Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My New Car.....You Likie?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

AHA! His Facebook page has the answer:

Bio: A rather controversial character, Half French, Half Irish.In luv, In love with my Megane CC ;)

It all makes sense now!

A delusional fella aswell

....I drive a Renault Megane CC & Im ****ing loaded.....:P

Sure you are mate! :rolleyes: ....nothing spells wealth like a 2006 Megane :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

A delusional fella aswell

....I drive a Renault Megane CC & Im ****ing loaded.....:P

Sure you are mate! :rolleyes: ....nothing spells wealth like a 2006 Megane :pac:

Yah but if that's "wealth" then I reckon it'l be walk in the park to come across as a millionaire and be able to pick up his sister ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

This thread is HILARIOUS!! :D:D:D has absolutely made my day!! :D

I knew people woudnt approve at all, like many of my friends in fact! However, my excuse is that I'm French, and voila, French people drive these cars with no shame!! :D

I think if you look at the cars Ive owned before (smart car, peugeot 107) you will see that I really dont care what people think! Most people actually like the cars I own to be honest! :p

But please keep the comments going, this is making me laugh my tities off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

jayjay2010 wrote: »

I knew people woudnt approve at all, like many of my friends in fact! However, my excuse is that I'm French, and voila, French people drive these cars with no shame!! :D

I think if you look at the cars Ive owned before (smart car, peugeot 107) you will see that I really dont care what people think! Most people actually like the cars I own to be honest! :p

They're taking the piss out of you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Glad to see you've a sense of humour in it!

Does your sister have that quality too? Looks AND personality...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

^^^^ Why do i get the feeling the op loves attention? Whether its negative or positive.

On the car car theres no way id drive it and that video wow cringetworthy at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

spottyelephant and eringobragh - keep this thread about the car please.
    Berty wrote:
    Personally I do not like Convertibles in this part of the world. We simply do not have the weather for it. Maybe if I was rich living in LA I would buy a convertible but not here.

I completely disagree. Convertibles aren't really that nice in very warm climates. The muggy sort of days we get are actually perfect for them. I wouldn't drive the OP's car though.

^^^^ Why do i get the feeling the op loves attention? Whether its negative or positive.

On the car car theres no way id drive it and that video wow cringetworthy at best.

I appreciate everyones opinion, wether its positive or negative. At the end of the day it is my car and I'm delighted with it. yes, it is feminine but I just like it!! :)

I think a lot of people take other peoples opinions too seriously. For example, because the 206 has a ''hairdresser'' reputation in Ireland, a lot of people wouldnt ever consider buying one of these just because of that. In France, all French cars are seen as acceptable for all ages, both sexes.

I wouldnt NOT buy a car that I like just because it has a girlie reputation. I honestly dont care :pac:

But I like all the negative stuff, its hilarious! Nothing wrong with a bit of laugh! Keep it up! :D

-Not sure I can say the same about sister-related comments tho!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Never been in one, can't say when winter rolls around I would want to either.

I think you've misunderstood me.

I, personally, amen't affected by peoples opinions. Everyone is free to say what they think, I encourage it! :)

I like the car. I wrote this thread to see what people think of the car. I obviously expected mostly negative comments (at the end of the day, it is a convertible).

Then I went on to say that there are too many people out there that wouldnt get a car that they personally like BECAUSE of the reputation that car has. That, I find pretty pathetic.

...But hey, thats everyone else and not me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Also not the best time to buy a convertible. They are usually cheaper to buy in the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Tea + keyboards = thanks boardsies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I dont think people have problems with convertibles, its that car is the problem.

I dont think people have problems with convertibles, its that car is the problem.

Funnily enough, there was an old lad in a bright blue one of these infront of me in traffic yesterday. He had the roof down and I actually felt embarrassed, thinking "God if my ould lad bought one of those"... He then proceeded to blatently run a red light and stop in the yellow box. I had to look away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Never been in one, can't say when winter rolls around I would want to either.

...what has the time of year got to do with it ? :confused:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

No, it's pretty clear that there's a solid contingent here who think all convertibles are gay, Minis are gay, Fiat 500s are gay, Micras are gay and so on.

Basic sexually insecure attitudes from guys who had posters of Hummers on their walls as kids.

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...what has the time of year got to do with it ? :confused:

Because the roof is always open? Duhhh...

Anyone think this is gay

p0042383_opt.jpg

or this

Mercedes_Benz_SL_65_AMG__Twin_Turbo_V12_AMG___610_HP_.jpg

Those little tin convertibles are not really going to get much praise on a motors forum. Minis are great cause they drive well, Fiat 500 looks great ( i would not want one but they do look good), Micras are crap.

Anyone think this is gay

Those little tin convertibles are not really going to get much praise on a motors forum.

The Bmw is as bad as the Megane IMO, just for the more wealthy. The SL is debatable, I still wouldn't be seen with the top down in it though. It's the country we live in.

Anyone think this is gay

p0042383_opt.jpg

or this

Mercedes_Benz_SL_65_AMG__Twin_Turbo_V12_AMG___610_HP_.jpg

Those little tin convertibles are not really going to get much praise on a motors forum. Minis are great cause they drive well, Fiat 500 looks great ( i would not want one but they do look good), Micras are crap.

Nice cars!

However, I think in this country, people are WAY too influenced by a car's general reputation. A 206 is a girls car. A Micra is an old persons car. An old civic is a scumbag car...relax!

People dont feel free to buy what car they really like because of its reputation.

I;m not saying everyone feels this way, but its seems that a vast majority do. If a man likes a 206cc but knows the girlie reputation it has, he will not buy it! And THAT I find crazy! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

all awful cars

the reanult being the worst :eek: id rather go and buy a skip and put wheels and an engine in it ,at least thatd look rough ha ha ha ha

Enough attention yet?

598946-troll_funny_pic_super.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Nice cars!

However, I think in this country, people are WAY too influenced by a car's general reputation. A 206 is a girls car. A Micra is an old persons car. An old civic is a scumbag car...relax!

People dont feel free to buy what car they really like because of its reputation.

I;m not saying everyone feels this way, but its seems that a vast majority do. If a man likes a 206cc but knows the girlie reputation it has, he will not buy it! And THAT I find crazy! :pac:
    +1. Basically what we're looking at here is three pages of social & sexual insecurity.

Anan1 wrote: »
    +1. Basically what we're looking at here is three pages of social & sexual insecurity.

Interspersed with shavings of extreme disingenuous political correctness :D

Interspersed with shavings of extreme disingenuous political correctness :D
    I'll admit that that's funny, but I still stand over what I said.:)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's like sunglasses. Irish people won't wear them (outside the car) in case people think they are trying to be cool.

There we were, Mrs MarkR and I squinting in the sun when I had a perfectly good pair of sunglasses in the car. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nice cars!

And a D reg car is worth more money. :D

MarkR wrote: »
    It's like sunglasses. Irish people won't wear them (outside the car) in case people think they are trying to be cool.

There we were, Mrs MarkR and I squinting in the sun when I had a perfectly good pair of sunglasses in the car. :)

I won't either, and If I do I have to have my hand on them the whole time pretending that I'm taking them off incase anyone see's me:p

MarkR wrote: »

But some car are like these sunglasses

elton.2.jpg

Like the way you mentioned your wife....never confused.....;)

• Advertisement

Stop digging, fitzgeme.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement