Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that bug me about Trek (post-Original Series)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

I actually posted this in another thread but it applies here too, I think what it comes down to for me beyond the war arcs and the splosions (as you put it) is that DS9 simply had the more interesting interpersonal relationships.

TNG had:
    1. Picard/Data
    2. Picard/Guinan
    3. La'forge/Data
    DS9 had :
    1. Sisko/Jake
    2. Sisko/Kira
    3. Sisko/Dukat
    4. Sisko/Eddington
    5. Kira/Dukat
    6. Kira/Odo
    7. Odo/Quark
    8. O Brien/Bashir
    9. Bashir/Garak
    10. Dukat/Weyoun
    11. Damar/weyoun
    Now I may have missed a few on both sides but you get the picture, not to diss TNG but DS9 simply has the more varied, fun and interesting character dynamics .
    But surely the point of sci-fi is the explosions, wars and technology? Interpersonal relationships are for Home and Away. Maybe I'm missing something here but when Sci - Fi gets too soap operatic I switch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

born2bwild wrote: »
    I never liked Quark but you're right about Travis: he's a tool. Yoshi is hot, though and before you deride my superficiality let me do it first: Me, Yoshi, T'Pol, Seven of nine and, sorry about this, but Caprica 6 too, going at it in my gaf and I ain't talking about no holodecks either. Let's face it, sci - fi purists may frown but why would we bother developing space travel technologies if there were no babes like those at the end of it all????

aye, she looked good but her character was ridiculous. Afraid of everything but capable of speaking any language within 5 minutes of hearing it?

Advertisement