; once more how right you are.

We are now getting active agression from the man who had the pony locked up six months; this morning he has thrown a bucket at me and threatened me with violence. I saw him coming and had the Gardai on the phone when he came nearer so they heard every word he said, every threat.

All they did was warn him and tell me not to go near him. "We don't really want to take this to court."

That's awful. I hope it is just threats, I'd be very scared of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

morganafay wrote: »
    That's awful. I hope it is just threats, I'd be very scared of him.

Thank you...

No, not just threats. yesterday we had a visit from the owner of this rented cottage, telling us he needs it now to live in and giving us 4 weeks notice.

We have no doubt that this man is behind this and has spread lies about us to the owner.

Another of these close knit communities of course.

He cannot legally evict us of course as we have a lease, but we are now house hunting of course. Exhausting business. I am old with health issues,and this is too much.

The Gardai arrived in three minutes flat thankfully. By then he had called all his mates and cars were streaming in.. the Garda watched and said he did not like that.

The words of Discodog keep echoing in my mind.. that if you live in rural Ireland and care about animals, then you cannot be on good terms with your neighbours.

Please God we find somewhere decent now.....

But what can anyone do when there is this abuse going on?

And when the "official" channels do nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ciars84

I am just seeing this now. Absolutely sickening and horrific for the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

Vigilante Justice. I don't condone it, but i understand ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Dioza wrote: »
    Vigilante Justice. I don't condone it, but i understand ;)
    has there been any update on this.
    have the police caught the monster who brutally killed the dog yet

Advertisement