Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That "Institute". What is it really?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

There's nothing wrong with it. Get back under your rock, we all know you're just repressing your natural desires and the holy book of Citrus Fruits says that's bad. Bad, I tell you.

131480-pineapple-eating-contest-kampala-uganda.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Well, of course you should polish the pineapple.

Polishing one's pineapple is a sacred thing however the misuse of one's pineapple is a grave sin. Pineapple polishing should only occur in a loving marriage.

Putting a pineapple in your mouth- well, you should learn to respect yourself more, really. It's not natural.

And as for putting it in anywhere else....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

"Behold the name of the Pineapple cometh from afar, his wrath burneth, and is heavy to bear: his lips are filled with indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire."
    Thou shalt surely feel his rage:

Pineapple_FFXII.jpg

And it may be painful.....

2010SeptemberCraftH+(6)+(1).jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I have no problem with pineapple itself. It's a nice fruit and on my wilder days I enjoyed a slice or two myself. But it does not belong in the institute of pizza toppings. You only have to look at children brought up in families where real pizza is served to see that they are better off. I know people will post studies against that but come on it's obvious. Now if two adults want to put pineapple on the pizza in the privacy of their own bedroom out of public sight then I suppose that's ok but it's not acceptable in sit down restaurants where families converge and I dare say most restaurant owners share that view!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I have no problem with pineapple itself. It's a nice fruit and on my wilder days I enjoyed a slice or two myself. But it does not belong in the institute of pizza toppings. You only have to look at children brought up in families where real pizza is served to see that they are better off. I know people will post studies against that but come on it's obvious. Now if two adults want to put pineapple on the pizza in the privacy of their own bedroom out of public sight then I suppose that's ok but it's not acceptable in sit down restaurants where families converge and I dare say most restaurant owners share that view!

Well said. Come on, it's just common sense.

Besides, if we allow pineapple, then we'll have to allow olives, and from there it'll be battery acid and seal pup meat on our pizzas.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

OK, in a set menu restaurant I'm not allowed pineapple (Milanos, Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork?)

But if I decide to go a la carte...then I can make up my own version of what I like with the pepperoni???

So, I'd go with the what the majority view as correct for a pizza (size, shape, dough)...but I'd add my own special touch - works for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,336 ✭✭✭✭Penn

OK, in a set menu restaurant I'm not allowed pineapple (Milanos, Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork?)

But if I decide to go a la carte...then I can make up my own version of what I like with the pepperoni???

So, I'd go with the what the majority view as correct for a pizza (size, shape, dough)...but I'd add my own special touch - works for me ;)

Pfft... Typical "Cultural Pizza-eater"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

You are all wrong. I have read the Biblio Pizza in the original Latin not the so-called vernacular mistranslations via Americanese into English favoured by some who claim to be knowledgeable and it clearly states in the Book of Toppings (23:14-69:69)

'Yea, although fruit be good for the Lord's creations for it preventh scurvy which is an abomination and nasty unto the Creator's nostrils it must be taken in moderation as it incites joyousness. But harken ye onto our commands that thou shalt never placeth fruit upon carbohydrates unless it be the placement of sliced banana upon toast which is pleasing onto the Creator. Verily, I say onto thee that whosoever enjoys fruit lying with wheat shall be shunned and their wordly goods shall be given onto the anointed intercessors along with any small children.'

QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Looks like we got another A&A schism on our hands :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

studiorat wrote: »
    Jackie lives in Co. Dublin with her husband, Tom, and their six children Katie, Andrew, Hope, John, Christopher and baby due in February. They have home educated their children for the past seven years.

Oh these crazy celebrities and their out there baby names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

A baby Jew you say?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Galvasean wrote: »
    A baby Jew you say?

Named Dewey?

Advertisement