Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I remain staunch FF

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

I think that it is a given at this point that no other Party would have saved Anglo. FF have skin in the game here. Including Anglo in the guarantee has brought all the other banks down with it and the economy has suffered. Simply saying that Anglo is "of systemic importance" is not enough you have to give an explanation why it is systemic before you rob the tax payer of tens of billions.

According to McWilliams these banks are not able to borrow money. The guarantee has failed, NAMA has failed (or rather succeeded in its true objective, that of taking billions from the taxpayer to prop up failed developers and save the D4 set from bankruptcy)

NAMA just a bailout for the professional classes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Anglo was rotten and doesn't have many regular savings. It was a developer bank as been said many times.

It should have been let die. The investors would have accepted their loss.

Saving a toxic bank has hurt the other banks IMO as it gave everyone reason to question all the banks if the government was saving both toxic banks and banks in trouble. If they had let Anglo die but saved the others, the markets would have seen that the government was not just saving all banks but saving banks with potential.

When you look at who had money invested in Anglo though, it starts to make sense why the government decided to save it despite it flying in the face of logic.

There is only one sane reason to have saved Anglo and that is a large number of pension funds were invested in it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Anglo may need further euro8bn

This after the 2b last weekend
    The final costs of the Anglo Irish bailout can’t be quantified until the scale of the bank’s losses and its future plans are determined, Cowen said.

They still haven't a clue exactly how much this "systemic" bank is going to cost the taxpayer
    “Let’s recall Lehman Brothers was a much smaller bank in the U.S. system than this bank was in the Irish system,” Cowen said. “We know the consequences when that bank was let go to the wall.”

Still desparately trying to make a comaprison between Anglo and Lehmans

And the boul' Seanie fires a shot across the bow

My day will come-Fitzpatrick

In other words "back off or i'll talk"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

OP: Are you proud of your party trying to rescheduling Dail hours and business this morning? Are you proud of the Ceann Comhairle still acting like an FFer?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Mr FitzPatrick (61), who is at the centre of investigations by the garda fraud squad and the Director of Corporate Enforcement, also hit out at media coverage of his role in the banking scandal.

He complained he was being "harassed" by photographers everywhere he went.

"It is not right. It is not fair," he added. "A lot of things which have been printed about me have been wrong. But I will have my day."

Jeeze seanie it's funny I am always saying the exact same thing.

It's not right and it is not fair that I and my family are going to be paying probably for the rest of my life for your F**K UPS in creating a bank that decided the only business to invest it's money in was a short term over hyped construction bubble.

You know what seanie your have some f***ing neck on ya.
    Perhaps it would be better after a bit of a stretch.

According to himself he did nothing wrong.

Most people would be ashamed to say they were so grossly inept, negligent and limited at their jobs that not alone did they sink their bank, left all the shareholders/owners with nothing, but that they have affectively helped sink the entire financial system and economy of their own country.

Except in seanies case he sees hmself as a victim.
    What a piece of useless self serving arrogant sh**.

• Advertisement
Advertisement