Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50-50 finishes in march 2011. C16 is last recruitment for a while.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I agree with you - but if they have to send vetting off to other agencies, and as you say, they are still vetting you from 2008, is that realistic?

I know it is not fair - there are plenty of people over the past number of years who've been treated unfairly when it comes to PSNI recruitment though.

As far as I can see though, if they have to fill the spaces and they can only do it with people who have cleared vetting, then they have to move on to the next person who has cleared vetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jay_Man

If thats the case Merit placing is irrelevant. Its whoever Vetting clears the quickest haha.

I emailed them about my Vetting from 08 and they said:

"If there is a place for you and you pass vetting, it will be kept for you regardless of how much time passes."

I imagine this would still be the case.

Well I don't know JayMan - if you read the letter all appointments will be made and you are advised not to defer as you may not get a place.

Well merit placing wouldn't be irrelevant in this case, it would be used to select the next person.....

In some respects merit placing has been irrelevant to certain unfortunate people throughout the 50-50 process. i.e. those who have missed out because of community background, they will have had higher merit placing than other people who are given a space......

I would like to hear the official line on this - yes it is not fair if you lose a place because vetting is not complete, but at the same time if they have to fill the spaces and you can't be offered a place on the basis that you have not got security clearance, then what else can they do but got to the next qualified person on the list?

Are you still in with a shout from the 2008 campaign then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jay_Man

Your right wanadrum, rang appointments there and they confirmed it. Such a joke..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Which means a lot of people who have spent time abroad , from the Republic or have other factors which impact vetting will be severely dissappointed - makes something of a mockery of the Merit list.

• Advertisement

The same could be said for anyone who has applied over the past number of years and not got a place even though others who have scored lower have got in.

Still not fair.

Advertisement